Page 321 of 360 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325331 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,815 of 5389
    Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    House approves Ukraine aid package

https://news.sky.com/story/crucial-6...dlock-13119287

Greene must be losing her mind
    20240420_205745.jpg

Those numbers are something else.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    If anyone has read the NY Times , its become a comedy show of trying to find actual jurors who don't hate Trump's f'n guts. Because the social media posts these folks have made , have been a comedy show. From one juror being asked if they called Trump a no good sh-t goblin back a few years ago as judge read... "Yep...if i wrote it , I meant it..." the juror replied. To others being questioned over calling him trash and more. lol

The funniest was that of a parody from 2020 where the Avengers are seen (with Democrats imposed as faces) being posted on one persons husbands twitter. It was pretty funny to see mentioned.

If this doesn't make a SNL sketch this weekend , there is no justice.
    It should be very hard to find impartial jurors. It's hard to be neutral vs. Trump. Either you despise him or you're MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    20240420_205745.jpg

One of those parties looks a bit divided :P

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Green is one of more than a dozen hateful, spiteful, lying people who shouldn't be allowed near public service that are embraced by the GOP. They could act like Klingons and turn their backs on them, but that would require Honor.

If they can't cover the bond, that should logically invalidate things. That 'bias' would be involved is of course Trump's go-to if the facts contradict his story.
    Why does his forehead look like a clitoris?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    At which point Trump will cry bias. The man would claim a coin flip is rigged against him unless it's a double headed coin AND he gets to call.
    Only if it's his head that's printed on both sides.
    Hail Hydra!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

It should be very hard to find impartial jurors. It's hard to be neutral vs. Trump. Either you despise him or you're MAGA
    I tried explaining to one friend why its funny. At times he doesn't get the silliness of the situation and is into more outlandish humor. But the idea the judge in a trial is reading off insane Twitter statements to juror like..."did you call President Trump a rascist sh-t goblin...." is pretty funny.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    20240420_205745.jpg

Well I’m very glad it passed. But we can see which members of the House are in Putin’s pocket.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Why does his forehead look like a clitoris?
    You need to see females of a different species.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I tried explaining to one friend why its funny. At times he doesn't get the silliness of the situation and is into more outlandish humor. But the idea the judge in a trial is reading off insane Twitter statements to juror like..."did you call President Trump a rascist sh-t goblin...." is pretty funny.
    The BEST part, for me, is that Trump had to sit there and listen to what ACTUAL people ACTUALLY think about him outside of his rage and hate bubble. A man with an ego more fragile than cotton candy in a hurricane had to sit and listen to ALLLLLLLLLLLL the things people say about him.

That was fantastic. I expect him to completely blow up in court before this is over.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Should the discussion be regarding Hilary's emails instead?

Point taken though -- which is why the suggestion was that there be real dialogue rather than the standard silent treatment regarding conservative attacks on minority rights.

The same things are being said because many of the same posters refuse to address the right-wing bigotry that underlies many of the problems in society today.

Changing that is the key to working towards bipartisan solutions -- not downplaying or ignoring the problems as they get worse.

To your point -- it won't happen because many are not the victims of conservative bigotry and policy and some even benefit from the racist and sexist oppression of others.

It's easy to pretend your hands are clean when you let others do the dirty work for you.
    If Arizona republicans keep blocking that abortion ban repeal, they need to add in special penalties for any republican's mistress who gets one. Don't act like it won't happen, we know it will. Spineless cowards.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Didn't a Democrat attach an amendment that said they should start referencing Capitol Storming Barbie as Vladimir Putin's special envoy to the US?

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

House approves Ukraine aid package

https://news.sky.com/story/crucial-6...dlock-13119287

Greene must be losing her mind
    That would imply she had one in the first place.

If this doesn't make a SNL sketch this weekend , there is no justice.
    Sadly SNL is apparently a repeat tonight.

Question for those here: In the purely hypothetical situation where you are called for Jury duty for one of Donald Trump's cases, Do You Think You Could be Impartial Enough to be an actual juror? If the Judge asked the group of potential jurors that you are with to raise their hands if they thought they Could Not be impartial, would you raise your hand or would you keep it lowered?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    You've been given many different specific examples of where the Parents Rights Movement and organizations such as Libs of TikTok have engaged in openly homophobic behavior. You've been given many examples where Republicans have engaged in overtly racist behavior against black and brown voters. You've been given numerous examples of sexism within the Republican party with regards to women's rights -- up to and including the loss of abortion rights in numeous states -- all against the majority of public opinion.

You've also been shown numerous examples of how this behavior relates directly to white Christian nationalism and white supremacy both within America and abroad, with Republicans idolizing known white supremacists such as Viktor Orban and Tucker Carlson while turning a blind eye to the white nationalists both within their ranks and the one currently running the Republican party.

To try to argue that conservatives bigotry is "vague" at this point is little more than an excuse not to address it directly.

So when the issue of Republican bigotry is repeatedly "ducked" then you should apply that logic evenly.

Immigration has been discussed repeatedly and objectively on this forum to the point where even Mets had to admit that Republicans are lying about Democratic "open borders".

Republican bigotry -- which is at the root of many of these issues -- has not.

As stated at the beginning of the thread however -- there's no point in expecting any better this time around and that has proven to be true.
    You mischaracterized my post. I said "parental rights movement" is a vague term. You just quoted it. So you can see that I wasn't making a comment about conservative bigotry being vague.

It seems in general we're looking for different things here. You're looking for affirmation of your political views, so you want people to express the same conclusions you do.

I'm often looking to figure things out, so I'm not invested in a particular conclusion. I also think groupthink is bad, so I'll point out situations in which people seem to be mistaken, and saying things that they presumably do not intend to be taken literally. I don't think I need to persuade anybody here that white nationalism is bad, but people are more likely to say undisciplined left-wing points.

If you have a question for me, ask it a non-loaded way. If you're unwilling to do that, you probably shouldn't be criticizing me or anyone else for silence because it seems you're not willing to share some of your own views.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets