Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is exciting. The X-Men's resurgence across the board is really coming next year!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    This is going to be Donny Cates' return to Marvel.
    I long suspected Donny Cates might be involved as his name makes bank and he is the kind of young and hot creator Brevoort might want for his new X-line. The only question mark is how well he is these days after his accident, I just don't know if he's well enough yet to be able to do ongoing comics work. But he would definitely be a huge boon for the mutants.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlligatorSky View Post
    With any luck we’ll start hearing stuff sooner rather than later to generate some hype.

The creative teams are what’s going to get me most, or least, excited for this upcoming era.
    I think with this teaser of the start date they officially started the clock on the reveals. July solicits will hit in April but for a relaunch of this magnitude I would expect Marvel's marketing machine to start working from February at the very least, especially if big-name creators are involved.

And I'm the same, the creators are what will make it or break it for me: I have many favourite characters and a number of teams and setups I enjoy but at the end of the day a good creator can make pretty much anything work for me. Here's hoping we start hearing something real soon.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Start the clock is wild ��! He really said I don’t care about keeping investment in what’s currently going on in the books. Honestly can’t be mad at him for it.
    Well, he might as well be honest. Folks have probably already decided whether or not they’ll continue for six more months of Fall of X or not. He needs to get those who have given up a reason to return.

I remember when Hickman started he talked about how he got all destructive pitches and had to turn them down. Eventually, though, that’s exactly who won out, putting out a closing year of destructive stories. And before that, we had to go through the same thing before Hickman, just not as long. I have no faith that even a rise from the ashes won’t quickly go back to the same old story, because that’s what writers bring to the table and Mutants can only move so far. We haven’t heard from Brevoort that he has or will impose a different vision.

Soooooooo they are going to kill Moiria, reset the timeline and act like the Krakoa age never happened? Jesus take the wheel
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    The only question mark is how well he is these days after his accident, I just don't know if he's well enough yet to be able to do ongoing comics work.
    If not, there's always the limited series with Capullo.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Seeing the rollout of relaunch is always exciting. I look forward to seeing how Marvel will tackle the reveal's. They are always the most fun part IMO.

I know they won't be able to recapture what Hickman/Larraz/Silva/Gracia launched with, but I hope it'll be somewhat inspired. I also hope they have some high caliber artists ready.

I'm looking forward to Tom's substack this weekend since he'll likely talk about the teaser. I suspect he'll be getting X-related questions submitted as well.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    This is exciting. The X-Men's resurgence across the board is really coming next year!
    what do you think the odds are this is anything OTHER then "back to basics"/"Back to the Manor" with "classic mutant villians"? aka erase all the growth of the last 5 years.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    Soooooooo they are going to kill Moiria, reset the timeline and act like the Krakoa age never happened? Jesus take the wheel
    Moira got depowered in Inferno so she's not a mutant anymore so probably not gonna have a timeline reset

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    Moira got depowered in Inferno so she's not a mutant anymore so probably not gonna have a timeline reset
    there may be a clone running around somewhere though

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    If death doesn't stop writers from bringing back characters, to the point of making longterm readers comical indifferent to it, then such things as depowerement or android bodies are unlikely to be much of an obstacle in this regard.

If the editorial gives the green light or demands it, Moira X will get her powers back and then used as reset button. Though in theory they don't even need Moira X since they have all the other immortal beyond time and space black hole mega beings things they can use just aswell.

The status quo is apparently not selling well anymore, with one percieved culprint being that it has in some way (what ever it's the stories and direction or just the lack of quality) repulsed too much of the old buyership, without attracting enough of a new to take their place and keep the direction sustainable, which is all the more problematic with the way Marvel has allowed their comics to be a niché product with miminal attraction or aviability for a wider buyership (given the possibilities of the internet it's impossible to determine how many actualy read these comics without buying).

Without drastic changes to the system of publishing and ensuring aviability to a wider interested buyership, the next best strategy Marvel comics might concieve to re-establish sales numbers is to attract the old buyership again and IF these have disliked the direction and changes to the world and characters of the X-men, than a reboot and erasure of the unloved elements, might be deemed necessary.

And if it's deemed necessary the button will be hit.

Of course that's still just an "if", since they might still try to build the next status quo while keeping the current canon, even if it's making the allready convoluted continuity and perpetual stagnant state of things worse.
    Last edited by Grunty; 12-21-2023 at 10:15 AM.

I'd like to have faith, but I can't unless we get good editors and good writers who aren't afraid to reverse years or bad retcons and are willing to put characters back on model.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Pretty sure its going to be boring nostalgia. I hope im wrong.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I guess that makes it officially official. "From the Ashes" is the umbrella title of the new Tom Brevoort era and they also made it a point to say they'll be launching ongoing books instead of limited series which have been a staple in the past year or so.
    At least with 'From the Ashes' you only have to change one letter to make an angry meme about it. It's like they're just handing trolls the gun.