Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I thought this was a solid ending to a mini that stated out with a strong first issue, fizzled out with the middle issues but then stuck the landing.

I enjoyed Ben Urich's narration in this issue as well as Rogue's hero moment. I think her new/old look is a fun twist after years of the Jim Lee costume, I'm not sure an exact replica of her original costume is the way to go though, perhaps Chris Bachalo's redesign of it from the Steve Seagle run would have been better?

Although I guess it doesn't really matter because Lucas Werneck is already drawing both her hair and her costume differently in the Fall of the House of X preview pages:

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

This one was one of the last X-books came out this week, so please go ahead and vote for the X-Books Awards of this year. See Sticky thread on this forum. (or my signature for the link)
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Agreed, Werneck's version is a lot better. Love the red addition to the costume, it really makes it pop out more instead of the solid green and white combo; also gives an adventurer "rogue" (the role) type feel to it. The hair also is styled better, I think the swept back look doesn't look good with hair that short.

Only time I've enjoyed that hairstyle on Rogue is when X-Men Evolution did it with the Bayville Sirens.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Agreed, Werneck's version is a lot better. Love the red addition to the costume, it really makes it pop out more instead of the solid green and white combo; also gives an adventurer "rogue" (the role) type feel to it. The hair also is styled better, I think the swept back look doesn't look good with hair that short.

Only time I've enjoyed that hairstyle on Rogue is when X-Men Evolution did it with the Bayville Sirens.

There is only so long you can hold off on Rogue's glorious mane of hair.

Curly, Big hair Rogue is the best Rogue.
    Will come back in The Brevoort era.

Incredible Member

Call me Grant is just so dumb ... but like the daytime soap opera this entire series has been, utterly in line with the trashy factor.

And now we know that "Stevil is impossible to defeat in Forge's battlesuit", but Deadpool's teeth are strong enough to break off pieces.

Did the artist read Avengers Annual #10 before doing this issue? Because Rogue’s makeover looks straight from the pages of her debut including the Reed Richards skunk streaks being separated before Paul Smith retconned it into one streak when she joined the X-Men.

IMG_9289.jpg
    Last edited by Project Initiative Cascada; 12-21-2023 at 11:15 AM.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

And Rogue can absorb through skin without skin...( or muscles, or organs or brain for whatever reason)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post

That was a fun episode. Probably the best one before s*** hit the fan with the exposure of mutants' existence to the general human public and the fallout from that.

As for this issue, I will cosign those here who were severely disappointed in, if not disgusted by, Duggan's approach to "HYDRA-Cap/Grant Rogers" and his ideology/philosophy going forward . . . and add to that my own discontentment at Black Widow being so casually dispensed with after she was originally killed (accidentally) by "Grant" while trying to stop Miles Morales/Spider-Man from killing him in Secret Empire #7. You'd think there'd be more that could be made of them encountering each other again after that, but no.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Just when you think Marvel citizens wouldn't sink any lower, this issue happened with Stevil Flag Smasher speech buying his koolaid. turning on the real Cap after he tried to nuke the city.
    Personally i think there is some betting pool among the Writing and Editorial staff on who can make the "normies" look even more stupid next to another that is label "who can make Spider-man suffer more".

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Whatever happened with Deadpool's kid, anyways?
    Well if memory serves, she is alive and in the custody of a LMD who has the brain patterns of a former SHIELD agent he trusted to keep her safe even though he doesn't remember anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Call me Grant is just so dumb ... but like the daytime soap opera this entire series has been, utterly in line with the trashy factor.

And now we know that "Stevil is impossible to defeat in Forge's battlesuit", but Deadpool's teeth are strong enough to break off pieces.
    ...yeah that was very, very stupid to read along with his upper half still being combat capable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    And Rogue can absorb through skin without skin...( or muscles, or organs or brain for whatever reason)
    Say what? I don't get 'yer point...

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Say what? I don't get 'yer point...
    nothing , I was just pointing out another of the things that don't make sense in the issue.
    I should have quoted lefthanded to make my post make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Whatever happened with Deadpool's kid, anyways?
    She will apparently be a major player in his upcoming series.

https://www.gamesradar.com/deadpool-...fying-new-foe/
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!