Page 237 of 341 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247287337 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 5113

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Nothing was “asked” of you so stop being dishonest.

You asked for evidence and then ignored it to engage in personal attacks and only addressed this once directly called out for your disingenuous behavior.

You can address the posts documenting Republican racism and bigotry directly — with documented counter-evidence rather than biased opinion — rather than continuing the blatant hypocrisy.

Regardless, don’t get upset just because you are being held accountable for your duplicitousness.
    I specifically said "If there's a specific point I made that you would like me to back up with evidence, just ask for it."

So I didn't say that I was asked for something. I'd like to be asked things before anyone makes an assumption.

You've made dozens of posts (it's probably well over a hundred posts at this point) on these threads going after me personally, with the claim that I'm being evasive because of what I haven't said. So it seems reasonable for me to suggest that if you want to talk about me personally for being evasive, you should be willing to ask a non-loaded question.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    He still hasn't truly addressed things, in fact cutting off a response mid-statement.

A relevant example of his debating in bad faith: Asking if someone has posted about a subject, and then instead of responding to a more recent post within a page of the request with more relevant information linked to the specific situation being discussed - Nex being bullied for their identity influencing their suicide . . proceeding to search for the oldest ones (When the search obviously included newer posts too) in order to serve as better attack fodder. Proof of the bad faith is the immediate response of "I'm not sure why I should comment" in a dismissive way when it's pointed out instead of replying to the information thus revealed. Additional proof is the double standard on News Sources regarding changing/updating (The Week & Daily Kos both didn't change, the one disagreed with is trash & the other is correct), highlighting it even more by defending the hypocrisy.

Instinctively lashing out when one is in the wrong is a behavior long noted in conservatives here in the US & abroad. Another stereotypical Trump behavior as well.
    If The Week got things wrong, they should update.

If they made a mistake as serious as calling what turned out to be a suicide a murder, it's certainly fair to call them out on it.

I would also be able to demonstrate that the Daily Kos piece is wrong.

This is not a left or right thing. Plenty of right-wing podcasters, twitter users, etc. claim that speculation is facts, and then it turns out to not be so. If it's anywhere near as egregious as describing what turns out to be a suicide as someone dying from their injuries after a fight, they should issue corrections, and if they don't, they shouldn't be taken seriously.

I did get distracted by the post in which I was called a liar for saying we didn't know why Nex Benedict died, at a time when speculation was mainly on physical trauma, although the medical examiner thought signs didn't point to that.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    This is interesting like economic news. Why doesn't the public "feel like" crime is going down when the stats say it is.
    Because for the last couple of years we've been seeing posts on social media showing either crowds of gangs doing smash and grabs or someone just openly shoplifting and allegedly getting away with it. Thus, "Crime is out of control!!!" And old liberal comedians are on mainstream TV claiming that democrats have made shoplifting legal...

Ultimate Member

He still hasn't truly addressed things, in fact cutting off a response mid-statement.

Instinctively lashing out when one is in the wrong is a behavior long noted in conservatives here in the US & abroad. Another stereotypical Trump behavior as well.
    He ignores anything that doesn’t fit his agenda — even when provided with direct links to evidence.

Even now he doesn’t bother posting any evidence or facts despite claiming they are most important.

Maybe the goal is to elicit an emotional response but it only comes off as irrational.

Misrepresentation is a constant issue as well — it’s not that his opinion wasn’t welcome but that he has already made it known without backing it up with any real evidence.

What is needed are new facts and counter-evidence against the numerous posts documenting Republican bigotry — not repetition of personal bias and grievance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I don't know what drove Nex Benedict to suicide. We don't even know for sure if the kid was bullied for being trans. The main thing we know for sure is that Nex Benedict did one of the dumbest things a person can do, and we should discourage others from following in their footsteps.
    No one is going after you personally — to the contrary Republicans are going after others and you are deflecting from this and criticizing those who point out your unwillingness to address said reality.

You are being provided with the evidence you requested then being called out for ignoring it.

That isn’t a personal attack — that’s objective history.

At the very least provide evidence to back up your opinion rather than trying to deflect again.

You do set a high bar that there that there is overwhelming evidence that Republican bigotry and policy contributed to the death of Nex Benedict. I don't think the evidence posted proves it.
    No “bar” was set — factual evidence was provided and you should do the same.

Address the facts and the open bigotry rather than attacking others and ignoring evidence.

Objectively speaking, why would Republican bigotry and anti-LGBT policy not be problematic?

Maybe you’d be more accepting of the evidence if Stitts wore a t-shirt instead.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-19-2024 at 06:12 PM.

@Mets. I want to respond to your Private message you sent me but it says your inbox is full.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    @Mets. I want to respond to your Private message you sent me but it says your inbox is full.
    Taken care of.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

If Nex Bendict had been able to use the bathroom of their choice -- apparently they were trans masculine and went by he/him pronouns at school according to their friends, they likely would not have been assaulted by the girls they were assaulted by. Unfortunately, a republican bill passed in 2022 restricted them to the bathroom by assigned sex at birth. If Republicans hadn't cultivated a climate of fear and hatred around trans people, suggesting they were threats to safety. If Republicans hadn't disempowered schools from seeking safe and supportive environments for LGBTQ students, didn't have prominent legislators refer to them as 'filth', and governor and legislatures engage in a full moral panic over trans people.

