Page 149 of 355 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199249 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 5320
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    But Tucker and Republicans are telling me this is a just reason for Putin. How could they be wrong ?

The Republican Party has been compromised by Russia for years — Trump simply made it official.

LOL, we had a hilarious case like that last year: a man who was a huge admirer of Putler and russian culture tried to move to russia because of his dislike of western LGBT+ propaganda and because we apparently don't appreciate classical music as they do. He actually swam there instead of trying to immigrate legally and was immediately apprehended and put to prison. After his experience of how russian prisons look like from the inside and his disappointment that nobody there was impressed by his music either, he changed his mind and was happy to return, he even demonstratively threw out the song he composed for Putler. I'm not making any of that up. A Slovak Putin Admirer Immigrated to Russia and Got Arrested
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    https://twitter.com/ErinInTheMorn/st...34285527318688

A thread on the death of Nex and Chaya Raichik. Worth reading.
    This is so sad.

The media is calling it a bathroom fight. It wasn't, it was a bathroom murder.

This is what they want (i,e right wing media and politicians) to demonize transkids and get them killed.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    My two cents as someone from outside the USA and not involved in American politics.

It looks like the United States has been undermined from the inside.

It's crazy to watch conservatives who were supposed to be patriots and defenders of the institutions following a ruffian acting in favor of the Russian megalomaniac.

Or the liberals that should care about civil rights and minority protection spreading so much hate and antisemitism.

This scenario leads us all to a less democratic, cooperative, and free world and is very sad.
    Agreed on the first part. It's gotten to the point that Russian sponsored actors are actively interfering with US politics (see the Joe Biden probe). It's a very, very dangerous situation the US finds itself in.

On the second part, it's not as simple as portrayed. You have some very bad actors that are equating criticizing Israel's actions in Gaza to antisemitism. That politely is nonsense. Israel is a foreign country and criticizing its government is no more racist than criticizing the Chinese or Senegalese governments. Everyone understands that Israel has a right to go after Hamas but it's the manner of this that's the problem. Most people can't support a government massacring innocent people that have been displaced and have no means to protect themselves in the name of decimating Hamas. Like I mentioned earlier, Israel has literally killed their own people in this conflict, that's how extreme their actions are in Gaza.

That's not to mention that Israel's stated goal of destroying Hamas to a man is actually impossible. Can they be degraded, yes, absolutely wiped out, no. It's practically impossible to completely destroy groups like this.
    Last edited by Username taken; 02-21-2024 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Agreed on the first part. It's gotten to the point that Russian sponsored actors are actively interfering with US politics (see the Joe Biden probe). It's a very, very dangerous situation the US finds itself in.

On the second part, it's not as simple as portrayed. You have some very bad actors that are equating criticizing Israel's actions in Gaza to antisemitism. That politely is nonsense. Israel is a foreign country and criticizing its government is no more racist than criticizing the Chinese or Senegalese governments. Everyone understands that Israel has a right to go after Hamas but it's the manner of this that's the problem. Most people can't support a government massacring innocent people that have been displaced and have no means to protect themselves in the name of decimating Hamas. Like I mentioned earlier, Israel has literally killed their own people in this conflict, that's how extreme their actions are in Gaza.

That's not to mention that Israel's stated goal is destroying Hamas to a man is actually impossible. Can they be degraded, yes, absolutely wiped out, no. It's practically impossible to completely destroy groups like this.
    Claiming criticism of a government is a form of racism is a standard part of the playbook. Push back against what Russians doing and they cry Russophobia. Push back against discrimination of the Untouchable caste and you get accused of Hinduphobia.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Biden will email 153,000 student loan borrowers: I’m canceling your debt

President Joe Biden on Wednesday will announce $1.2 billion of student debt relief for nearly 153,000 borrowers — and he’s sending emails to make sure they know whom to thank for it.

The administration’s latest tranche of loan forgiveness covers borrowers who are enrolled in Biden’s new loan repayment program, initially borrowed $12,000 or less and have been repaying their debt for at least 10 years.
    The administration says that it has now approved loan discharges totaling nearly $138 billion for nearly 3.9 million borrowers through dozens of administrative actions since coming into office.

But a challenge for the Biden reelection campaign and Democratic allies is making sure that the president gets credit for canceling that debt—even as the White House explores ways to further increase the number of Americans receiving loan relief.
    Keeps trying every way he possibly can get around the GOP and Supreme Court ruling to get the relief to the people. But as stated in the article struggles to get credit. I think it is important to keep hammering it home though be a broken record.

I went to early vote this morning and hopefully we can get rid of Ted Cruz this time!

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

That's not to mention that Israel's stated goal of destroying Hamas to a man is actually impossible. Can they be degraded, yes, absolutely wiped out, no. It's practically impossible to completely destroy groups like this.
    Because they're fighting an ideology that will take the ill will created in the Muslim communities by their bombing campaigns and use it to found the next generation of Hamas fighters.
    I think at best all Israel can hope for once they've completely decimated Gaza is a few years of respite until another conflict. There will be no lasting peace in Israel now, which is what Hamas probably wanted anyway.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Incredible Member

Well, the original student debt plan was going to affect over 40 million people, and what they're trying to do now for people has only hit about 4 million so far. So maybe it's just harder to figure out who it's having an impact on. (Although my mom is one of them! She's a teacher and been paying off loans for two decades, now it's all forgiven, so Biden is her favorite president, lol).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Well, the original student debt plan was going to affect over 40 million people, and what they're trying to do now for people has only hit about 4 million so far. So maybe it's just harder to figure out who it's having an impact on. (Although my mom is one of them! She's a teacher and been paying off loans for two decades, now it's all forgiven, so Biden is her favorite president, lol).
    Of course it’s a much smaller scale than what was shot down by the GOP/Supreme Court. I was covered and got the letter before the SC shot it down . And haven’t been in any of the smaller attempts so far after. But I can still give him credit and see what he and the administration are trying to do despite being thwarted by the GOP.

I can give the credit and say we need to vote out GOP. It isnt Biden’s fault I am no longer getting the loans wiped out.
    The perception by those who got shafted by the SC and GOP is where the administration is struggling with. Don’t vote for republicans if this is a thing that people like is the clear message.

Back and rested. And just want to know that since the main witness in the Biden Impeachment hearings has been shown to be a Putin agent, when do Comer and Jordan, or Johnson, shut it down. That is what someone who isn't also a Russian asset would do.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Back and rested. And just want to know that since the main witness in the Biden Impeachment hearings has been shown to be a Putin agent, when do Comer and Jordan, or Johnson, shut it down. That is what someone who isn't also a Russian asset would do.
    Dont hold your breath. How many are going to say that this is just a frame job by Biden? Im shocked they havnt been saying that already.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Niki Haley said that embryos are babies, siding with the Alabama Supreme Court......guess she isn't that smart after all.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Niki Haley said that embryos are babies, siding with the Alabama Supreme Court......guess she isn't that smart after all.
    In defense of thinking of Haley as "the smart one", look at who it's in comparison to. Although out of the three, Trump, Haley, and a Lima Bean on Acid, I'm thinking the most intelligent one is the drug abusing legume.
    Dark does not mean deep.

New logo of the GOP

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!