Page 362 of 362 FirstFirst ... 262312352358359360361362
Results 5,416 to 5,426 of 5426
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'm not seeing what you are referring to in any news feed. Got a link to anything?
    Last edited by aja_christopher; Today at 04:25 PM.

Ultimate Member

Describing Japan as 'insular' would be kind.

As for India, them guys tried to kill a man within our borders. They are not entitled to any rose colored glasses on our part.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I wish Biden hadn't insulted Japan and India like that. He'd better find a way to apologize; the Japanese at least seem upset. I thought we were well done with that when Trump got deep sixed, but no, Biden's doing it too. As President, you just have to choose your words carefully, Obama and even Bush the Lesser understood that, neither Trump nor Biden gets it.
    India still owes us for the BS they tried to send an assassin into our country.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...aw-sikhs-modi/

Ultimate Member

Polite Republican conservatives showing respect to opposing opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post

Youth vote.
    You'd best ask them how they feel about what the Palestinians are going through before you start counting those chickens.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Describing Japan as 'insular' would be kind.

As for India, them guys tried to kill a man within our borders. They are not entitled to any rose colored glasses on our part.
    While that's true, what Biden said is still counterproductive.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    You'd best ask them how they feel about what the Palestinians are going through before you start counting those chickens.
    No chickens were counted -- it's a comedy sketch.

Did you count all the chickens each time you claimed Democrats would lose elections and they won by record margins -- you have to be about 1-12 at this point with regards to predictions.

Based on actual history, outside of Hillary Clinton (who received three million more votes) going against what you suggest is usually the key to Democratic victory.

And it's notable that you ignored the Republicans chanting monkey noises at a black protester and focused instead on attacking Democrats.

Just something to keep in mind the next time you claim to be "concerned" about black voters -- while criticizing Democrats and not Republicans.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; Today at 06:58 PM.

No chickens were counted -- it's a comedy sketch.

Did you count all the chickens each time you claimed Democrats would lose elections and they won by record margins -- you have to be about 1-12 at this point with regards to predictions.

Based on actual history, outside of Hillary Clinton (who won by three million votes) going against what you suggest is usually the key to Democratic victory.

And it's notable that you ignored the Republicans chanting monkey noises at the black woman and focused instead on attacking Democrats.

Just something to keep in mind the next time you claim to be "concerned" about black voters.
    While I do get that most of the regulars in this thread are squarely "There Are Only Two Sides..." and "Versus..."?

That was nothing like an "Attack..."

It was a simple statement of basic fact. There have only been a few times that I can think of that will be as complicated as the current day when it comes to convincing young voters to support the Democratic party.

There are reasons that they should, but they also clearly see reasons that they should not. That much is plain as day.

Ultimate Member

While I do get that most of the regulars in this thread are squarely "There Are Only Two Sides..." and "Versus..."?

That was nothing like an "Attack..."

It was a simple statement of basic fact. There have only been a few times that I can think of that will be as complicated as the current day when it comes to convincing young voters to support the Democratic party.

There are reasons that they should, but they also clearly see reasons that they should not. That much is plain as day.
    The Palestinian issue is a completely different topic from marijuana legalization.

It has nothing to do with "two sides" and everything with ignoring Republican racism and bigotry and attacking Democrats by any means necessary.

Biden is doing what he can about Palestine as we speak -- that changes nothing about the fact that you ignore Republican racism to focus on attacking Democrats.

You literally overlooked Republicans shouting monkey sounds at a black protestor to take a shot at Democrats over something that may be adequately resolved by election day.

That is not the behavior of a Democratic ally and you have yet to explain why you think it is acceptable to overlook racism -- no matter what the source.

Truth be told -- said behavior is exactly why many "minorities" feel like many Americans are fine with white supremacy and white nationalism.

While that's true, what Biden said is still counterproductive.
    Not if it results in honest dialogue or needed change.

It wasn't counter-productive for other nations to tell us that the Trump administration was xenophobic -- if it's true then it should be addressed directly.

Conversely, one could argue that it was counter-productive for Reagan to ignore South African apartheid -- unless you support white nationalism, which he did.

It's fair to say that Biden sometimes lacks tact but it makes more sense to judge him by results -- better to befriend someone who speaks out plainly than someone who pretends to be your ally but is not.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; Today at 06:38 PM.

The Palestinian issue is a completely different topic from marijuana legalization.

To you? I guess?

If young voters see it that way and will not be basing their vote(assuming they do not just decide that neither of the big two will be getting their vote...) on both of those issues?

I don't know that I have seen anything that clearly suggest that.

Not if it results in honest dialogue or needed change.

It wasn't counter-productive for other nations to tell us that the Trump administration was xenophobic -- if it's true then it should be addressed directly.

Conversely, one could argue that it was counter-productive for Reagan to ignore South American apartheid -- unless you support white nationalism, which he did.
    How many times has calling someone "Xenophobic..." resulted in either?

Ultimate Member

To you? I guess??
    They are factually two separate issues -- not everyone who supports marijuana legalization is concerned about Palestine.

But as was stated before -- there is no point in having a dialogue with someone who cares only about their own concerns.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; Today at 06:50 PM.