Page 251 of 339 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261301 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 5085

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Appeals court allows Trump to post smaller bond of $175 million within 10 days in the Civil Fraud case.

Tefflon Don.
    I wish I could say I was surprised. Letting Trump or practically any conservative see consequences for their actions cannot be allowed these days.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Don't get why they didn't kill themselves. Doing that in Russia they had to expect torture or worse. Monsters.
    If they had killed themselves, they couldn't have been 'convinced' to eventually implicate Ukraine at some point during their 'trial'.

If they had killed themselves, they couldn't have been 'convinced' to eventually implicate Ukraine at some point during their 'trial'.
    Is that even necessary in the country of alternate reality?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The extent to which you exaggerate or overreact depends on the specifics of what you said.
    They gave you the specifics. Stop playing dumb.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Ultimate Member

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68658415

The UN Security Council has called for an "immediate ceasefire" in Gaza, after the US did not veto the measure in a shift from its previous position.

The resolution also demands the immediate and unconditional release of all hostages.

The Security Council had been at an impasse since the war began in October, failing to agree on a ceasefire call.

The move by the US signals growing divergence between it and its ally Israel over Israel's offensive in Gaza.

The US abstained from the vote, while the remainder of the council's 15 members voted in favour.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    HA! Good one! I don't know if this one has already been mentioned here, if not, there's also "Brokehontas"!
    Pervert Hoover is another one I've seen used
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Appeals court allows Trump to post smaller bond of $175 million within 10 days in the Civil Fraud case.

Tefflon Don.
    Just heard about it. Shoud've known better than to have gotten my hopes up. Trump is more of a Teflon Don than John Gotti. Damned frustrating.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The US wants a ceasefire in Gaza? Then it should stop sending ammunition then…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Invincible Member

Duke University releases statement in response to Musk's statements on DEI

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/du...on/ar-BB1kv5xE

Astonishing Member

Donald J. Trump’s Manhattan criminal trial on charges that he covered up a sex scandal will start on April 15 after a judge on Monday denied the former president’s attempts to delay it further.

For roughly an hour, the judge, Juan M. Merchan, slammed arguments from Mr. Trump’s lawyers that his case should be pushed back any longer because of newly disclosed documents from a related federal investigation. After a 45-minute break, he returned to the courtroom, said that no harm had been done to the former president by the delayed disclosure and set the new trial date.

“Defendant has been given a reasonable amount of time,” the judge said, crisply, referring to Mr. Trump.
    On Monday, the judge sided with Mr. Bragg’s prosecutors. He suggested that Mr. Trump’s lawyers were dragging their feet and scolded them for what he said were unsubstantiated allegations made against the Manhattan district attorney’s office.

“You are literally accusing the Manhattan D.A.’s office and the people assigned to this case of prosecutorial misconduct and trying to make me complicit in it,” the judge exclaimed.

Almost from the beginning, Justice Merchan seemed skeptical of the arguments of one of Mr. Trump’s lawyers, Todd Blanche. He pressed him on the number of documents the defense thinks are relevant, saying, “I just want to get a sense of how much time you need.”

A little taken aback, Mr. Blanche consulted papers on the desk before him, and finally came up with “tens of thousands.” Unsatisfied, the judge said that Mr. Blanche was not answering his questions and, eventually, questioned his résumé, asking him how long he had worked as a federal prosecutor. He told Mr. Blanche multiple times that his statements were contradicted by the record.
    So at least one trial wont be delayed much longer it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I wish I could say I was surprised. Letting Trump or practically any conservative see consequences for their actions cannot be allowed these days.
    Must admit I think it’s a reasonable decision. He (Trump) is obviously a terrible person, but he’s not a flight risk.

I think it’s significant that even at the lower amount no one thinks his companies have enough cash to post the amounts themselves. I’ve thought for years that the claimed Trump fortune is one enormous con.

All the newspaper estimates suggesting that he’s worth a net 2 to 3 billion have to be taken with a heavy pinch of salt. None of the people making those estimates know the extent of the mortgages on his assets. And if he needs to sell quickly very few of his assets will realise anything like their book value.

