Page 369 of 369 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369
Results 5,521 to 5,534 of 5534

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    The judge literally said today "I am doing my damndest to avoid that because I know you think you want this, but if you continue to be a menace, I will throw your orange ass in jail."

(or words to that effect)
    Clearly then he didn't say that literally.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Clearly then he didn't say that literally.
    Yes that is what he literally was saying. If he was saying it figuratively, he would have not meant that he will actually throw him in jail, but jail is a metaphor. It's not, he meant actual jail.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yes that is what he literally was saying. If he was saying it figuratively, he would have not meant that he will actually throw him in jail, but jail is a metaphor. It's not, he meant actual jail.
    I was referring to what Captain Europe wrote including the "orange ass in jail" before adding "(or words to that effect)". The judge didn't say "orange ass in jail" or the Internet would've already broken.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I was referring to what Captain Europe wrote including the "orange ass in jail" before adding "(or words to that effect)". The judge didn't say "orange ass in jail" or the Internet would've already broken.
    "Going forward, this court will have to consider a jail sanction if it is recommended," is pretty much the legal equivalent of saying that.

I get your point that it's not literally that, but the original comment was by someone for whom English is not a first language, who also used the qualifier "or words to that effect" so some slack is merited.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; Yesterday at 04:31 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    TBH My money is on Netanyahu and/or his people in government. I can't see them accepting a cease fire when the temptation to take action is staring them in the face.
    I think you’re right… Israeli airstrikes on Rafah begin despite mounting ceasefire pressure.

There were celebrations in the streets in the evening after Hamas announced it had accepted a ceasefire, but then disappointment and bewilderment when Israel gave a tepid response and began bombing.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    "Going forward, this court will have to consider a jail sanction if it is recommended," is pretty much the legal equivalent of saying that.

I get your point that it's not literally that, but the original comment was by someone for whom English is not a first language, who also used the qualifier "or words to that effect" so some slack is merited.
    I'm fully aware what the word means, thank you very much. I went with number 2 from Merriam-Webster.

Ultimate Member

Ultimate Member

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Trump says he’d be willing to go to jail over gag order violations

Like that old saying goes: Be careful what you wish for, you might get it. Trump wouldn't last thirty minutes in a holding cell before devolving into a sobbing mess, imagine what would happen if he were hauled off to Rikers.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

Like that old saying goes: Be careful what you wish for, you might get it. Trump wouldn't last thirty minutes in a holding cell before devolving into a sobbing mess, imagine what would happen if he were hauled off to Rikers.
    Don't worry, he'll get someone with Bone spurs to do his time.
    Hail Hydra!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

There are other possible options, like community service or post-trial sentencing.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    There are other possible options, like community service or post-trial sentencing.
    But what kind of community service could Trump do? He is too frail to pick up trash in Central Park.

I really dont think Trump is scared to go to jail. I mean it is not like he would be in Gen Pop with the drug dealers and gang members. he would be put off by himself and treated with kid gloves. It would not be a normal jail experience. he would have it pretty chill in jail. So no I dont think he is that worried about it. And he would not be there long any way. its not like he would be in there 4 or 5 days.

And he knows that going to jail would fire up his base and make him look like a martyr of the evil left and their witch hunt. I think he is hoping for a few hours in jail.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    But what kind of community service could Trump do? He is too frail to pick up trash in Central Park.
    I also doubt that he’d be well qualified to go round schools giving advice to the kids how to be good citizens.