Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Hopefully one day we’ll see Ruby vs Soranik.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    So.. where's the JUSTICE SOCIETY DARK? The solcittatios saíd that we are meeting them on this issue.
    Huh? We met them way back in The New Golden Age one-shot - the golden age version anyway. Zatara, Oberon, Diamond Jack, and Mister Miracle. Doctor Fate is their liaison to the main team.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Please, read the solicitation for issue 8 Very carefully..
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/12/20/dc...-of-america-8/
    Assinei.. where's the JUSTICE SOCIETY DARK?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Thoughts on the new issue?
    I take it we won’t see Sandy, Rick Tyler or any Hawk people in the title before Geoff leaves.
    It seems he has his base cast with Jay, Alan, Jakeem, Courtney and Dr Fate. Returned characters Yolanda and Beth.
    Occasionally with Mr Terrific and Powergirl. And the newer characters.
    I'm a little bummed at the lineup for the team and all of Johns' OC characters he's throwing in here (the name Ruby seems especially on the nose, even for Johns), but I really enjoyed this issue nonetheless. This was probably the first issue of this series that I felt fully engaged in. I feel like Alan was really well-done here, angry and conflicted about facing this ghost from his past, while still coming across as the same tough old dude I know and love. I liked the sequence of Ruby going floor-by-floor of the facility. Cool art there.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    (the name Ruby seems especially on the nose, even for Johns)
    Moreso than… Jade?

(I know, I know, Jade is Jenny’s codename, not her real name.)

I pointed this out in the Alan Scott thread, but Courtney’s phrasing when talking about Harlequin’s son is interesting. She says, “Michael Mayne. Son of the original Harlequin.” Not “Son of Alan’s wife, Molly, the original Harlequin.” (Or ex-wife, or late wife.) Not “Alan’s stepson.” No one suggests having Alan ask Molly about her son, or asking Alan if he has any way to contact Michael.

It’s far from what I’d call definitive, but it makes me wonder if they’re quietly retconning Alan’s marriage to Molly. (Which, I would argue, would probably be for the best. No need to make a big deal of it, just unobtrusively draw a clear line between the straight, pre-Flashpoint Alan and the gay, post-Doomsday Clock Alan and leave it at that.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Moreso than… Jade?

(I know, I know, Jade is Jenny’s codename, not her real name.)

I pointed this out in the Alan Scott thread, but Courtney’s phrasing when talking about Harlequin’s son is interesting. She says, “Michael Mayne. Son of the original Harlequin.” Not “Son of Alan’s wife, Molly, the original Harlequin.” (Or ex-wife, or late wife.) Not “Alan’s stepson.” No one suggests having Alan ask Molly about her son, or asking Alan if he has any way to contact Michael.

It’s far from what I’d call definitive, but it makes me wonder if they’re quietly retconning Alan’s marriage to Molly. (Which, I would argue, would probably be for the best. No need to make a big deal of it, just unobtrusively draw a clear line between the straight, pre-Flashpoint Alan and the gay, post-Doomsday Clock Alan and leave it at that.)
    That's kinda what I meant. We have Jade for Alan's daughter, okay, whatever. But then having his opposite number have a daughter named Ruby is kind of eye-rolling haha.

I caught that about Harlequin's son as well.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Moreso than… Jade?
    And then there'll be Amethyst, Amber, Pearl, Crystal, etc. I suppose. A whole gemstone Lantern lady team!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    And then there'll be Amethyst, Amber, Pearl, Crystal, etc. I suppose. A whole gemstone Lantern lady team!
    The Steven Universe tribute we never knew we needed .

Actually I think some of those are actual Amethyst: Princess of Gemworld characters...

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I'm a little bummed at the lineup for the team and all of Johns' OC characters he's throwing in here (the name Ruby seems especially on the nose, even for Johns), but I really enjoyed this issue nonetheless. This was probably the first issue of this series that I felt fully engaged in. I feel like Alan was really well-done here, angry and conflicted about facing this ghost from his past, while still coming across as the same tough old dude I know and love. I liked the sequence of Ruby going floor-by-floor of the facility. Cool art there.
    Maybe so, but I have to say I don't like how all the new kids seem to be leaning towards the dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Throw in star sapphire, and I'm down for it.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Maybe so, but I have to say I don't like how all the new kids seem to be leaning towards the dark side.
    Um, I make it two. Ruby and Salem. Judy's definitely a hero and most of the others just went to find new mentors.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    This reminds me of the time some fan on the Marvel boards, in response to all the new legacy characters and changes being done about a decade ago, posted his own personal mega-story pitch to essentially reset Marvel's entire status quo back to the 1980s, and the first part ended with a "shock" reveal that literally every single new legacy character, including Miles Morales and Kamala Khan, was actually a Hydra sleeper agent. Which cemented my belief that all audience ideas are utter crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    This reminds me of the time some fan on the Marvel boards, in response to all the new legacy characters and changes being done about a decade ago, posted his own personal mega-story pitch to essentially reset Marvel's entire status quo back to the 1980s, and the first part ended with a "shock" reveal that literally every single new legacy character, including Miles Morales and Kamala Khan, was actually a Hydra sleeper agent. Which cemented my belief that all audience ideas are utter crap.
    That would be kind of random .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    My sibling in fandom, please tell me you still have a link to that dumpster fire, because it sounds hilarious.

As for where the JS Dark has gone, odds are Johns may have started paring back plot lines as he approaches whatever handover

Looks like #9 has been pushed back again...March 5th now!