Page 198 of 341 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248298 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 5105

Not that this is surprising but it always nice when trash proves they are trash. Marjorie Taylor Greene, aka Capitol Storming Barbie, proves she once again can dish it out but can't take it. Article Link
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by comictimes View Post
    Irrelevant question? No answer. What, you didn't like the relevant answer?
    It's interesting that you put the entire responsibility for a situation that was started by Hamas mass murder, rape and kidnapping in Jews.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Not surprised. If anything, I'm amazed she lasted this long, despite the odds clearly stacked against her. Most figured the only reason she stuck around was the slim hope that Trump's legal issues, especially the 1/6 problem would crush him. But, when SCOTUS agreed to hear his immunity appeal, delaying the trial for God only knows how long, that was the kiss of death for Haley's campaign. The only question now is how long before she knuckles under and swears fealty to Caramel Caligula like everyone in the GQP have done. I'm setting the over/under on Friday.
    I don’t think she will swear fealty to the Donald unless he gives her sometime she wants presumably the Vice-Presidency.

(There’s absolutely no advantage to her knuckling under to the Trump unless she gets something worthwhile…The Donald isn’t the sort to “forgive and forget”, her saying now “what a wonderful guy he is” is a complete waste of time. In a few years time, he’ll just be an unpleasant memory, Republican supporters will wake up, realise that he was a complete disaster, and those few Republicans who stand up to him now will be rewarded. I think she has enough guts and intelligence to play the long game.)

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I don’t think she will swear fealty to the Donald unless he gives her sometime she wants presumably the Vice-Presidency.

(There’s absolutely no advantage to her knuckling under to the Trump unless she gets something worthwhile…The Donald isn’t the sort to “forgive and forget”, her saying now “what a wonderful guy he is” is a complete waste of time. In a few years time, he’ll just be an unpleasant memory, Republican supporters will wake up, realise that he was a complete disaster, and those few Republicans who stand up to him now will be rewarded. I think she has enough guts and intelligence to play the long game.)
    I think she realizes she will do better waiting four years and running as "the candidate who beat Trump in several primaries" then to lose an election as his Veep.

The Dow Jones has gained 12% over the past six months. Tesla stock lost 28%. The formerly richest man in the world, Elmo Mush, has slipped to third place.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Yes, it notified employees by email but only five were surprised meaning it wasn't a big deal or impactful and at the end of the day it's still notification and it fully explains the whys and hows with zero of the opaqueness that Mets was complaining about.
    I don't think the article suggests that those five people were the only ones who were surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Legally they can, but in practice it almost never happens because of all the various protections employees have and how risk avoidant corporations are. It's why a deep blue state like Mass hasn't decided to change from at-will because the protections provided effectively make firing someone for no good reason next to impossible. Again, this is simply illustrating your l ack of knowledge and experience with the issue.
    You seem to very confident on the idea that this works a particular way in practice.

Anecdotal evidence isn't going to resolve this. A person can work for four companies in two fields, and the experiences will be limited to that context.

Is there any hard data on the idea that the overwhelming majority (~99%) of employees in at will states are given specific explanations for their dismissals from work?

It'll be interesting how Trump is seen by the party in the long run.

Part of how he won the nomination was running against Bush.

Dick Cheney benefitted after Watergate by being a Republican with no connections to the Nixon administration, which is a lesson that Liz Cheney is aware of.

It'll be interesting what happens in the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    I think she realizes she will do better waiting four years and running as "the candidate who beat Trump in several primaries" then to lose an election as his Veep.
    There are some major advantages.

If she loses his Veep, she at least prevents a likely rival from developing a national profile.
    And the ticket could win. And Trump might easily not last the full term.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Don't take this personally, but you don't understand what makes Qpublicans like Haley tick. They have a hive mind mentality that would put the Borg from Star Trek to shame. There's no doubt in my mind Haley will waste little time debasing herself and slurping Trump under the tissue paper thin guise of "party unity". I'd be shocked if she doesn't. Hell, she's already on record having said that if she were to win the election, she'd pardon Trump, so I'm sure she'll have no problem kissing the ring, or rather, his orange ass. And playing the long game as you suggest will do Haley no good, even if Trump is gone, the rabid loons he has for followers will still be around, and they won't forget her having opposed their leader, so she can't count on their support in future elections. Short and sweet, any aspirations Haley has for president are dead and buried.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Are you saying this is about the hostages? The ones the IDF has been killing?
    Oh boy... the ones that were kidnapped by Hamas and that wouldn't be killed in the first place if they hadn't been killed by Hamas?

Irrelevant question? No answer. What, you didn't like the relevant answer?
    You're not giving Capt. Europe a relevant answer

It's interesting that you put the entire responsibility for a situation that was started by Hamas mass murder, rape and kidnapping in Jews.
    "IDF are responsible for killing the Israel hostages", is seriously comictimes' argument

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    If Hamas surrenders and releases the hostages, all of this ends
    Does the 50+ years of unlawful killings through rampant use of excessive force, forced displacement, abusive detention, restrictions on movement, and discriminatory policies also end if Hamas surrenders?
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Not that this is surprising but it always nice when trash proves they are trash. Marjorie Taylor Greene, aka Capitol Storming Barbie, proves she once again can dish it out but can't take it. Article Link
    The reporter should have said..."snowflake coward...." after she told her to f-ck off. Mock her to her f'n face is my stance.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

I'm partly Jew (both my grandmothers had Jew heritage) so please don't mix us with the Zionist project.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Oh boy... the ones that were kidnapped by Hamas and that wouldn't be killed in the first place if they hadn't been killed by Hamas?
    The ones who weren't killed in the first place (there are reports about both sides killing them) and weren't subsequently killed by IDF's somewhat indiscriminate bombing aren't that many anymore. You also have to discount the ones the IDF killed while trying to reach them waving a white flag. Oh boy indeed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Does the 50+ years of unlawful killings through rampant use of excessive force, forced displacement, abusive detention, restrictions on movement, and discriminatory policies also end if Hamas surrenders?
    I'd say no.