Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I have to say that I disagree with a lot that was said in that review from comicsfx.com that was linked to in this first post.
    This comment reminded me I didn't read the link, so I did now. Wish I didn't.
    Given the clear hatred the author has for the O5, I think the whole article is biased. Gods, I hate it when someone who hates a specific team reviews a title written around that very same team. I mean, if I hate, say, Storm, would I be believable as a reviewer for X-Men Red?
    How can I agree with someone's view, when they start with lines such as
    the idea that people still want to read a comic about five jars of mayonnaise (...) as a team they are long past the point of freshness, as mutantkind has grown exponentially more diverse over the decades to match its readership
    as if all readership looked at in a superhero comic was the colour of the skin (or ethnicity). *rolleyes*

I'm growing less and less tolerant for people who **** like this on the O5. I'm quite tired.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

BANNED

I truly expected Original X-Men #1 to be something approaching a revelation or connection to the O5 being brought to the future and then returning to their proper period in time with a sliver of memories to grow on especially after Teen-Jean mopped the floor with the Imperial Guard the way she did. But, my jaw fell to the floor with this book and the unbelievable and non-sensical Onslaught/Jean Grey merger(?) leaving me to question -- How and why the hell did the Onslaught entity come back for this after that lusterless ending that occurred in The Onslaught Revelation?
    Last edited by Micabe; 12-22-2023 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Link(s) added.

So… I slogged through this to find out who was getting left behind… and it didn’t happen.. what a waste. Zero interest in Weapon X-men.