Page 116 of 355 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 5318

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Dracula View Post
    The turmoil and lack of clear leadership among the conservative lawmakers harms the Democrats as well. There is no path to progress when the people they negotiate with can’t guarantee their agreements will actually be honored. When McCarthy agreed to giving anyone the ability to remove him as Speaker he also gave them the ability to scuttle whatever agreements had been reached and waste months of negotiations on a whim.
    Now, with the latest border policy clusterf**k we see that McConnell no longer has as much sway in the Senate, so who can the Democrats work with there?
    Nothing can get done and the GOP propaganda machine can create more dissatisfaction and frustration with the voters. People with that mindset are desperate for change and willing to vote for a populist who promises to “drain the swamp” and fix all the problems.
    This is true. I have posted before, but there is a group of voters who ask "Why doesn't Congress...? without ever realizing which Party is stopping things from happening. They see a Democratic President and figure it is the Democrats fault. They do not take the time to look at what is really going on. Then they are surprised when abortion in outlawed in their State. And ask how Biden allowed it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    As one armchair political strategist to another. So rather than counter the false narrative the Media and hacks like Hur have tried to paint Biden with, you want to capitulate and at this stage, send the Party into a feeding frenzy to give Trump and the GOP the upper hand.
    No, I want to win. It's been said by too many people, too many times, that Biden is too old. It's a narrative that's hard to combat with someone as carefully walking, low talking and slow moving as Biden. You can put him all the Ray Ban sunglasses and red sports cars you want, his public appearances tell the whole story. There's a convention and the debates (that trump won't duck this time) to get through, meaning there's ample opportunity for Biden to make more gaffs, like he's prone to do.

I'm cringing at that notion and then thinking of Newsom, who has none of those shortcomings and a lot of political advantages.

Put him next to trump and visually it will be like George Clooney standing next to an orange Broderick Crawford (that's a Sopranos reference). Let him respectfully run on completing Biden's policies, he'll defeat trump in the debates, smile at the camera reassuringly and independent women across the country will vote him into office.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    No, I want to win. It's been said by too many people, too many times, that Biden is too old. It's a narrative that's hard to combat with someone as carefully walking, low talking and slow moving as Biden. You can put him all the Ray Ban sunglasses and red sports cars you want, his public appearances tell the whole story. There's a convention and the debates (that trump won't duck this time) to get through, meaning there's ample opportunity for Biden to make more gaffs, like he's prone to do.

I'm cringing at that notion and then thinking of Newsom, who has none of those shortcomings and a lot of political advantages.

Put him next to trump and visually it will be like George Clooney standing next to an orange Broderick Crawford (that's a Sopranos reference). Let him respectfully run on completing Biden's policies, he'll defeat trump in the debates, smile at the camera reassuringly and independent women across the country will vote him into office.
    Very hard to combat, as long as good Dems like you continue the GOP narrative.

If Biden is so unpopular among the Democrats compared to Trump with the GOP, then why did he get a bigger percent of the party vote in New Hampshire than Trump did the GOP. Even though He Wasn't On The Ballot! Why did he get 96% of the vote in S Carolina?
    Last edited by Kirby101; 02-10-2024 at 12:43 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

The Hungarian president, Katalin Novak, resigned in disgrace over the pardoning scandal I wrote about yesterday or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post

Has Newsom ever hinted he wants to run for president? Has he said that if it wasn’t for Biden he’d run?
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Astonishing Member

Kamala Harris had strong energy early in the Biden admin but now she's hardly seen. She would have been a better person for the Dems to push than Biden.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Newsom could be like DeSantis on a national stage and we saw how DeSantis tried to take how he was running Florida to a national audience. Even if Trump wasn't running , a lot of Republicans didn't seem to favor that type of leadership. No matter how badly Meatball Ron tried to paint what he was doing as "combating woke".

Newsom has a lot of opposition on how California is run and how it would play on a national stage with Democrats now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Very hard to combat, as long as good Dems like you continue the GOP narrative.

If Biden is so unpopular among the Democrats compared to Trump with the GOP, then why did he get a bigger percent of the party vote in New Hampshire than Trump did the GOP. Even though He Wasn't On The Ballot! Why did he get 96% of the vote in S Carolina?
    You have to take off your partisan glasses and look at things clearly. They have the fire in the belly that comes from righteous indignation, as well as the media on their side. You can't beat passion with statistics, especially when you ignore the problems within your own party.

Dems have responded to the negative polling with "there's still time, we're a year away from the election" well now we're 9 months away and things are worse than ever before, so what are we going to do about it?

Hope and faith aren't viable options at this point.

BANNED

You mean popularity determines what candidate goes trough in a Democratic National Convention? Like Truman 80 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by comictimes View Post
    You mean popularity determines what candidate goes trough in a Democratic National Convention? Like Truman 80 years ago?
    80 years ago it was still often party bosses who determined things as opposed to party rank and file (or even unaffiliated voters in some states). I think Truman only had to deal with 17 primaries out of the existing 48 states. The other 31 were still using caucuses and the "bigwigs decide" system for nomination.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member

I'll be voting again for Biden. It really is a shame the media is hell-bent on creating a false narrative of him because he's not the ratings magnet like Trump.

Once reelected, Biden needs to drop Merrick Garland with a quickness. So much chaos exists in America due that chump's lack of agency. We should have criminal convictions on Trump by. In addition, traitors in congress should be facing legal peril at this time.

Inside Biden’s five-hour face-off with the special counsel

President Biden had just spoken with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu the morning of Oct. 8, agonizing over how to rescue hostages taken by Hamas in its bloody attack the previous day, pledging American assistance, and weighing a volatile situation that threatened to spiral out of control in the Middle East.

Shortly after they hung up, the president’s personal attorney, Bob Bauer, and White House counsel Ed Siskel arrived at the White House. The group walked down one flight of stairs to the Map Room, where Biden was to be interviewed by special counsel Robert Hur, who for nine months had been investigating Biden’s handling of classified documents.

Those five hours and 10 minutes of interviews, unfolding over two days, would turn out to be momentous. But at the time, few foresaw how they would blow up four months later — not because of their content, but because Hur would repeatedly deride Biden’s memory during their time together. In a long-awaited report issued this week, Hur declined to prosecute Biden over his handling of classified documents but cast doubt on his memory, threatening to upend Biden’s pursuit of reelection by dwelling on perhaps his biggest political liability.
    In the view of Biden’s team, the interviews proceeded in a routine, even dry, manner, as prosecutors asked Biden where he bought a particular file cabinet and how certain boxes were packed.

Biden himself was focused at the time on more immediate and world-shaking matters, having just made a round of phone calls to U.S. allies that would affect the roiling situation in the Middle East.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I’ll be voting for Biden, too. Until then, I’m pretty checked out. It’s ridiculous at this point. I’m so over people acting like they have to be sold on voting or voting for him. They can’t shift blame and deny personal responsibility this time, like they did with Hillary. This time, everyone knows exactly who Trump is and what he will do. I’m tired of non-voters and third party voters acting like they’re not the problem and their lack of any political intelligence is someone else’s fault.

When people talk negatively about how Trump’s voters are less educated, I laugh, because at least they’re smart enough to know to vote for what they want.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    The GOP are pushing a candidate that their voters are excited about. The Dems aren't doing that.
    Voters are only excited about Trump because he gave them free rein to hate minorities, immigrants and gays. A pretty low bar if you ask me.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by comictimes View Post
    The votes they get in the primaries determine who is the candidate.