Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    She still has Wonder Man’s abilities too I think.
    Nope just Wonder man's. aShe lost those ms marvel powers awhile back. She is stronger and I believe immortal due to wonder man's physiology.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

She still has Wonder Man’s abilities too I think.
    I honestly have no clue what Rogue's powers are these days anymore. In theory, as she went through resurrection she should have defaulted back to her base powers... she did go through resurrection in the first Excalibur arc or am I misremembering?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I honestly have no clue what Rogue's powers are these days anymore. In theory, as she went through resurrection she should have defaulted back to her base powers... she did go through resurrection in the first Excalibur arc or am I misremembering?
    She didn’t. She drained apocalypse instead and he got resurrected (sporting a cane for 1 or 2 issues after that).

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    Which is weird because Rogue still has Carol’s abilities so she should’ve been able to withstand that blast
    She hasn't had Carol's powers since the 2000s. Wonder Man's powers are functionally equivalent though, in that it gives her flight and super strength. She actually destroyed his body by absorbing him, but her borrowing Deadpool's powers restored him at the end of Duggan's original Uncanny Avengers run (thus allowing Simon to join the team in Zub's short run).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-25-2023 at 07:10 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I think the reason it seems like Captain America and Iron Man are doing most, not necessarily all, the heavy lifting in the fight against Orchis is that Orchis severely damaged, if not flat-out destroyed, the mutants' credibility with the general human public by orchestrating the deaths of humans during the attack on the latest Hellfire Gala and poisoning the miracle drugs offered to humankind in exchange for acceptance and recognition of mutant sovereignty vis-a-vis Krakoa. As Avengers, who are more commonly respected as defenders and protectors of Earth and humanity at large, Cap and Tony still have some clout left to address them and counteract Orchis's genocidal propaganda and aims, unlike the X-Men, who have been almost thoroughly discredited by Orchis in the eyes of the general public.
    That totally makes sense in-universe, but on the meta level, to us readers, they aren’t doing anything.

In this series, the mutants were literally keeping the human witness (Kingpin) a secret instead of using him. It took several humans (Urich to first let Cap know about it, then Cap asking Rogue about it), in order for the mutants to try and help their case. If the writers wanted the mutants to at least have some initiative, they could have written it as having Rogue approach Cap first to recommend reaching out to a reporter, like Urich. Or show us Emma and Kingpin talking and discussing how to use him as a witness.

Kitty was just doing the same in-fighting that people accused the Council of - focusing in her personal vendetta against Angelica, which wouldn’t weaken Orchis at all even if she did kill Firestar.
    The X-men are just doing random side quests - Punch Thing x2 times for a skill point; Have dinner with Doom for some experience points. And coming up next, see Synch do a dungeon crawl mission.

Heck, even Forge is just being randomly bumped into by Riri.

The writers across Fall of X just aren’t showing the mutants being the protagonists

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    That totally makes sense in-universe, but on the meta level, to us readers, they aren’t doing anything.

In this series, the mutants were literally keeping the human witness (Kingpin) a secret instead of using him. It took several humans (Urich to first let Cap know about it, then Cap asking Rogue about it), in order for the mutants to try and help their case. If the writers wanted the mutants to at least have some initiative, they could have written it as having Rogue approach Cap first to recommend reaching out to a reporter, like Urich. Or show us Emma and Kingpin talking and discussing how to use him as a witness.

Kitty was just doing the same in-fighting that people accused the Council of - focusing in her personal vendetta against Angelica, which wouldn’t weaken Orchis at all even if she did kill Firestar.
    The X-men are just doing random side quests - Punch Thing x2 times for a skill point; Have dinner with Doom for some experience points. And coming up next, see Synch do a dungeon crawl mission.

The writers across Fall of X just aren’t showing the mutants being the protagonists
    Don't forget Iceman just hanging out with his Inhuman boyfriend, because reasons.

Nearly getting wiped out as a race seems to be just an excuse for a vacation.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Don't forget Iceman just hanging out with his Inhuman boyfriend, because reasons.

Or Kurt/Nightcrawler doing a surprisingly decent Spider-Man impression. That said, I do see and respect your points there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    She didn’t. She drained apocalypse instead and he got resurrected (sporting a cane for 1 or 2 issues after that).
    Right... so she should still have Simon Williams' powers, which are conveniently very close to the original Ms Marvel's.

I do like Rogue as a flying brick but also just with her base powers, and if she wants to do a certain frat she has to touch Colossus or Monet first. The Wonder Man powers are frankly easily forgotten as to where they come from exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

It doesn’t seem like you read Astonishing Ice Man because your take is way way off base.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Ultimate Member

It doesn’t seem like you read Astonishing Ice Man because your take is way way off base.
    I skimmed it.

Neither Kurt nor Bobby seem to making any effort to find and/or coordinate with other survivors and fight back in some meaningful way. They're largely doing their own thing, and hell, Bobby was just quipping up a storm when enslaved mutant hounds were unleashed upon him.

If they wanna have the gravitas of mutants pushed to the brink, they need to be consistent