Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I don't know what was worse.

Bringing back evil Captain America and making him a centerpiece of the mutant's titles or Rogue regenerating from her bones but not her hair.

Astonishing Member

I read this issue to the end thinking how low can Marvel civilians sink and be this stupid to buy into Stevil koolaid and then I see the news in our world with politics and such especially the one with captial T and his followers and I remember how it makes sense on fortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Well if memory serves, she is alive and in the custody of a LMD who has the brain patterns of a former SHIELD agent he trusted to keep her safe even though he doesn't remember anymore.
    He's obviously getting those memories back, since Ellie's in his new book by Cody Ziglar.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post

Bringing back evil Captain America and making him a centerpiece of the mutant's titles or Rogue regenerating from her bones but not her hair.
    That was odd, though it's explainable. At the end of Avengers Arena, X-23 got nuked by Hazmat. At the start of the next issue she appeared in, her hair grew back from bald to her usual long length. In-universe, that only took a few hours. Apparently her healing factor regenerated her hair with the rest of her body - and Logan is capable of the same. Deadpool's cancer which his healing factor keeps at bay is the only reason the same isn't true for him - he has scars that don't heal too. I can only assume Rogue's loan of Deadpool's healing factor wore off after her body was healed, but before her hair grew back. She probably just needs to borrow a healing factor from someone again to avoid waiting two years for it to grow out (not that they'll explain it if it is suddenly long again in summer).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-22-2023 at 03:21 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

They should both be bald, not grow a style. But hey… comics.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I wish they gave her another version of the Age of X look by Clay Mann.

OOh they should get Clay Mann on cover since he's so slow at interiors.
    Is Clay Mann no longer DC Exclusive?

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Did the artist read Avengers Annual #10 before doing this issue? Because Rogue’s makeover looks straight from the pages of her debut including the Reed Richards skunk streaks being separated before Paul Smith retconned it into one streak when she joined the X-Men.
    There was an issue of the short lived Tony Bedard helmed ROGUE ongoing series where she flashes back to changing her hair to one stripe on a youthful whim. SO retcon retconned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    And Rogue can absorb through skin without skin...( or muscles, or organs or brain for whatever reason)
    Are you saying that Rogue can absorb without skin to skin contact? I hate that development every time I see it.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Personally i think there is some betting pool among the Writing and Editorial staff on who can make the "normies" look even more stupid next to another that is label "who can make Spider-man suffer more".
    They do both at once sometimes, like in Uncanny Spider-Man #4 where the crowd trying to lynch a mutant-sympathizing human delivery driver near the X-Men's Treehouse then turned against Spider-Man as soon as a Stark Sentinel (presumably deliberately) misidentified him as a mutant when he stood up for that delivery driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I read this issue to the end thinking how low can Marvel civilians sink and be this stupid to buy into Stevil koolaid and then I see the news in our world with politics and such especially the one with captial T and his followers and I remember how it makes sense on fortunately.
    Yeah, at this point, it's like Marvel editorial wants us to root for Orchis's true leaders to liquidate/assimilate the entire human race after they're done wiping out mutants as well as other superhumans to clear the way for machine ascendancy as a Dominion. That said, I do sadly see your point.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Are you saying that Rogue can absorb without skin to skin contact? I hate that development every time I see it.
    She can absorb at a distance, but Duggan has never used that ability, and in panel skeletons hold hands. So I'm guessing it's absorption via skin without skin. Lol.

Maybe she has the curse of the black pearl that's why even as a skeleton she can do things....
    Last edited by Ilargi; 12-23-2023 at 03:46 AM.

This is not a "mutant title" dude. This is Uncanny Avengers. Also that doesn't necessary mean i dnt agree on the contrary i agree but here is the thing you are little bit too late. Also people were complaining about Logan having such healing factor. But lets face it it's Marvel editorial who f@# up this sh@#
    Last edited by Keno; 12-23-2023 at 12:50 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    This is not a "mutant title" dude. This is Uncanny Avengers. Also that doesn't necessary mean i dnt agree on the contrary i agree but here is the thing you are little bit too late. Also people were complaining about Logan having such healing factor. But lets face it it's Marvel editorial who f@# up this sh@#
    Agreed, but there is this weird thing going on where all the major Fall of X developments are being driven by Avengers. Captain America is on the media offensive, while Iron Man is attacking Orchis members (Fei Long) and trying to figure out counters to the Sentinels.

In contrast, the Earth mutants are just treading water and doing nothing until Marvel Editorials decides to have the Cyclops trial Special Issue(R). Xavier is literally doing nothing; Kitty Pryde is just aimlessly doing an edgelord routine, Emma Frost is playing sidekick to Tony, Iceman is right back where he started, and the rest of the X-men are just focused on doing side quests instead of the main story quest .

The non-Earth bound mutants are doing things, but it is largely unrelated to Fall of X as nothing they are doing has any bearing on the upcoming Orchis climax.
    Last edited by lefthanded; 12-23-2023 at 06:59 PM.

Astonishing Member

And talking, without a throat. That scene didn’t really need dialogue, and the dialogue that was there was just petty…

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Agreed, but there is this weird thing going on where all the major Fall of X developments are being driven by Avengers. Captain America is on the media offensive, while Iron Man is attacking Orchis members (Fei Long) and trying to figure out counters to the Sentinels.

In contrast, the Earth mutants are just treading water and doing nothing until Marvel Editorials decides to have the Cyclops trial Special Issue(R). Xavier is literally doing nothing; Kitty Pryde is just aimlessly doing an edgelord routine, Emma Frost is playing sidekick to Tony, Iceman is right back where he started, and the rest of the X-men are just focused on doing side quests instead of the main story quest .

The non-Earth bound mutants are doing things, but it is largely unrelated to Fall of X as nothing they are doing has any bearing on the upcoming Orchis climax.
    I think the reason it seems like Captain America and Iron Man are doing most, not necessarily all, the heavy lifting in the fight against Orchis is that Orchis severely damaged, if not flat-out destroyed, the mutants' credibility with the general human public by orchestrating the deaths of humans during the attack on the latest Hellfire Gala and poisoning the miracle drugs offered to humankind in exchange for acceptance and recognition of mutant sovereignty vis-a-vis Krakoa. As Avengers, who are more commonly respected as defenders and protectors of Earth and humanity at large, Cap and Tony still have some clout left to address them and counteract Orchis's genocidal propaganda and aims, unlike the X-Men, who have been almost thoroughly discredited by Orchis in the eyes of the general public.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He's obviously getting those memories back, since Ellie's in his new book by Cody Ziglar.
    He inexplicably had his memories of her back in his previous solo by Alyssa Wong.

Which is weird because Rogue still has Carol’s abilities so she should’ve been able to withstand that blast

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    Which is weird because Rogue still has Carol’s abilities so she should’ve been able to withstand that blast
    Well, Duggan also forgot Monet is way too strong and tough to be taken down by Stevil, so there's also that.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    She still has Wonder Man’s abilities too I think.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver