Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Uncanny Avengers #5 - Guess Who's Back?!

Well, what not who: spoilers:
    Rogue's early 80s first appearance hair and costume.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Can Stevil Rogers just stay dead? And now with the "new" identity....it is time to just shwack him and have an editorial mandate to keep him shwacked.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

A bit of an underwhelming ending, but I loved that Rogue got a heroic moment and I’d like to see more of this team together. There wasn’t enough time to see all of them shine and I think the dynamics with Monet, Quicksilver, and Psylocke particularly could be a lot of fun.

While I’m not a big fan of Grant, I do like the idea of an evil Cap being set up as an X-villain. I wouldn’t mind seeing him face off against the X-Men or the Unity Squad in the future.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Astonishing Member

Just when you think Marvel citizens wouldn't sink any lower, this issue happened with Stevil Flag Smasher speech buying his koolaid. turning on the real Cap after he tried to nuke the city.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    A bit of an underwhelming ending, but I loved that Rogue got a heroic moment and I’d like to see more of this team together. There wasn’t enough time to see all of them shine and I think the dynamics with Monet, Quicksilver, and Psylocke particularly could be a lot of fun.

While I’m not a big fan of Grant, I do like the idea of an evil Cap being set up as an X-villain. I wouldn’t mind seeing him face off against the X-Men or the Unity Squad in the future.
    I have an issue with them together. Writers just seem to throw random characters together they think make sense without building on what came before.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

They let him live?! THIS group of characters let him live? The only good thing about this era ending is No More Duggan.

Astonishing Member

LOL. In terms of 'writers writing about topics they clearly dont have as strong a grasp on as they think they do & showcasing their privilege & priorities while being convinced they were Definitely Making Some Points....Who Wore It Better? Duggan and this speech about fascism (and also, apparently, the slippery slope of both-sides-ism), or Remender and his "Just Call Me Alex" speech.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    LOL. In terms of 'writers writing about topics they clearly dont have as strong a grasp on as they think they do & showcasing their privilege & priorities while being convinced they were Definitely Making Some Points....Who Wore It Better? Duggan and this speech about fascism (and also, apparently, the slippery slope of both-sides-ism), or Remender and his "Just Call Me Alex" speech.
    I know this is a rhetorical question, but I’m gonna answer anyways cause the books have been boring as hell this week.

While Remember wrote the more blatantly tone deaf speech, I ultimately have more gripes with Duggan. With Remember, we could at least see other writers like Bendis reject his assertions and say, “actually let’s not do that.” The whole thing ultimately ended up being more memorable because of Remember’s response and not its overall impact on mutantkinds portrayal in the books.

With Duggan, he somehow got himself the lead writer role for the close of this era and deconstructed 4 years worth of worldbuilding to make his shallow points about fascism and oppression. There’s literally no way to follow the end of what was a revolutionary era for mutantkind without following Duggan’s work even though he’s proven he has nothing interesting to say about the lived experiences of marginalized people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    They let him live?! THIS group of characters let him live? The only good thing about this era ending is No More Duggan.
    absolutely this, but unfortunately it still has one last run

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Well, what not who: spoilers:
    Rogue's early 80s first appearance hair and costume.
    end of spoilers
    I'm sure it won't stick but I liked that they did that with her.

Ultimate Member

Whatever happened with Deadpool's kid, anyways?

Yeah, she'll be back in her 90s look come July for sure.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I never want to see it again lol

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wish they gave her another version of the Age of X look by Clay Mann.

OOh they should get Clay Mann on cover since he's so slow at interiors.

He can be the Russell Dauterman of Breevorts era.

Amazing Member

I think the idea is that they know now that Orchis has their own resurrection protocols (Selene) so they would just bring him back