View Poll Results: Will You Miss The DCEU?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I Will Miss It!

13 13.40%
  • No - Bring On The New Universe!

58 59.79%
  • I’m Indifferent Either Way.

26 26.80%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I don't think Gunn cares that much about comics, either. Pretty much all of his comic movies have nothing to do with the source material and most of the characters are basically OCs with a comic character name and costume. That's not to say none of those movies are good, but I've never understood how Gunn cultivated this reputation for being such a diehard comic fan. I think we're just trading one juvenile edgelord with no respect for the source material for another.
    You don't have to treat the source material as a holy bible. RDJ's Tony Stark was virtually nothing like his comic book counterpart, but his portrayal is universally regarded as one of the greatest of all-time. Similarly, Gunn certainly took liberties with GotG, but they were amazing movies.

I didn't even get into the original Superman or Batman movies.

nope. it was a dark, brutal and ugly overall. the few high points weren't enough to elevate the rest.

I know many people liked it but I'm glad to see the back of it finally.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    nope. it was a dark, brutal and ugly overall. the few high points weren't enough to elevate the rest.

I know many people liked it but I'm glad to see the back of it finally.
    I think the most vocal supporters were mostly Zack Snyder zealots. The two most successful films - Wonder Woman and Aquaman - had very little ties to Snyder's vision.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

For all the bad, there WAS some good too.

Cavill was a good Superman - he just wasn't given much to work with.
    I liked Batfleck a great deal too.
    Gadot was a great Wonder Woman.
    Blue Beetle was fun.
    The Shazam movies were good too.

That said, a fresh start might be just what the doctor ordered.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I saw someone have Birds of Prey high on their list which is utterly ridiculous. Using a team movie as a solo project is mind boggling.

Also I hope the people who brought in Ezra Miller as Barry Allen have bad karma for the rest of their lives.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I saw someone have Birds of Prey high on their list which is utterly ridiculous. Using a team movie as a solo project is mind boggling.

Also I hope the people who brought in Ezra Miller as Barry Allen have bad karma for the rest of their lives.

Its a damn good movie even if I dont like their version of Cass/Huntress. It's also the 4th best reviewed DCEU film.

It ruined the Harley Joker break up scene imo. Like you couldn't recast Joker eith Harley beating his ass on screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    It ruined the Harley Joker break up scene imo. Like you couldn't recast Joker eith Harley beating his ass on screen?
    The DCEU wasnt well known for its connective tissue between films

The sandwich journey is one of the best ever

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 12-27-2023 at 07:40 AM.

I also liked BOP, even though I wasn't a fan of what it did to Cass (I'm hoping she gets rebooted). Jurnee is one of the few DCEU castings I'll miss since I was looking forward to seeing her Canary again.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I liked the actress they got for Renee and McGregor was alright as Black Mask but everyone else got hammered especially Huntress who was running around as an incompetent Punisher fangirl. At least they managed to keep Harley in line with Gunn's. Margot Robbie was good in all 3 of her movies.
    "Cable was right!"

It gave us fun fight scenes. There wasn't some alien threat for her to take out magically. It was exactly the type of movie id expect for a SS film.

How was the SHAZAMily received? The casting looks good and what Ive seen of Levi seems charming enough...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Levi is very bitter and played the character as more childish than Billy was portrayed.

But overall good castings. Most fairly wasted. Shame we never got DJ as Superman. Talk about getting downgraded. Cast as big blue only to end up as a supporting Shazam. Same with Adam Brody starting out as Flash

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Levi is very bitter and played the character as more childish than Billy was portrayed.

But overall good castings. Most fairly wasted. Shame we never got DJ as Superman. Talk about getting downgraded. Cast as big blue only to end up as a supporting Shazam. Same with Adam Brody starting out as Flash
    I spent the entire first film waiting for Levi to get off the screen, so I could learn more about these other five, who were *all* more interesting to me. He felt like he was trapped at the center of this, and didn't really want to be there? And the second movie was more of the same, but, inexplicably, not even as good a 'goofy comicbook movie,' IMO.

And I'd agree with those saying here that BoP was a good movie with some fun characters, apart from (IMO), a terribly reinvented Cassandra Cain. Smollet-Bell and Winstead gave really cool Black Canary and Huntress performances, although the movie leaned a bit heavily into Robbie's insanely good Harley. A little too much of a good thing, that kind of took away from the other characters getting a chance to shine in their own movie.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 12-27-2023 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The name change was one of the oddest moves that demonstrated they obviously were trying to hedge their bets between making it a solo or a team movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Its a damn good movie even if I dont like their version of Cass/Huntress. It's also the 4th best reviewed DCEU film.
    A comically ultra-violent, smart-alec, canonically queer anti-hero clad in red and black who underwent a dramatic chemical transformation and started out as a villain starring in a movie wherein they lose the love of their life, spiral into depression, bust up a government facility then form a ragtag team to save a troubled teen from losing their way and making real human connections along the way to discovering the hero within? It was great! .... when it was called "Deadpool 2."
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-27-2023 at 06:04 PM.