Page 282 of 347 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282283284285286292332 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 5196
    Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Daaaaaamn.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    New York had zero earthquakes when Trump was President. Explain that.
    The Mole Man didn't have reason to attack the Baxter Building when Trump owned it.

Wow, so that is what it was. I felt the floor shake but I didn't realize that it was an earthquake. That's only my second earthquake ever.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Wow, so that is what it was. I felt the floor shake but I didn't realize that it was an earthquake. That's only my second earthquake ever.
    4.8 in Lebanon, NJ.

4.8 in Lebanon, NJ.
    Very cool, as long as no one was hurt and there was no major damage. Anything under 5 is light and not as likely to cause damage, its like a large trucks driving quickly on a side road. Rumbles but that's about it.

Got an alert about it on my phone a few minutes ago.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post

No Labels was clearly meant to be a spoiler, and trying to get spoilers in to fool less educated voters isn't going away any time soon.
    I think they were more wanna-be opportunists than actual spoilers. I think it was last year I saw one of their representatives talking to a reporter and the reporter kept trying to get him to state exactly what the party was running on. The guy could only talk in generalities like "Bi-partisanship" and "common sense solutions". Ultimately the reporter said something like, "Look if you want people to take you seriously, you're going to have to start talking about real policies..."

Getting people who aren't professional into positions where they seem like authorities is the SOP of the GoP.
    Unfortunately all it takes is being on camera on a regular basis or having a strong social media presence. Somehow Candace Owens of all people testified in front Congress a few years ago about White Supremacy ( of course she said it wasn't a real issue for black americans ).

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Felt it in Northeast Philly where I work. Crazy stuff, and nothing I ever want to experience again!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Felt it in Northeast Philly where I work. Crazy stuff, and nothing I ever want to experience again!
    Earthquakes are not unheard of in the NE, though usually low level. There are fault lines throughout the area, with the Ramapo fault being the largest. But none of these are as active as the ones on the west coast. Not sure which fault line today's quake came from yet..(edit)..it was probably the Ramapo fault.
    Last edited by Tami; 04-05-2024 at 08:52 AM.

I've seen this on Tumblr, so not sure how effective it is, but worth a try I guess:

https://www.callcongress.us/ukraine/

The discharge petition to bring aid for Ukraine to a vote still needs several votes. This tool makes it easy to see who still needs to vote on it and how you can contact them.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

She's not happy about it and her filing shows it. More so, she left some legal trap doors in her ruling, specifically, the issue that got her into trouble now is only gone up until the start of the trial. she left open the door for her to bring it back during trial, which is worse. Jack Smith had better have some wizard blood in him since avoiding her traps is gonna take a few legal magic tricks of his own.

If this wasn't real world fact it could make for some wild fiction.
    She's been in it for Trump ever since she interfered to slow down the FBI evaluating the evidence, I'm surprised she hasn't been called on it yet and forced to recuse herself.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post

Daaaaaamn.
    Not everyone is doing well on the Stock Market, so the Economy is in a shambles and it's Biden's fault. /sarcasm

The Mole Man didn't have reason to attack the Baxter Building when Trump owned it.
    Earthquakes are not unheard of in the NE, though usually low level. There are fault lines throughout the area, with the Ramapo fault being the largest. But none of these are as active as the ones on the west coast. Not sure which fault line today's quake came from yet.
    Negative emotion can be a powerful thing (There's alot of hate being focused on NY right now), but so can side effects of fracking or quirks of this old planet's internal structures. I just hope the harm was minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I think they were more wanna-be opportunists than actual spoilers. I think it was last year I saw one of their representatives talking to a reporter and the reporter kept trying to get him to state exactly what the party was running on. The guy could only talk in generalities like "Bi-partisanship" and "common sense solutions". Ultimately the reporter said something like, "Look if you want people to take you seriously, you're going to have to start talking about real policies..."

Unfortunately all it takes is being on camera on a regular basis or having a strong social media presence. Somehow Candace Owens of all people testified in front Congress a few years ago about White Supremacy ( of course she said it wasn't a real issue for black americans ).
    Whether No Labels were genuine about trying to run from the center or they were taking advantage of what they thought was a more common sentiment, they were backed by some folks who just wanted them to siphon votes away from the Dems.

And LoTT now gets to ban books officially while engaging in terrorism, even if I know she can't be tried for it yet. The GoP are celebrating their peddlers of misinformation from on high and down low.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    I've seen this on Tumblr, so not sure how effective it is, but worth a try I guess:

https://www.callcongress.us/ukraine/
    It would be less than worthless for me to call a FL politician about this, but I encourage others to give their congresspeople a call and surprise them if nothing else.

Correction, the epicenter was actually 5 miles northwest of Trump's Bedminster golf course. Make of that what you will.
    Last edited by Tami; 04-05-2024 at 09:06 AM.

I hear you. I had never experienced this before, and even though it was just a few seconds long-- it was scary.

Oh, and the epicenter of the quake was about 7 miles south-west of Bedminster where Trump has his golf course. Make of that what you will.
    Ivana trying to break out of her box?

Jesus. I just got an alert on my phone.

That's a bang-up system. Right on the ball.

Daaaaaamn.
    Cue the sad trombone.
    Watching television is not an activity.