I actually think it’s close to 50/50 on his financial empire being in complete meltdown.
    Last edited by JackDaw; 03-25-2024 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Must admit I think it’s a reasonable decision. He (Trump) is obviously a terrible person, but he’s not a flight risk.

I think it’s significant that even at the lower amount no one thinks his companies have enough cash to post the amounts themselves. I’ve thought for years that the claimed Trump fortune is one enormous con. (All the newspaper estimates suggesting that he’s worth a net 2 to 3 billion have to be taken with a heavy pinch of salt. None of the people making those estimates know the extent of the mortgages on his assets. And if he needs to see quickly very few of his assets will sell for anything like their book value.)

I actually think it’s close to 50/50 on his financial empire being in complete meltdown.
    I guess we'll see within 10 days if either an insurance company will front the bond, or if he can get the money together himself.

Last edited by Zelena; 03-25-2024 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    So, Russia and ISIS are now fighting?

Attachment 138463

I care more about Kate Middleton’s cancer diagnosis, and I don’t give two shits about the royal family. The only reason I care about this at all is because it might give Ukraine a chance to finally stomp Russia’s invasion out while Russia is dealing with the whole hornet nest of religious lunacy, abject malice, and deeeeeeep craziness that is ISIS.

Serves Russia right, after the misogyny, homophobia, deliberate interference in our elections, support for our resident Hitler wannabe, invasion of sovereign nations, and violent oppression of it’s own people.

It sucks when innocent people get killed, ABSOLUTELY. But this is a bit like watching a trailer park that voted overwhelmingly for Trump get swept up in a tornado. I feel bad for the people who lived in that trailer park that DIDN’T support things like ‘invading other nations for profit’, racism, misogyny, homophobia, treason, and violence towards the oppressed…but I’m glad there are less shitty people in the world, overall.

Basically, I’d care more if they didn’t support a tiny-dicked dictator that wants me and everyone like me dead for the crime of existing against their wishes.

Before anyone tries to claim that I support ISIS or anything stupid like that, I absolutely do not. I realize ISIS is no better, and is in many ways worse. But sometimes, when two monsters that both want you dead stop slaughtering everything in their path to focus on one another for long enough to fight for supremacy? All you can do is step back, hope they kill each other or wound each other enough that they’re both forced to retreat to lick their wounds, and focus on doing what you can to help the victims of both.

We need to focus our support and sympathy on Ukraine. Let the Great and Powerful Russia take care of itself and go it alone against ISIS like the tough, manly nation it pretends to be. The rest of us should focus on building up defenses and supplies and support in Ukraine. And other nations Russia might want to ‘reclaim’ after.

Let them fight, then deal with the winner before it recovers and goes back to killing and eating its way across the globe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    ISIS is not only Russia’s enemy but the enemy of all democracies in the world… So even countries that are not democratic…

Common sense would require that Putin give up on Ukraine and focus on a real enemy, not one that his paranoia invented… But it is not that will happen…
    Common sense is far too common for some who see themselves as better than everyone else.

That someone who says they are against Trump to actually stick up for it while they are in office is novel. I wish GoP voters were more like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    New Trump nickname.
    Don Poorleone.
    HA! Good one! I don't know if this one has already been mentioned here, if not, there's also "Brokehontas"!
    While I like the Orange Shitgibbon, lets not get too overboard. Poorleone is good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Dracula View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SMRUyWpyD0

Senator Sheldon Whitehouse explains how dark money donors have captured the SCOTUS.
    This is actually quite well informed and would do others well to examine if they have defended the gifting/bribing to Justices such as Thomas. Evolving situations should be acknowledged instead of ignored.

Missouri secretary of state says he does not have authority to block gubernatorial candidate with KKK ‘affiliation’

Absolutely no surprise here that the GOP would run a KKK ‘connected’ man for governor. At least SOME republicans have a problem with that and are fighting it. That is a speck of good news in the vast sea of completely predictable awfulness of the GOP today. Mark your bingo cards, folks!

New government spending bill bans U.S. embassies from flying Pride flag

Annnnnd the GOP successfully won a hateful goal along their stated path of spreading the ‘loving’ message of erasing queer folx from existence. The ONLY reason for this is the weaponization of hate.

Period.

F*** Mike Johnson.

And f*** his religion.

And f*** his party.

