Page 222 of 342 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272322 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 5118
    Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Both Biden and Trump clinched enough votes to get their parties' nominations tonight, on Super Tuesday II: Electric Votaloo.

Biden got there first.

Ilhan Omar endorsed president Biden on CNN tonight. No more "uncommitted" talk.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Ilhan Omar endorsed president Biden on CNN tonight. No more "uncommitted" talk.
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/unco...y?id=108007158

'Uncommitted' voters in Washington primary hope to keep pressuring Biden on Israel's war in Gaza
    Elsewhere on Tuesday, an effort similar to the uncommitted campaign has emerged in Georgia, where the "Listen to Georgia" coalition has started a "Leave It Blank" campaign, telling voters not to fill in any bubble in an effort to pressure Biden to do more to support Gaza.

In Wisconsin on April 2, an advocacy group is likewise urging Democrats to vote "uninstructed."

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    For some good news...a loss for that vile loser, Desantis
    A loss for Wretched Ron makes my day!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Yes and.
    I was talking about Ilhan Omar, not your other online friends.

Both Biden and Trump clinched enough votes to get their parties' nominations tonight, on Super Tuesday II: Electric Votaloo.

Biden got there first.
    Uncommitted got 7.5% in Washington State, 3.9 in Iowa etc. Biggest result seems to be in Minnesota with 18.8.

RFK Jr. refuses to go away. Just saw a report on my local news this morning that he’s mulling over choices for his Vice President, one of those choices (god help us) is New York Jets quarterback Aaron Rodgers. Oy vey!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    RFK Jr. refuses to go away. Just saw a report on my local news this morning that he’s mulling over choices for his Vice President, one of those choices (god help us) is New York Jets quarterback Aaron Rodgers. Oy vey!
    The other one being Jessy Ventura. Glad to see he is rising to the seriousness of the moment.

Ultimate Member

The other one being Jessy Ventura. Glad to see he is rising to the seriousness of the moment.
    Jesse or Junior?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Jesse or Junior?
    We don't know if Jesse will say yes. If they both say no, I hope Junior will look at uniters like Ben Shapiro or Shane Gillis.

He wants to make sure that he's completely unable to win I guess.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    He wants to make sure that he's completely unable to win I guess.
    Not too long ago, he was hanging around with Roger Stone. RFK Jr's whole campaign is a sham designed to siphon votes away from Biden, plain and simple.

More on Ken Buxit:

House GOP panics as another Republican sprints for the exits

House Republicans are panicking about their shrinking majority after Rep. Ken Buck (R-Colo.) said he will resign at the end of next week, stunning GOP leadership.

Why it matters: Republicans' razor-thin margins have created headaches throughout the 118th Congress — empowering hardliners, causing embarrassing defeats on key votes, and even contributing to the ouster of House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.).

The intrigue: Members of Republican leadership said they were blindsided by Buck's sudden announcement.

"I was surprised by Ken's announcement — I look forward to talking with him about that," House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) told reporters.
    House Majority Leader Steve Scalise (R-La.) said: "I haven't gotten to talk to him. He wasn't on the floor but I'm curious to see why he's leaving early."
    By the numbers: Republicans will have 218 seats to Democrats' 213 after Buck leaves, meaning the GOP can lose just two of their members on any given party-line vote.

The resignations of McCarthy and Rep. Bill Johnson (R-Ohio) — as well as the expulsion of Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.) and the loss of his seat to Democrats — have led Republicans to this point.
    A special election in April to replace Rep. Brian Higgins (D-N.Y.) will likely net Democrats another seat.
    Republicans are then poised to win the May and June elections to replace McCarthy and Johnson, respectively. Colorado Gov. Jared Polis said he intends to set the special election to fill Buck's seat for June 25.
    What they're saying: "It lowers the margin and that creates an obvious challenge for leadership," Rep. Steve Womack (R-Ark.) told Axios of Buck's resignation.

"I am concerned about the majority," said Rep. Mike Kelly (R-Pa.), adding, "I just wish the rest of our party was."
    House Rules Committee Chair Tom Cole (R-Okla.) said of Buck's decision: "Obviously, it makes the numbers that much tougher."
    Reality check: House Republicans have dispensed with many party-line votes out of fear of right-wing defections.

Major bills are now routinely being passed through a process known as "suspension," which requires a two-thirds majority for votes to succeed.
    Between the lines: What Buck's resignation means in practice is that "if it can go wrong, it probably will go wrong — at the worst time," Womack explained.

On any given vote, he said, Republicans could be hobbled by "absences, through travel or illness or family hardship or whatever."
    The other side: Some GOP lawmakers argued that Buck's resignation won't have a concrete impact on the day-to-day workings of the House.

"We already have a close majority, so it just requires us to be just as vigilant as always," said Rep. Ben Cline (R-Va.).
    The backdrop: Buck has evolved in recent years from a right-wing bomb-thrower to the preeminent Republican critic of efforts to impeach President Biden and Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas.

He was one of three Republicans who voted against impeaching Mayorkas, much to the frustration of his GOP colleagues.
    "We're down to the point every vote counts. Ken is not always a predictable vote, he's a very independent vote, but ... I hate to lose him," said Cole.
    Zoom out: Republicans are also worried about what Buck's resignation says more broadly about Congress as an institution at a time when a historic number of lawmakers in both parties are planning to retire.

"Congress is like life, you have good years and you have bad years, and it's been a difficult Congress, no question about it," said Cole.
    Womack said he worries "there could be other members out here who have decided not to seek re-election that might choose to end their careers early because of other opportunities."
    The bottom line: Asked whether he's facing heat from his colleagues, Buck told Axios: "I think it's the next three people that leave that they're going to be worried about."

Wow, a virtual reality trip around RFK’s mind would be an interesting journey.

“Turn right at foot of Mount Delusion, walk forward 300 yards, you will then enter Boulevard of Lost Dreams…”

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    For some good news...a loss for that vile loser, Desantis
    In a statement, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’s office described the deal as a “major win” with the law formally known as the Parental Rights in Education Act remaining intact.

“We fought hard to ensure this law couldn’t be maligned in court, as it was in the public arena by the media and large corporate actors,” said Ryan Newman, an attorney for the state of Florida. “We are victorious, and Florida’s classrooms will remain a safe place under the Parental Rights in Education Act.”
    I honestly don't see how DeSantis sees this as a win! Is it that teachers won't be able to indoctrinate children and teach them how to be gay under the settlement (something that was never actually the case)?
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.