Page 225 of 355 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275325 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 5318

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I was driving behind someone the other day who had a sticker in their rear window that said "God is Pro-Life". I wanted to ask that driver "Do you know how many millions of people are killed every year due to natural disasters? Or how about Noah? Or Sodom and Gomorrah? You still think God is pro-life?"
    Exactly. God may be ‘anti-abortion’ in the estimation of some, but the God of the Old Testament is ANYTHING but ‘pro-life’…at least, not any life that’s not directly connected to (or beneficial to) the central characters, anyhow. (And often, not them, either…)
    Last edited by zinderel; 03-14-2024 at 02:41 PM.

Invincible Member

Meanwhile, Chuck Schumer has directly criticized Netanyahu and his far-right government and called for new elections in Israel

This is my favorite part:

McConnell says without any hint of irony. Like the US hasn't made it a habit of removing democratically-elected governments in the past if they didn't fit with our vision of the region.
    One clip I saw where I was disappointed with Schumer was where he said that the media doesn't report that Hama is using human shields. Both online and in legacy media, this is constantly brought up.

Invincible Member

Don Lemon was supposed to have a new show coming out on X/Twitter. For the first show he interviewed Elon Musk. Musk didn't like teh questions asked so now the show has been cancelled before it's been aired.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...99e67ae5&ei=20

Mr "Free Speech Absolutist", everybody....

I was driving behind someone the other day who had a sticker in their rear window that said "God is Pro-Life". I wanted to ask that driver "Do you know how many millions of people are killed every year due to natural disasters? Or how about Noah? Or Sodom and Gomorrah? You still think God is pro-life?"
    Or killed in wars based in religious hatred. George Carlin had a great line in one of his stand up specials where he said if you read history, you realize that god is one of the leading causes of death.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Republicans are gross.

Three Republican Alabama officials are expressing concern that a transgender person is employed at Space Camp, an educational program for children held at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville.

One of the lawmakers is calling for the employee to be removed and for the center to “open a safety review to consider the potential harm and damages they have inadvertently caused children.”

The backlash began Saturday after Clay Yarbrough, a father who lives just outside of Huntsville in the small town of Owens Cross Roads, posted a screenshot of the LinkedIn profile and social media photos of a crew trainer at Space Camp on Facebook. Yarbrough said he had planned to send his daughter to Space Camp the following week, “but we have just found out that this freak is a team lead and a hall monitor in the girls dorms and at times could be allowed to be alone in the halls at night.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Republicans are gross.
    Once again, a far right, cishet, ‘christian’ conservative is using ‘WON’T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!?!?!?!’ as a rallying cry and excuse to spread hatred, ignorance, and fear about a marginalized group.

Typical.

Clay Yarbrough is a piece of ****. I hope someone digs up the skeletons he inevitably has in his closet and exposes them.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Exactly. God may be ‘anti-abortion’ in the estimation of some, but the God of the Old Testament is ANYTHING but ‘pro-life’…at least, not any life that’s not directly connected to (or beneficial to) the central characters, anyhow. (And often, not them, either…)
    From what I remember, Old Testament rules are that the soul enters the body with the first breath - so life, under that tradition, doesn't start until birth. I could be confusing what little I know of Jewish tradition with the Old Testament though, they are similar but not the same.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

So there is an "election" going on in Russia.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

The family of Nex Benedict released information left out of the Oklahoma Medical Examiner's report: multiple contusions, multiple hemorrhages, multiple lacerations, and multiple abrasions were found on his head, revealing "the severity of the assault" before he died.
    https://twitter.com/AriDrennen/statu...84432946811288

Just sayin' that even if it was a suicide, he was still murdered by the transphobia.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    So there is an "election" going on in Russia.
    Just read that the opposition is planning to hold off voting until noon at the final day of voting, Sunday. As a silent protest. And the Moscow DA is threatening to lock people up for 5 years if they do that.5 years for voting.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I was reading about the Trump family taking over the RNC. With Donald placing another person who shouldn't have a job over a position with his daughter Lara in charge.

So... we all kinda know he's gonna f-ck the rest of those candidates and try to take all the money right ? I mean we all know you don't fire 60 people and place a family member in charge if the plans aren't to literally take what you want.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I was reading about the Trump family taking over the RNC. With Donald placing another person who shouldn't have a job over a position with his daughter Lara in charge.

So... we all kinda know he's gonna f-ck the rest of those candidates and try to take all the money right ? I mean we all know you don't fire 60 people and place a family member in charge if the plans aren't to literally take what you want.
    I've probably already mentioned this, but, yeah, Qpublicans in down ballot races are about to find out what "trickle down economics" REALLY means, because they're gonna wind up screwed after Lara funnels QNC money straight to daddy, either to pay his ever mounting legal costs, or just to line his pockets.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

How fast do you think that the Trump's can bankrupt the RNC? Can they do it before the November election? Cause, yeah, if Trump decides he doesn't stand a chance of being elected he and his family might take the money and run.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    How fast do you think that the Trump's can bankrupt the RNC? Can they do it before the November election? Cause, yeah, if Trump decides he doesn't stand a chance of being elected he and his family might take the money and run.
    He's gonna start funneling the money right now I'm sure. As WestPhilly brings up , were gonna see candidates in the summer at state level openly be angry at seeing few funds as Lara claims donations haven't been big etc. All while Donald gets it for his legal bills and running.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.