Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Default Wolverine #40 discussion (stars Peter)

Peter has a massive role in todays new Wolvie issue there are actually tons of badass moments for him, also maybe get a last hurrah for the Osborn suit. Anyone else read it?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    Peter has a massive role in todays new Wolvie issue there are actually tons of badass moments for him, also maybe get a last hurrah for the Osborn suit. Anyone else read it?
    I did talk a little about it in the peter parker thread
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Wolverine #40 was a great outing for Spider-Man. Benjamin Percy has an amazing voice for Peter. His characterization was spot on, his Peter was smart, highly capable, snarky, and the banter with Wolverine was spot on.

Spine-Tingling Spider-Man #3 was also a great read.

It's so...sad...when Peter is written incredibly well in satellite books and other characters' books, but the writing for him is an abject fail in his own ongoings.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Wolverine #40 was a great outing for Spider-Man. Benjamin Percy has an amazing voice for Peter. His characterization was spot on, his Peter was smart, highly capable, snarky, and the banter with Wolverine was spot on.

Spine-Tingling Spider-Man #3 was also a great read.

It's so...sad...when Peter is written incredibly well in satellite books and other characters' books, but the writing for him is an abject fail in his own ongoings.
    I love how Wolvie just snatches Peter out of his life for some help and Pete just rolls with going to space and everything, the characterization is amazing reminds me of Astonishing Spidey and Wolvie, they get on each others nerves but they can always depend on each other

Mighty Member

I love how Wolvie just snatches Peter out of his life for some help and Pete just rolls with going to space and everything, the characterization is amazing reminds me of Astonishing Spidey and Wolvie, they get on each others nerves but they can always depend on each other
    If written by Wells, then wolverine would have saved Peter at least 3 times.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    If written by Wells, then wolverine would have saved Peter at least 3 times.
    While lecturing him twice in between

They're actually pretty good friends aren't they? They were on the Avengers together, and when Logan lost his healing factor and figured he might finally die, it was Spidey he asked to fill in for him at the Jean Grey School when he perished - leading to the Spider-Man and the X-Men book that ran just before Secret Wars.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They're actually pretty good friends aren't they? They were on the Avengers together, and when Logan lost his healing factor and figured he might finally die, it was Spidey he asked to fill in for him at the Jean Grey School when he perished - leading to the Spider-Man and the X-Men book that ran just before Secret Wars.
    They became like blood brothers in Astonishing Spider-Man/Wolverine.

Fantastic Member

So funny to me that Spider-Man being competent and cool used to be an every issue occurrence. Now it gets its own thread if he makes it through an issue without tripping on his own webs