Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

https://www.visionistcove.com/comics...ica-to-expand/

There's a possibility the series will relaunch under the title 'Justice Society' dropping the America part of the name.

Quote Originally Posted by PrydefulHunts View Post
    https://www.visionistcove.com/comics...ica-to-expand/

There's a possibility the series will relaunch under the title 'Justice Society' dropping the America part of the name.
    A relaunch is better than stopping at 12.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Incredible Member

Don’t have a Popverse account, can someone that does say if he addresses the lengthy delays in the series?

That would be dumb. The JSA without the "A" just doesn't sound the same.

Yeah, for one reason or another letter A always felt more important to JSA than JLA.

I'm all for more international teams and characters, but the JSA is one of the few teams that I think are inherently "American". They have been around for decades and their history is too closely connected to the history of the US to make an expansion like this feel natural.
    Plus there is the obvious issue that the team is already way too bloated. They can't even get the actual JSA to appear or do anything meaningful. Introducing even more new characters into the mix will do the JS no favors.
    I just hope that once Johns leaves, DC editors don't shelve the team for years again and actually give it to someone who's interested in telling JSA stories. Too many great characters are being wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'm all for more international teams and characters, but the JSA is one of the few teams that I think are inherently "American". They have been around for decades and their history is too closely connected to the history of the US to make an expansion like this feel natural.
    Plus there is the obvious issue that the team is already way too bloated. They can't even get the actual JSA to appear or do anything meaningful. Introducing even more new characters into the mix will do the JS no favors.
    I just hope that once Johns leaves, DC editors don't shelve the team for years again and actually give it to someone who's interested in telling JSA stories. Too many great characters are being wasted.
    I agree in that I'd rather have the JLA be international while keeping the JSA focused on America. Also, other than the new Huntress, none of the new characters are doing much for me. I kinda like The Boom but not enough for her to take the spotlight from her dad. None of the others are interesting enough that I'd rather read about them on the JSA than the characters that are already members. It's almost like Geoff is taking pages from Rob Leifeld's playbook in introducing character after character but never fleshing them out. The result is uninteresting paper dolls. It's a shame because I'm a Geoff Johns fan and love his original run on JSA.

Extraordinary Member

Weird, because in Huntress’s future, they were still called the JSA.

Astonishing Member

I get the feeling that, as with Morrison and Ewing at times, there is a radically different DCU going on in Johns head from what’s being published

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I get the feeling that, as with Morrison and Ewing at times, there is a radically different DCU going on in Johns head from what’s being published
    Well this series has kinda been ignored until the Beast World tie-in with Huntress, Stargirl, and Red Arrow. Hopefully this supposed relaunch feels more in tune with the DCU.

Hard not to ignore an ongoing that has a new issues every 4 months.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    Anyone else remember this dude's history of dropping plots and promising projects that never materialize?

Enough already!

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Like if it wasn't delayed this run would be fine.

But it is horribly delayed so the constant expansion of characters and plotlines that might never end only grows more and more frustrating as a result.

Astonishing Member

Not gonna lie I was vaguely interested in thr idea of the Justice Society Dark, if only because Johns seemingly resisted the urge to pull a WWII incarnation of the Laughing Magician out of his ass

And also the idea that the Time Masters are themselves puzzled about whatever happened to DC’s most primatial of OG characters

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    Anyone else remember this dude's history of dropping plots and promising projects that never materialize?

Enough already!
    How do we know that it wasn't DC top-brass and editorial knee-capping some of those projects which never quite came to fruition? History will eventually tell the tale of the tape. I'm willing to give Johns some benefit of the doubt.