Page 52 of 353 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The large number of undecided folks (across all demos) is likely why Trump is leading Biden in the polls.

This is a big problem for Biden because this could be a 2016 all over again.

It could all change before November but there's work to do for Biden and his team.
    One thing about that...

Trump is far better at running "Offense..." against your record than he is running "Defense..." when it comes to his own record.

That feels like the main issue, to me.

No pandemic fumble to hit Trump over the head with this time out, but Trump is in a position to hit Biden over the head with getting the economy pulled back off of the shoulder.

Even if each one of those was just about a "Once In A Lifetime..." situation.

Ultimate Member

That's her name- Nimarata Nikki Haley.

(I edited the original post to spell Nimarata correctly).
    I remember When Trump would say Obama's full name, trying to invoke islamophobia.

Not that I overly care for Haley, but it seems no less ass-hatty not to call her what she prefers to be called

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I remember When Trump would say Obama's full name, trying to invoke islamophobia.

Not that I overly care for Haley, but it seems no less ass-hatty not to call her what she prefers to be called
    You are right.

I called her by her first name because she's downplayed racism in the US while using her middle name because she knows majority of conservatives will never vote for someone named Nimarata.

Its the hypocrisy in her stance on racism that I have a problem with. Barrack Obama could have gone with Barry but he went with Barrack because the other side is generally more accepting.
    Last edited by Username taken; 01-16-2024 at 06:26 PM.

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Wisconsin's powerful Republican Assembly leader said Tuesday that he hopes the liberal-controlled state Supreme Court adopts new constitutional legislative boundary maps, even as he slammed proposals from Democrats as “a political gerrymander” and threatened an appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court.

The court tossed Republican-drawn maps, long considered among the country's most favorable to the GOP, and ordered new maps that do not favor one party over another. It said if the Legislature doesn't adopt maps, the court will.

Assembly Speaker Robin Vos said Republicans have approached Democrats about passing new maps in the Legislature, but “we have not gotten a warm reception to that idea.”
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/wisconsin...201311315.html

This is, in fact, very funny.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/insi...121338601.html

Between 1997 and 2013, an estimated 1,400 female inmates were forcibly sterilised, despite the practice being outlawed since 1979. The Californian government disputes this, saying the figure is nearly three times smaller.

These inmates, largely Black, Indigenous or Latino, were taken to external medical facilities for routine procedures – cyst removals, hernia repairs, or abdominal investigations – but operating doctors ventured beyond their remit, carrying out sterilisation procedures.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Why do you call her Nimrata?
    Her real name is Nimrata Randhawa. Haley is her husband’s name. The hopeless cynic in me suspects she prefers going by Nikki Haley out of fear that she’d never be fully accepted by intolerant Republicans if she went by her birthname, just like Hanan Qahwaji goes by Brigitte Gabriel.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Her real name is Nimrata Randhawa. Haley is her husband’s name. The hopeless cynic in me suspects she prefers going by Nikki Haley out of fear that she’d never be fully accepted by intolerant Republicans if she went by her birthname, just like Hanan Qahwaji goes by Brigitte Gabriel.
    Exactly this.

It's possible that she may have been called Nimrod when she was a child and started calling herself Nikki instead.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

People in public life can choose what to be called. It's certainly not unusual for a woman to go by her husband's last name.

Trump just called her Nimrada.

https://twitter.com/DrewSav/status/1747433144561656166

I agree that it's not a good look to use someone's birthname against them.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Huh, so now deadnaming is an issue, funny.

Astonishing Member

The large number of undecided folks (across all demos) is likely why Trump is leading Biden in the polls.

This is a big problem for Biden because this could be a 2016 all over again.

It could all change before November but there's work to do for Biden and his team.
    What gets me about all the student loan anger is they just say they are mad and feel conned. But why didn't it happen? Ffs it's the Supreme Court nominees that Trump added last time yet again. All the GOP that hate and never would allow it.
    Reality is Biden has really tried many many ways ti forgive as much as he can.

Then they talk about codifying Roe and doing more there. What party is holding that up?

It goes back to the whole OK I just won't vote. Well if people keep letting the GOP have power. Then everything that they claim they want to happen gets further away.
    Proactively I think Dems need to message better on this. Fight for why the loan forgiveness didn't happen. Fight for the reason why you need more democrats to codify roe or same sex marriage from being overturned.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    What gets me about all the student loan anger is they just say they are mad and feel conned. But why didn't it happen? Ffs it's the Supreme Court nominees that Trump added last time yet again. All the GOP that hate and never would allow it.
    Reality is Biden has really tried many many ways ti forgive as much as he can.

Then they talk about codifying Roe and doing more there. What party is holding that up?

It goes back to the whole OK I just won't vote. Well if people keep letting the GOP have power. Then everything that they claim they want to happen gets further away.
    Proactively I think Dems need to message better on this. Fight for why the loan forgiveness didn't happen. Fight for the n as aging in why you need more democrats to codify roe or same sex marriage from being overturned.
    Exactly.

A lot of what the "I'm not sure" folks are complaining about is circular.

It's like, they hate the fact that Student Loan forgiveness didn't pan out but are willing to allow the person that appointed the judges that screwed them up to come back by not voting

As you rightly pointed out, a lot of this comes down to messaging. Biden's team has done a poor job at messaging. It seemed they were hesitant to really go on a persistent offensive on some of these issues and a lot of stuff has gotten muddled in the public eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Huh, so now deadnaming is an issue, funny.
    Funny how that works.

Incredible Member

People think it's his fault they don't have student loans forgiven because Biden won't attack the Court. He should have been doing that this whole ****ing time.

My mom did have all her student loans forgiven though and now Biden is her favorite president.

But that preference is born out of cowardice. We should point that out. On the daily.
    Watching television is not an activity.