Page 253 of 339 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 5079
    Incredible Member

I have always know deep down he would never go to prison even if he were to be convicted. I guess I still had hope they would at least take his money away, but now I see they won't even allow that.

So I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    But then they would waste the opportunity to make lives of more trans people, especially children miserable in the meantime and they can't allow that.
    What legislation has UK government posted in last 10 years that is aimed at making life of trans kids tougher?

Compared to large majority of countries UK legal framework distinctly enlightened.

Astonishing Member

Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs’ Properties Raided by Homeland Security as Part of Sex Trafficking Investigation

Properties owned by Sean “Diddy” Combs located in Miami and Los Angeles were raided by Homeland Security on Monday afternoon.

NBC News cited an unnamed source as saying that three women and a man have been interviewed by federal officials in Manhattan and three other interviews are scheduled in relation to allegations of sex trafficking, sexual assault, and the solicitation and distribution of illegal narcotics and firearms; however, it remains unconfirmed whether Combs himself is the focus of the investigation, although multiple sexual misconduct claims have been levied against him in recent months.The raids were first reported by Fox 11 News.

In a statement, Homeland Security Investigations confirmed, “Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) New York executed law enforcement actions as part of an ongoing investigation, with assistance from HSI Los Angeles, HSI Miami, and our local law enforcement partners.” It was unclear at the time of this article’s publication whether Combs’ New York properties are a part of this raid.
    FOX11 has also shared video footage of the raid taken from an overhead helicopter that shows several individuals in handcuffs outside the property, including two men who some outlets claimed were Combs’ sons, Justin and King Combs, although this information was not confirmed.

Representatives for Combs did not immediately return Variety‘s request for comment.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    This Ronna McDaniel hire by NBC News is already turning into a disaster. This trying to be "balanced" while paying for the worst of the Election denier, gaslighting has even the regular reporters and staff at the network in an uproar. I don't usually agree with Chuck Todd, but his appearance yesterday where he said the bosses owe an apology for putting her on air and putting Kristen Welker in the hotseat having her on to start her "redemption tour" before it was announced she was going to work for NBC.

He was totally right. What an insane hire. Just the little clip of saying now I can speak my mind, before I had to be the face of the RNC. Bitch no, you don't get to wash all the stink away. You promoted Trump, you promoted election deniers. You bashed "mainstream media, including NBC personally, for YEARS. And now they just hand her a check and want her to cozy up to the very reporters and network staff that she bashed an endangered by the threats and lies?

There is no "access" this cow can provide that is worth the taint of hiring her. She has zero credibility.

NBC’s McDaniel mess threatens to explode
    Someone clearly needed to hip the two of them that they, in actuality, work for the man.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Someone clearly needed to hip the two of them that they, in actuality, work for the man.
    Chuck flat out said on air the bosses owed her an apology. So there clearly is enough of the big players who dare the network to do anything about their open defiance and criticism. I would be surprised if any of the big names allow her on without a mandate to use her. I cant think of any MSNBC show that would allow it. Morning Joe, Joy Reid, Ari, Maddow certainly wouldnt

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Pervert Hoover is another one I've seen used
    That’s pretty funny. I’m stealing it.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Must admit I think it’s a reasonable decision. He (Trump) is obviously a terrible person, but he’s not a flight risk.

I think it’s significant that even at the lower amount no one thinks his companies have enough cash to post the amounts themselves. I’ve thought for years that the claimed Trump fortune is one enormous con.

All the newspaper estimates suggesting that he’s worth a net 2 to 3 billion have to be taken with a heavy pinch of salt. None of the people making those estimates know the extent of the mortgages on his assets. And if he needs to sell quickly very few of his assets will realise anything like their book value.

I actually think it’s close to 50/50 on his financial empire being in complete meltdown.
    Jared and Ivanka reported having made approximately $640 million during Trumps administration.
    Are we to believe the man himself made less over that period?

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    After today’s legal ruling, the inevitable question (at least to me) begs to be asked: If we were dealing with Donald Trump, crooked businessman, conman, grifter, thief and reality show carnival barker, and not Donald Trump, former president and de facto ruler of the Republican Party, would he have enjoyed this remarkable level of leniency from the courts? Or is it just another example of rules being bent, if not broken in favor of privileged billionaires?
    The main counterargument would be that Donald Trump, businessman and reality show star, would not be under this level of scrutiny if he weren't a major politician.

