Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    Looks like #9 has been pushed back again...March 5th now!
    You have got to be kidding me! It's going to be 2025 before we see #12 at this rate. Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    You have got to be kidding me! It's going to be 2025 before we see #12 at this rate. Ridiculous.
    Its obvious that they had rewritten evrything. I think It was tolauncch spin offs series but with Jhons GM, evrything will be contained in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Between the delays and the insistence on focusing on everyone BUT the JSA itself, this run couldn't possibly have killed the franchise any more.
    I'm hopeful it will survive to see issue #13 with a new writer and a focus on the actual JSA roster.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    Looks like #9 has been pushed back again...March 5th now!
    By the time issue #9 comes out, the 3 NGA miniseries will be one issue away from wrapping up.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Oh my God just change writers already, this is ridiculous.

Whatever is wrong with Johns just kick him off and bring in someone else to handle this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Oh my God just change writers already, this is ridiculous.

Whatever is wrong with Johns just kick him off and bring in someone else to handle this.
    It's not like his actual work in this series has really made much of a splash unless you want to read about Huntress and her JSA.

Astonishing Member

On the bright side, it means that the Watchmen threads from Doomsday Clock that Johns was threatening to continue will never see the light of day.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    On the bright side, it means that the Watchmen threads from Doomsday Clock that Johns was threatening to continue will never see the light of day.
    But, I want tô know about Nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's not like his actual work in this series has really made much of a splash unless you want to read about Huntress and her JSA.
    Yeah. I love seeing an actual Helena Wayne in the lineup somehow, but bringing together morally challenged characters who won't be a team for a generation is something it's difficult to see the good side of. Isn't a more experienced Batman trained Huntress with knowledge of future tech and some events be good enough?
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yup. This entire run feels like a fake out. You want to read new adventures about the CURRENT JSA? Too bad we're gonna give you everything but that. Such a missed opportunity too with the JLA being disbanded and everything. It's the perfect time for the modern JSA to shine. But nope we get stories about a dozen + brand new characters that mostly have no connection to the JSA except in Geoff Johns' mind. Maybe the whole thing would work better if the book was on time. Unfortunately at this point it might be the consistently late comic ever produced.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Yeah. I love seeing an actual Helena Wayne in the lineup somehow, but bringing together morally challenged characters who won't be a team for a generation is something it's difficult to see the good side of. Isn't a more experienced Batman trained Huntress with knowledge of future tech and some events be good enough?
    My exact thoughts too, just write Huntress with the current JSA. Majority of the new characters (including the lost sidekicks) are uncompelling, doesn't help that the plot is so dragged out either. I'd rather see the characters I have been waiting to return since Flashpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    I like the idea of making the Justice Society a more international organization (and dropping the "of America") and building out its ranks with international members. There are lots of global WWII-era characters who could have new legacy members join up (think of someone like the Young Allies from Young All-Stars)...even members of the Axis powers could have descendants of the old villains who are ashamed of their great-grandparents actions and are using powers/new costumed identities to make up for it (provided it's handed in a sensitive fashion).

The question is, is Johns the guy for the job? Based on the whole sidekick nonsense situation (which, upon reading this, makes me think he could've focused on the international scene versus a bunch of redundant sidekick types), I'm guessing he isn't.

The problem with Johns' last run was when he started adding too many new members.

I think Jhons finally will use that internacional groups that he introduced in the DOOMSDAY CLOCK.