Page 207 of 354 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 5303

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Fair point if we're talking about fentanyl and what not...considering the meth and prescription opiates don't come over the southern border. But still, it was good for Biden to make the point he did..."We gave you most of what you asked for and you voted against it."
    Sure...

It's just hard to look past that no one is smuggling drugs across the border because they will be taking a loss on them once they wind up being sold.

If you won't be straight with yourself about that America's appetite for illegal drugs is what's driving drugs coming across the border(never mind everything that does to destabilize everything South of Texas...), you are only really talking about half of the problem.

Invincible Member

Biden wasn't bad tonite, but we've got like 8 months to go and a lot can happen between now and then. He's got to do more of this to turn the narrative around.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Sure...

It's just hard to look past that no one is smuggling drugs across the border because they will be taking a loss on them once they wind up being sold.

If you won't be straight with yourself about that America's appetite for illegal drugs is what's driving drugs coming across the border(never mind everything that does to destabilize everything South of Texas...), you are only really talking about half of the problem.
    In general I don't disagree with what you said when it comes to drug addiction in America. But I think he mentioned fentanyl cuz it's the scary drug du jour, but I think his main point was about the border crisis. If I were to criticize him on that, I think he could have said something about not just tightening security there, but maybe also giving more support to sanctuary cities or something...but suggesting that we give more money there might be too much of a political hot potato. Heck, the attempt at compromising with the GOP on the issue seems to be as much about strategy as actually dealing with the problem.

Incredible Member

I couldn't watch the SOTU because I was at work but everyone is saying Biden was very feisty

Invincible Member

Republican Katie Britt laying it on thick with the response...

Astonishing Member

I have seen so many comments "shocked" that he was pretty good. Even the mainstream media play into the narrative that hes basically a walking vegetable. Even though Trump has literally never had a non rambling, non narcissistic speech that made sense. Yet he gets a pass

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I have seen so many comments "shocked" that he was pretty good. Even the mainstream media play into the narrative that hes basically a walking vegetable. Even though Trump has literally never had a non rambling, non narcissistic speech that made sense. Yet he gets a pass
    This has been going on for years. He's constantly underestimated and the media puts the bar so low that everyone's shocked when he clears it.

In general I don't disagree with what you said when it comes to drug addiction in America. But I think he mentioned fentanyl cuz it's the scary drug du jour, but I think his main point was about the border crisis. If I were to criticize him on that, I think he could have said something about not just tightening security there, but maybe also giving more support to sanctuary cities or something...but suggesting that we give more money there might be too much of a political hot potato. Heck, the attempt at compromising with the GOP on the issue seems to be as much about strategy as actually dealing with the problem.
    Which is the problem...

If you are not going to level with folks about that one of the most likely reasons that folks are coming to the border is that America's drug use creating a market that destabilizes the countries that everyone South of Texas living?

You are not even serious about actually discussing the problem. Much less actually solving it.

Invincible Member

Ah! Katie actually said that "The Left" defunded the police! Where?! And she's blaming Biden for Afghanistan, does she know who cut the withdrawal deal?

Republican Katie Britt laying it on thick with the response...
    I'm just glad that this woman has been in the back seat until tonight...

She is just about on the outskirts of appearing reasonable.

Invincible Member

Oh no! Kaite is repeating the we got knocked down, but got back up again trope!

Oh no! Kaite is repeating the we got knocked down, but got back up again trope!
    Everybody loves that tune.

Even Libertarians.

Invincible Member

Everybody loves that tune.

Even Libertarians.

Invincible Member

Which is the problem...

If you are not going to level with folks about that one of the most likely reasons that folks are coming to the border is that America's drug use creating a market that destabilizes the countries that everyone South of Texas living?

You are not even serious about actually discussing the problem. Much less actually solving it.
    Sure. But, it's not just drugs and cartels, I say it's also decades of military and corporate interference.

Invincible Member

The person who got thrown out said "Remember Abby Gate!" Which was scene of a terrorist attack during the withdrawal from Afghanistan.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other...ck/ar-BB1jwLAv