I hope Margarine Traitor Greede DOES come for his job. And I hope the IRS starts going after these fundamentalist terrorist cells disguised as ‘churches’.

The collapse/implosion of the GOP cannot come soon enough, for the good for America, and the rest of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    They atttempted to attach 39 other specific anti LGBTQ riders to this legislation.

Thirty nine.
    It’s a good thing we’re just overreacting to this. That we’re just exaggerating when we point to things like this as evidence of the GOP’s absolute malice towards queer folx.
    My only consolation on the Flag ruling is that it doesn't prevent them from displaying it in other ways like previous standards have.

As for Ashcroft, he came out against taking Trump off of ballots so he can't be caught saying something different now.

This Ronna McDaniel hire by NBC News is already turning into a disaster. This trying to be "balanced" while paying for the worst of the Election denier, gaslighting has even the regular reporters and staff at the network in an uproar. I don't usually agree with Chuck Todd, but his appearance yesterday where he said the bosses owe an apology for putting her on air and putting Kristen Welker in the hotseat having her on to start her "redemption tour" before it was announced she was going to work for NBC.

He was totally right. What an insane hire. Just the little clip of saying now I can speak my mind, before I had to be the face of the RNC. Bitch no, you don't get to wash all the stink away. You promoted Trump, you promoted election deniers. You bashed "mainstream media, including NBC personally, for YEARS. And now they just hand her a check and want her to cozy up to the very reporters and network staff that she bashed an endangered by the threats and lies?

There is no "access" this cow can provide that is worth the taint of hiring her. She has zero credibility.

NBC’s McDaniel mess threatens to explode
    I hope this results in change.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    The New York Post has published photographs of the suspects arrested for the bloody terror attacks in a Moscow suburb being tortured, one with electroshocks to his genitals.
    Yeah, talk about an absolute catastrophe for NBC. Their hamfisted and utterly foolish attemptat being "fair and balanced" by hiring McDaniel was horribly misguided. I mean, it's not like Faux News will reciprocate by bringing in George Conway (Kellyanne Conway's Never Trumper husband) to provide opposing views, because that's NEVER going to happen. The only way NBC can stop the bleeding is to immediately reverse course, fire McDaniel and publicly admit her hiring had been a mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    If they did it. So far, they are suspects arrested in a very chaotic situation. Of course, with that kind of torture they're likely to confess whether they did it or not.
    Yeah anything coming from Russian sources or the courts you pretty much can't really trust. But hopefully the real perps do get caught or killed.
    The bolded is the only reason their executions were delayed I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    They gave you the specifics. Stop playing dumb.
    Why change now, it's how he's posted for years at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    The US wants a ceasefire in Gaza? Then it should stop sending ammunition then…
    Considering how much ammunition they said they DON'T have when sending the emergency supplies to Ukraine, I hope they aren't still sending new shipments to them. I can excuse shipments part of old deals because going against obligations is something the conservatives seem to love doing.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Duke University releases statement in response to Musk's statements on DEI

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/du...on/ar-BB1kv5xE
    I saw parts of the interview, it's ridiculous.

So at least one trial wont be delayed much longer it seems.
    We'll see how this one goes. I've learned not to get my hopes up.

Just heard about it. Shoud've known better than to have gotten my hopes up. Trump is more of a Teflon Don than John Gotti. Damned frustrating.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post

I think it’s significant that even at the lower amount no one thinks his companies have enough cash to post the amounts themselves. I’ve thought for years that the claimed Trump fortune is one enormous con. (All the newspaper estimates suggesting that he’s worth a net 2 to 3 billion have to be taken with a heavy pinch of salt. None of the people making those estimates know the extent of the mortgages on his assets. And if he needs to see quickly very few of his assets will sell for anything like their book value.)

Considering that the punishment in this case was forfeiture of assets to pay a monetary fine instead of jail-time, Trump being a flight risk or not shouldn't have anything to do with the decision at all. He would have been stripped of Trump Tower and/or something else, and still wouldn't have seen the inside of a jail cell. As I would want him to live a long and poor life in one, that's something I've been paying attention to.

I don't understand what's reasonable about this decision, but if you'd like to continue discussing it with me I'd be pleasantly surprised.