Default Power Girl #4 Preview

Power Girl #4 Preview
    Writer: Leah Williams
    Artist: Eduardo Pansica

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

So it's like she gets her own TAS styled Brainiac
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Is that Kal-L in tha t flashback??? As in Kal-L, the Superman of earth-Two.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

It always comes back to the origin I guess.

The original origin you mean.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

I don't know, "Paige" and Omen not withstanding, this has the makings of an interesting story. IF the ship is like a horror movie monster, and poses a similar challenge to her....but I find that hard to believe with a full powered Kryptonian. Hope it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I don't know, "Paige" and Omen not withstanding, this has the makings of an interesting story. IF the ship is like a horror movie monster, and poses a similar challenge to her....but I find that hard to believe with a full powered Kryptonian. Hope it's good.
    I wish the writing and PG's characterization was more consistent.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As do we all. Especially I think we all want her to get back to her classic characterization. And name.

I don't know if the current administration is inclined to give readers that.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Same here, the Powergirl comic is the only current Super Family series I don't like. I might drop the book soon. I chalk my disappointment up to PG's poor characterization they are making her too much like Supergirl, IMHO. It is a pity because PG already had a well-established unique character of her own, alas...
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-28-2023 at 05:51 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I don't know if the current administration is inclined to give readers that.
    I'm not so sure the current administration is inclined towards readers at all.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I'm not so sure the current administration is inclined towards readers at all.
    But it it's just IP maintenance, why bother with characters like Power Girl? She's never going to get into anything other than that one animated thing with the sex cultist actress. They always just use Supergirl for any live action. And if it's just treating PG like dirt so they can get rid of her....they can do that anyway.

First the "Tanya Spears" thing. I was convinced their plan was to kill off classic PG and replace her with Spears. But Spears had no personality, and there wasn't enough push behind the idea.

Now there's the even more insidious idea of just completely changing her personality, even her name. Is it so hard to call her "Karen" when SG is present? Or to have both of them acknowledge a few times that one has a name pronounced "Care-Uh", while the other is called "Kar-Uh"?

Extraordinary Member

But it it's just IP maintenance, why bother with characters like Power Girl? She's never going to get into anything other than that one animated thing with the sex cultist actress. They always just use Supergirl for any live action. And if it's just treating PG like dirt so they can get rid of her....they can do that anyway.

First the "Tanya Spears" thing. I was convinced their plan was to kill off classic PG and replace her with Spears. But Spears had no personality, and there wasn't enough push behind the idea.

Now there's the even more insidious idea of just completely changing her personality, even her name. Is it so hard to call her "Karen" when SG is present? Or to have both of them acknowledge a few times that one has a name pronounced "Care-Uh", while the other is called "Kar-Uh"?
    I’m pretty sure PG and Tanya can co-exist just like any other superhero with a teen version carrying the same moniker.
    Clark and Jon.
    Tim and Damien.
    Clint and Kate Bishop.
    Logan and Laura
    Janet and Nadia Pym
    Jay, Barry, Wally and Avery
    Etc
    Last edited by Will Evans; 12-28-2023 at 02:42 PM.

Amazing Member

Instead of the complicated origin the gave her, just say she's from Vlatlho Island.
    Say She was in Kandor when it was taken. Falls in love with outside world sneaks out and can eventually meet Supes becomes Main Earth Power Girl. Original PG is from Golden Age Earth 2.

But if their view is that Pre-Crisis was her personality and look; and if they are yndoing Crisis in order "restore" those things; then isn't the brassy, sarcastic, wise cracking aggro Atlantean version the change? Are they changing her personality or just changing it back? How do you guys see it?