Page 200 of 338 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250300 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 5069
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Typically the first step is to stop shooting at each other. Then people work towards some form of agreement. And sadly for the victims on both sides of this (both the civilians HAMAS killed or otherwise brutalized and the Palestinians who were bombed) reconciliation and justice are often an either/or choice. Getting one prevents the other unless there is total victory by one side.
    Exactly.

A ceasefire is the first step towards the end of the conflict.

The fact is Hamas isn't going to surrender nor can Israel wipe off Hamas without killing almost everyone in Gaza. This just isn't going to happen.

The Palestinians and the Israelis have to sit down and start talks. All the "extremism" of the two sides of the conflict really need to consider the long term interests of their people.

Typically the first step is to stop shooting at each other. Then people work towards some form of agreement. And sadly for the victims on both sides of this (both the civilians HAMAS killed or otherwise brutalized and the Palestinians who were bombed) reconciliation and justice are often an either/or choice. Getting one prevents the other unless there is total victory by one side.
    Netenyahu is a pretty big impediment himself. The settlements he supports makes the two state solution harder with every new house built.
    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

A ceasefire is the first step towards the end of the conflict.

The fact is Hamas isn't going to surrender nor can Israel wipe off Hamas without killing almost everyone in Gaza. This just isn't going to happen.

The Palestinians and the Israelis have to sit down and start talks. All the "extremism" of the two sides of the conflict really need to consider the long term interests of their people.
    Don't you understand that there is no future with Hamas? Nor there should be - they are a terrorist organization.

There is no way whatsoever that anyone will support a Palestinian State with Hamas at the head of that state. That's very clear.

Regarding Netanyahu, it's clear he needs to go and should be put on trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    McConnell endorses Trump after years of acrimony between the two men

Hive Mind, Repub Cult, or just IDGaD mentality
    McConnell once again proves himself a feckless coward. They all kiss the ring eventually.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Don't you understand that there is no future with Hamas? Nor there should be - they are a terrorist organization.

There is no way whatsoever that anyone will support a Palestinian State with Hamas at the head of that state. That's very clear.

Regarding Netanyahu, it's clear he needs to go and should be put on trial.
    That's the thing, neither Netanyahu nor Hamas are going anywhere at the moment.

Hamas can be crippled and disabled, but they can't be completely eliminated. Just like ISIS, Al Qaeda etc are still very active but have been degraded. The IRA was also labelled a terrorist group but has evolved several times into many different forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    That's the thing, neither Netanyahu nor Hamas are going anywhere at the moment.

Hamas can be crippled and disabled, but they can't be completely eliminated. Just like ISIS, Al Qaeda etc are still very active but have been degraded. The IRA was also labelled a terrorist group but has evolved several times into many different forms.
    There is no two state solution with Hamas and Netanyahu

There's a reason why the US have constantly mentioned having a Palestinian State with the PLO at its head - not Hamas.

Ultimate Member

There is no two state solution with Hamas and Netanyahu

There's a reason why the US have constantly mentioned having a Palestinian State with the PLO at its head - not Hamas.
    I agree.

The first step towards a solution is for the fighting to stop.

Everything else comes after that.

Netenyahu is a pretty big impediment himself. The settlements he supports makes the two state solution harder with every new house built.
    A wall has been built between the two communities… Who wants to deal with the other side?

There will always be extremists, die-hard partisans of violence… People of good will are not strong enough. They are not strong enough in Israel with a head of state as Netenyahu and they are surely not strong enough in Gaza, Hamas is a terrorist group but who fights for the Palestinians and for their rights?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    McConnell endorses Trump after years of acrimony between the two men

Hive Mind, Repub Cult, or just IDGaD mentality
    Imo Mitch McConnell can’t retire quickly enough.
    May his time after be short and filled with pain.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 03-06-2024 at 11:18 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    McConnell once again proves himself a feckless coward. They all kiss the ring eventually.
    Yes but which RING? I'm thinking Trumps butt!
    Hail Hydra!

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Dean Phillips drops out, endorses Biden:

In 2011, I hosted then VP Biden at my home. Most notable was his empathy and kindness to my daughters and the catering staff, with whom he sat and had ice cream (surprise-surprise). His decency and wisdom were rarities in politics then, and even more so today.

Over a decade later, the only thing that has changed is time - which slows all of us down a bit, including presidents.

I ran for Congress in 2018 to resist Donald Trump, I was trapped in the Capitol in 2021 because of Donald Trump, and I ran for President in 2024 to resist Donald Trump again - because Americans were demanding an alternative, and democracy demands options.

But it is clear that alternative is not me. And it is clear that Joe Biden is OUR candidate and OUR opportunity to demonstrate what type of country America is and intends to be.

To all who supported my effort, thank you. We will continue the important work to ensure a more responsive, democratic, and generationally diverse political system. But today, in light of the stark reality we face, I ask you join me in mobilizing, energizing, and doing everything you can to help keep a man of decency and integrity in the White House. That's Joe Biden.

Let's use invitation, not confrontation, to welcome Haley supporters, Trump supporters, and Uncommitted supporters to get this done. It's our calling, it's our legacy, and and it's our time. Onward with joy and patriotism!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    A wall has been built between the two communities… Who wants to deal with the other side?

There will always be extremists, die-hard partisans of violence… People of good will are not strong enough. They are not strong enough in Israel with a head of state as Netenyahu and they are surely not strong enough in Gaza, Hamas is a terrorist group but who fights for the Palestinians and for their rights?
    The bolded is the biggest problem now.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    No, but you have to start somewhere. There is no panacea that will solve everything. So stop demanding a perfect resolution that doesn't exist. Those who demand all or nothing usually get nothing.
    Isn't demanding that Hamas surrender before Israel will stop committing human rights abuses doing just that? It sounds like a variation on the abusive spouse narrative: "Sorry, kid, I have to beat you because your mom won't do as I say!"
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

During those 50+ years both sides have attacked each other and committed atrocities, a fact that you conveniently left out. On more than one occasion, Israel was attacked by a coalition of its neighbors, for example. Why do you think Gaza is even under Israel control right now, when it was a part of Egypt before? Perhaps you should study some history.
    By both sides, do you mean that every Palestinian deserves such treatment because there are some in Gaza who committed atrocities? If a mass murderer runs into an apartment building, do we bomb the whole building? Palestinians ≠ Hamas! Is that hard to understand?
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Isn't demanding that Hamas surrender before Israel will stop committing human rights abuses doing just that? It sounds like a variation on the abusive spouse narrative: "Sorry, kid, I have to beat you because your mom won't do as I say!"
    If the mom is a murderer and rapist, sure.

So, Trump has clearly lost weight.

Do you think it's because of:

- Ozempic injections

- Stress

- Cancer or some other disease

- A strenuous workout regime and a healthy diet?