So, yes. Republican bigotry played a role in the death of Nex Bendict.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 03-19-2024 at 06:01 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    If Nex Bendict had been able to use the bathroom of their choice -- apparently they were trans masculine and went by he/him pronouns at school according to their friends, they likely would not have been assaulted by the girls they were assaulted by. Unfortunately, a republican bill passed in 2022 restricted them to the bathroom by assigned sex at birth. If Republicans hadn't cultivated a climate of fear and hatred around trans people, suggesting they were threats to safety. If Republicans hadn't disempowered schools from seeking safe and supportive environments for LGBTQ students, didn't have prominent legislators refer to them as 'filth', and governor and legislatures engage in a full moral panic over trans people.

That only makes sense if you are attempting to draw a logical conclusion.

When defending bigotry however you have to set the “bar” higher for no valid reason whatsoever.

Realistically it is done to protect those who are attacking “minorities” for political gain.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-19-2024 at 08:40 PM.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/wp-con...2024-03-19.mp4

Joy Reid on the group known as 'SACR', bringing a story first reported in Talking Points Memo to a national audience.

Attachment 138387

This is the Republican Party.

Attachment 138387

Link doesn't work for me
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Just leaving these here for posterity if anyone else questions if The Week lied:

in surveys by the American College Health Association, the number of students brought up as girls identifying as transgender soared from 1 in 2,000 in 2008 to 1 in 20. You're going to have different responses to those changes depending on your earlier understanding on politics and culture.
    3 Trans woman 0.2
    4 Trans man 0.3
    5 Genderqueer 0.5
    6 My identity is not listed 0.5
    7 Agender 0.3
    8 Genderfluid 0.5
    9 Non-binary 1.9
    10 Intersex 0.0
    can you tell me if they were brought up as boys/girls? Can you tell me how they were assigned at birth? Can you tell me anything other than they were anonymous students who said they were Genderfluid/etc?

As it is impossible to do so from the data provided, you know exactly how The Week inflated their numbers in order to make the transphobic lie quoted here:

Everything else is used to disguise that fact & how you refuse to admit it,
    ------
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Not at all. I find your posts well thought out and informed.

There are a couple of posters on here that get to me and I think we can guess who the main one is. I am getting upset reading some of the posts but I am letting those who are better spoken respond.
    I'm relieved to hear it. If it helps you to let it out then do so carefully, but it looks like some PM action has happened that I believe we're encouraged not to share so I shall not pry.

He ignores anything that doesn’t fit his agenda — even when provided with direct links to evidence.

Even now he doesn’t bother posting any evidence or facts despite claiming they are most important.

Maybe the goal is to elicit an emotional response but it only comes off as irrational.

Misrepresentation is a constant issue as well — it’s not that his opinion wasn’t welcome but that he has already made it known without backing it up with any real evidence.

What is needed are new facts and counter-evidence against the numerous posts documenting Republican bigotry — not repetition of personal bias and grievance.
    I find it noteworthy that he's basically requiring us to throw out all reports of the bullying Nex suffered in order to inject false ambiguity into the situation aka "We don't know why Nex was bullied for sure." Whether that was the only thing Nex was bullied for, any doubt that they were bullied for their identity has to be manufactured at this point.

That only makes sense if you are attempting to draw a logical conclusion.

When defending bigotry however you have to set the “bar” higher for no valid reason whatsoever.

Realistically it’s done is to protect those who are attacking “minorities” for political gain
    Being sure of one's assessment of a situation based on evidence (Both specific to this school/district/state, and generalized GoP anti-Trans bigotry) isn't overconfidence. When it is clear that someone is trying to erode another's confidence in their own judgement, there are strong words which can be used to describe such behavior.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/wp-con...2024-03-19.mp4

Joy Reid on the group known as 'SACR', bringing a story first reported in Talking Points Memo to a national audience.
    It's easy to ignore the threats so many of these organizations are showing if you have blinders up.

Attachment 138387

Your attachment is broke.
    Last edited by Dalak; 03-19-2024 at 08:22 PM.

Not sure why it's not displaying. Clicking on it works for me.

Attachment 138387

Doesn't work for me either, but the fact that it doesn't work and goes nowhere (apparently except for a select few) actually IS a perfect metaphor for them, so I'll let it pass.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Ultimate Member

I find it noteworthy that he's basically requiring us to throw out all reports of the bullying Nex suffered in order to inject false ambiguity into the situation aka "We don't know why Nex was bullied for sure." Whether that was the only thing Nex was bullied for, any doubt that they were bullied for their identity has to be manufactured at this point.
    Likewise there is no concern shown nor counter evidence presented regarding actual anti-LGBT policy and Republican bigotry — just a need to be “right” while simultaneously providing no real substantial or objective proof to back his opinion.

Analysis of said behavior is treated as an attack because it directly addresses the hypocrisy of repeatedly asking for objective facts and evidence only to ignore or dismiss them while providing few to none in return — however, all such evidence needs to be closely examined to address Republican bigotry objectively.

An individual who wants arrive at the correct solution would not deflect from valid evidence.

The real problem isn’t the lack of “specificity” — it’s that bigotry permeates the entire party.

The sheer volume of evidence presented reflects this reality even if he won’t address it directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Doesn't work for me either, but the fact that it doesn't work and goes nowhere (apparently except for a select few) actually IS a perfect metaphor for them, so I'll let it pass.

They may be learning how to pass a budget again without shutting the government down.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-19-2024 at 09:39 PM.

alabamarep.jpg

Let's see if this works.

Feels like a replay of the lavender scare, really.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 03-19-2024 at 09:45 PM.