Must admit I think it’s a reasonable decision. He (Trump) is obviously a terrible person, but he’s not a flight risk.

I think it’s significant that even at the lower amount no one thinks his companies have enough cash to post the amounts themselves. I’ve thought for years that the claimed Trump fortune is one enormous con.

All the newspaper estimates suggesting that he’s worth a net 2 to 3 billion have to be taken with a heavy pinch of salt. None of the people making those estimates know the extent of the mortgages on his assets. And if he needs to sell quickly very few of his assets will realise anything like their book value.

I actually think it’s close to 50/50 on his financial empire being in complete meltdown.
    The bulk of Trump's fortune is in real estate which is difficult to sell in these types of situations. There are all sorts of restrictions and contracts.

One question is the extent to which Trump's lawyers may exaggerate his financial problems in order to reduce the penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    They gave you the specifics. Stop playing dumb.
    Not quite.

There are allusions to previous times they were called out for exaggerating or overreacting. So the extent to which someone was correct at that time depends on the specifics of what they said.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah I’m shocked people still celebrate when he gets charged with a crime or still truly believe he will get any prison time. Haven’t we all learned by now that he will never have any comeuppance?
    Personally, I’m just happy when something happens that may raise his stress levels. My hope is a serious health issue may arise that will permanently sideline him.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Who appointed the judges who went easy on him today?
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...ict-rcna144659

N.Y. appeals court reduces Trump's bond in his civil fraud case to $175 million, a victory for the former president
    The 11th-hour ruling from a panel of state Appellate Division judges, all appointed by Democratic governors, is a major victory and relief for the former president, whose attorneys had said coming up with the larger bond was a “practical impossibility.” The ruling also means state Attorney General Letitia James’ office cannot yet begin collecting on the judgment.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah I’m shocked people still celebrate when he gets charged with a crime or still truly believe he will get any prison time. Haven’t we all learned by now that he will never have any comeuppance?
    At this point, the only comeuppance Trump sees will come at the ballot box come November.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Personally I've long held the opinion that the penalty for the crime should approach the level of the money that you illegally gained through your crime. At this point fines are considered more a cost of doing business when it comes to larger companies rather than an impediment to business or some sort of rein on their behavior. Look into the logic behind recalls for Auto Parts/Cars or Pharmaceuticals and lawsuits over them if you'd like more details.
    Ideally, the penalty should ALWAYS exceed the level of money illegally gained through the crime, or else the crime was still profitable. The amount that it exceeds the illegal gain should be enough so that the criminal would have to be stupid to even consider committing the same crime again.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

So, at no point did I say he was going to win. Just that it was horrifying and not at all unexpected that a KKK guy would get on the ballot as a Republican. The fact that it is a thing at ALL is the issue facing your party. It’s good some in the party are backing away, and it’s good he likely has no chance in hell of winning. But your party has enough voters who are STILL supporting him that he’s gotten THIS far. And that’s just another abhorrent act by your party that I used to lead into the ACTUAL abhorrent, blatant hatred your leaders displayed, recently. To illustrate that it’s not just your leaders who support hate. It’s the rank and file voters, too.

Not ‘exaggeration’. But you like to cast any reaction to GOP horrors as ‘exaggeration’, so I shouldn’t be surprised.

I do notice that - as expected - you ignore the more obviously malicious, homophobic nonsense behavior of your party LEADERS that I point out in the same post. And why? To focus on the lesser story illustrating the mindset present exclusively in the GOP (supporting candidates for high office who are in favor of domestic terrorism) in order to denigrate me and condescend about me.

Charming, as usual.
    Last edited by zinderel; 03-25-2024 at 05:48 PM.

What legislation has UK government posted in last 10 years that is aimed at making life of trans kids tougher?

Compared to large majority of countries UK legal framework distinctly enlightened.
    Schools do not have to accept a child's request to socially transition

Trans youth will no longer be prescribed puberty blockers

Not to mention the constant attacks on the transgender community from members of the government.
    Rishi Sunak
    Suella Braverman
    Kemi Badenoch

Do you think it has nothing to do with the toxic atmosphere in the society and attacks (and murders) on trans people?
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Ultimate Member