Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm usually willing to give Johns the benefit of the doubt too but the constant delays with the book (coupled with him jumping ship to his own imprint) and execution of this run has left me sour.
    I wish there was a “Like” button in this forum!

BTW, #10 is now April 9, with #11 still listed for the 16th, but that will clearly change.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    BTW, #10 is now April 9, with #11 still listed for the 16th, but that will clearly change.
    Note to all of us - including myself! - There is a thread dedicated to a lot of what we've all been recently hashing out regarding our views on the tardiness of JSA:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ren-ship-dates

Let's return this particular thread here , pros and cons, to what it was originally intended for: Thoughts about issue 8 of Justice Society of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    He had similar delays in his Shazam book if I recall.
    I can’t quite remember the last Johns comics that stayed consistently on schedule.
    Right.

In reverse order… JSA, Shazam, Doomsday Clock, Three Jokers.

Aren’t those his 4 most recent DC projects, with one notable exception at the bottom of this post?

I remember that Three Jokers began way later than it was supposed to but can’t remember if each issue was delayed. I think they were but I don’t want to blame him for that when I’m not sure.

Shazam was definitely and consistently late and Doomsday Clock and JSA were/have been massively, damagingly, laughably late.

Which other writer is that unlucky with editorial, or ever has been? If you guessed none, you are correct. That was pretty obvious though.

I’m well past done giving him the benefit of the doubt because it’s absurd. I have a hard time understanding why anyone is.

He wasn’t reliably unreliable before he made film and TV his priority. Speaking of which, here’s that one comics exception…

He was on time for the recent Stargirl mini. Why? Could it be because he very understandably cares more about her than any other character. Of course he does; he created her to honor a sister he tragically lost when she was way too young. Not ever gonna give him guff about that but it does underline every point above.

When he cares that deeply about a character, he’s on time. When he’s writing anything else, he is chronically, ridiculously late.

How is anyone still trying to pin these delays on anyone but him?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Weird, because in Huntress’s future, they were still called the JSA.
    Maybe they'll be the "Justice Society for All"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Right.

In reverse order… JSA, Shazam, Doomsday Clock, Three Jokers.

Aren’t those his 4 most recent DC projects, with one notable exception at the bottom of this post?

I remember that Three Jokers began way later than it was supposed to but can’t remember if each issue was delayed. I think they were but I don’t want to blame him for that when I’m not sure.
    I think 3 Jokers didn't have any major delays AFTER #1 was released. It was a monthly mini series and started on August and ended on November. I think this happened because they didn't want to release #1 until Jason Fabok was almost done with the art for #3. It came out 4 years after it was originally announced, though.

There was also Flashpoint Beyond, which like Stargirl, usually had minor delays of 1 or 2 weeks with each issue. I think only the last one was delayed almost by a month. Also, this was originally announced as a biweekly series, lasting for only 3 months, but was turned into a monthly miniseries, supposedly because it didn't have enough orders.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Maybe they'll be the "Justice Society for All"
    That sounds like a reasonable solution.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Flashpoint Beyond had three writers.