Page 246 of 340 FirstFirst ... 146196236242243244245246247248249250256296 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 5096

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Marjorie Taylor Green has filed a motions to oust Mike Johnson as Speaker. Excuse me while I go away and laugh for a while.
    Capitol Storming Barbie will do anything to stay relevant when we all know she's just a CCW (very derogatory term that would probably get me suspended).
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Well, Candy has time now. The right wing propaganda site Daily Wire fired her.
    I feel like we should be dancing on the ceiling.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    She called it a 'warning' not a 'pink slip'. So I guess she wasn't happy about the spending package.....
    That harridan wouldn't be happy if the entire world suddenly turned into clones of her. She's a miserable bitch every day of the week and double on Sunday.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Marjorie Taylor Green has filed a motions to oust Mike Johnson as Speaker. Excuse me while I go away and laugh for a while.
    MTG is a total clown.

With the resignations, there GOP majority is just what? One?

This is definitely not the time for this sort of thing. Even Matt Gaetz explained that this sort of thing will yield a Democratic speaker if they aren't careful.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    MTG is a total clown.

With the resignations, there GOP majority is just what? One?

This is definitely not the time for this sort of thing. Even Matt Gaetz explained that this sort of thing will yield a Democratic speaker if they aren't careful.
    This is the party of dismissing facemasks in the middle of a global pandemic. Careful is at the bottom of their priorities. I hope they keep threatening me with a good time regarding their House stunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Capitol Storming Barbie will do anything to stay relevant when we all know she's just a CCW (very derogatory term that would probably get me suspended).
    Crotch Crickets Wrangler
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Talk about plot twists

“People in camouflage, at least three, burst into the ground floor of the Crocus City Hall and opened fire from automatic weapons. There are definitely wounded,” state news agency RIA Novosti reported, citing its correspondent at the scene.

The terrorist group ISIS claimed responsibility for the attack, according to its news agency. A U.S. official, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive information, said the United States had “no reason to doubt” the claim.
    Ukraine swiftly denied any responsibility for the attack. “Ukraine definitely has nothing to do with these events,” said Mykhailo Podolyak, an adviser to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.
    Recent intelligence reporting indicated the ISIS-K terrorist group, a branch of the Islamic State that has operated in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iran, was active inside Russia, two U.S. officials told The Washington Post. The U.S. Embassy in Moscow said March 7 that it was “monitoring reports that extremists have imminent plans to target large gatherings” in the Russian capital, including concerts, and urged U.S. citizens to avoid them.
    Crocus City Hall is adjacent to a large shopping mall and was the site of the 2013 Miss Universe pageant attended by Donald Trump — a visit to Moscow that factored into the controversial “Steele dossier,” a collection of largely unverified reports that claimed the Russian government had compromising information about the future president.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

This video came up on my feed (Thanks to watching another video of hers posted here I'm sure), and while it torpedoes my own amateur legal theories regarding LoTT being a terrorist it is very informative with analysis from an actual lawyer:

Another billionaire bigot rears his head. Good lord, they already "have more money than God" and they still want to whine. Morons:
    https://tinyurl.com/y97um2et

The billionaire activist investor waging war against Disney has hit out at the media giant over its use of all-black and all-female casts.

Nelson Peltz, who owns a stake in Disney worth roughly $3.5bn (£2.8bn), sided with accusations that the Hollywood behemoth has become too woke.

He said: “People go to watch a movie or a show to be entertained. They don’t go to get a message.”

Mr Peltz, whose daughter Nicola is married to Brooklyn Beckham, took issue with recent blockbusters The Marvels and Black Panther, which portray female and black superheroes respectively.

In an interview with the Financial Times, the tycoon said: “Why do I have to have a Marvel that’s all women? Not that I have anything against women, but why do I have to do that?
    “Why can’t I have Marvels that are both? Why do I need an all-black cast?”

Disney’s recent push into more diverse casting marks efforts by the US company to balance its output after decades of films starring mostly white and male characters and actors.

It has also updated some of its classic fairytales, including Cinderella and Snow White, for the modern era.

But the moves have fuelled criticism that Disney is focusing on political activism at the expense of its audiences.

After years of delivering blockbusters, Disney’s film studios, which include Marvel, Pixar and Lucasfilm, have suffered a string of disappointing box office openings.

The Marvels recorded the worst box office debut in the history of the franchise when it was released late last year.

Mr Peltz has cited this lacklustre performance as one of the driving forces behind his activist campaign. He has also raised concerns about huge pay packets for executives and poor succession planning.

The investor, who owns shares in Disney through his vehicle Trian Fund Management, is campaigning for board seats for himself and former Disney finance chief, Jay Rasulo.

In a major boost to his campaign, Mr Peltz this week won the backing of influential advisory group Institutional Shareholder Services, which recommended that investors should vote to add the billionaire to Disney’s board.

Despite his repeated criticisms of Disney’s management, Mr Peltz insisted he was not trying to oust chief executive Bob Iger.

He said: “Disney is stupid because I’m not trying to fire Bob Iger, I want to help him. We don’t fire CEOs.”

Mr Peltz took aim at the social justice campaigns waged at consumer goods giant Unilever, where he has also agitated for change as a board member.

The activist has repeatedly clashed with the company over ice cream brand Ben & Jerry’s, which attempted to boycott sales in Israel and more recently called for a ceasefire in Gaza.

Mr Peltz said: “You’ve got to get these politics out of the boardroom. Ben & Jerry’s job is to sell ice cream, not to make political statements. And these people use anything for a soap box that they have no right to do.”

Unilever announced this week it would spin off its ice cream division, which includes Ben & Jerry’s.

Disney has been approached for comment.

Imagine being a billionaire and caring about Disney movies. I could never.

I suspect that when you are that wealthy your life gets very boring after a while. Being that bored can lower your IQ.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    Exactly.

If I had that sort of money, I'd spend so much time trying to help and uplift people. I'd be a real life Bafman without the outfit..lol.

I wouldn't worry about children's movies and what weirdos type on the internet,

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Another billionaire bigot rears his head. Good lord, they already "have more money than God" and they still want to whine. Morons:
    https://tinyurl.com/y97um2et
    This guy has been working with Ike Perlmutter for a while, a notorious racist himself.

If these guys were making decisions, we would never have gotten movies like Black Panther at all.

Ultimate Member

Correction- ONLY caring about POC and female lead movies no matter if they make money or not.

While IGNORING all the straight white male lead Disney related movies that have bombed or needed overseas market to barely break even.

Along with ignoring how many of those POC and women lead movies have dominated the streaming venue.

I noticed he doesn't seem to have an issue with faith based movies and biographical movies that SEND MESSAGES.

Peltz is trying to force his way onto the Board of Disney. He's using this issue to try and drum up support from other shareholders. From what I've read, it's a real long shot as some of the bigger investors are firmly on the side of Iger (see George Lucas's recent comments).

As for his comments themselves- he talks about not wanting movies to make statements, and the first film I thought of was Schindler's List. I guess if Peltz has his way, we would never get movies like that. Or movies like The Big Short, Argo, Apocalypse Now, All The President's Men... hell, even Godzilla had a clear message.

Also, as it's been said, he working with Ike Perlmutter, the genius that gave us that god-awful Inhumans show. Not someone I'd want in charge of the creative direction of the company.