Page 176 of 339 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226276 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 5077
    Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I think we've got more evidence for support for open borders.
    Stunning.
    We have, indeed, not.

Unless you mean the House GOP making sure the border stays as open as it is by blocking the bipartisan border bill.

God. What a joke.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    God. What a joke.
    It's sadly a standard Conservative move, they often can't actually rationally support what they are saying so they just obfuscate.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

It's behind a paywall, but from what I can gather:
    Trump Media's co-founders, big former Trump boosters, are suing the company, claiming Trump & allies are trying to cut them out of ~$300M in shares.

This lawsuit could imperil Truth Social merger — one of Trump's few lifelines after the NY fraud fine.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...edia-founders/

So I hear that Tyler Boebert made a sex tape with a child and robbed a woman who has a brain tumor.

Astonishing Member

Cornyn launches bid to succeed McConnell as GOP leader

Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) on Thursday officially announced a run to replace Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) as Republican leader, setting up what is expected to be a hotly contested race for the top spot in the conference.

“I am asking my Republican colleagues to give me the opportunity to succeed Leader McConnell,” Cornyn said in a statement. “Throughout my time I’ve built a track record of listening to colleagues and seeking consensus, while leading the fight to stop bad policies that are harmful to our nation and the conservative cause.”
    I will apologize on behalf of Texas for this old bastard

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Cornyn launches bid to succeed McConnell as GOP leader

I will apologize on behalf of Texas for this old bastard
    Online MAGA hates him. So this will get ugly. I'll get my popcorn.

MAGA candidate won't drop out of race after using slur against Special Olympics

After reports earlier this week that the pro-Trump, QAnon-promoting candidate would drop out over his attack on Special Olympics athletes, Majewski put out a statement making clear he would in fact do no such thing.

This latest decision to remain in the race comes after Majewski provoked outrage after he stated on a podcast, "Shout out to all the Democrats living in Mom's basement that like to talk sh-t on the Internet. You know, no matter how hard you try, arguing on the Internet, it's like being in the Special Olympics. No matter how good you perform, you still have… you're still f--king retarded at the end of the day."
    You know who else had little regard for people with disabilities? Do we maybe have a teacher here who could answer the question? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I've got no issue with a protest vote now. But if this conflict drags on until November, and these people decide to vote third party or something that swings the election to Trump, they are beyond stupid if they think that will help the Palestinians.
    Trump will double Israel's funding and urge them to bomb Gaza into dust. Biden has repeatedly urged Netanyahu to negotiate a cease fire so civilians can be evacuated.

So the Conservative SC is just going to drag this thing out as long as possible. Great.
    If the Trump vs Biden election is so fouled up by GOP rat-fuckery it creates a constitutional crisis guess what legal body will make the final decision?
    Apparently, McConnell touts his screwing over Merrick Garland and corrupting the SCOTUS with Federalist picks as one of his greatest achievements. Now we know why.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 02-29-2024 at 12:03 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

God. What a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Stunning.
    We have, indeed, not.

Unless you mean the House GOP making sure the border stays as open as it is by blocking the bipartisan border bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It's sadly a standard Conservative move, they often can't actually rationally support what they are saying so they just obfuscate.
    Note that, exactly as we say he does, he’s ignored any and all comments that contradict his claims? Those he hasn’t condescended to, or dismissed? And has continued running interference for far right extremism while claiming the lofty high ground of ‘just asking questions’ and ‘seeking clarity (except when clarity casts him in an unfavorable light)’…

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    for me, this thread gets boring when everyone is going after each other instead of going after the politicians and others who are causing so much trouble in the world.
    Tami, you aren’t wrong. It gets annoying when we’re discussing one another more than the topics at hand, but these manipulative tactics - and the arrogance they illustrate - have to be addressed, because they are absolutely in service to the politicians and others causing so much trouble in the world. Which is why he’s being called out by multiple people for the exact same stuff. It’s relevant to call out his tactics during an election year, when they might actually work on someone less aware of the realities of what the GOP stands for. If he wants to keep defending or ignoring the Nazis in his party, that’s fine. But people will justifiably call him out for doing so with every new example of the way his party seeks to strip away more rights from people they deem subhuman.
    Last edited by zinderel; 02-29-2024 at 12:18 PM.

So I hear that Tyler Boebert made a sex tape with a child and robbed a woman who has a brain tumor.
    When your father is a sex offender and domestic abuser, and your mother is Lauren friggin’ Boebert? What chance did he ever have at a normal, non-criminal life?

MAGA candidate won't drop out of race after using slur against Special Olympics

You know who else had little regard for people with disabilities? Do we maybe have a teacher here who could answer the question? Anyone?
    But, you know…it’s exaggerating and clearly being over-dramatic to point to this as yet another example of the stupidity, cruelty, and bigotry at the heart of the GOP’s version of Nazism.
    Last edited by zinderel; 02-29-2024 at 12:14 PM.

Mets consistantly doubling down on the Mets T-Shirt Standard is a shining example of the problem: he can not admit he made a ridiculous point and invented an arbitrary standard, when it is clear that he both did this *and* will not apply that standard evenly. This was pointed out to him once before with a specific example and his choice was to ignore that, like he does.
    If the new Vice Chairman of the RNC had a T-shirt with a fascist slogan, I suspect the board would consider it worth remarking on.

Stunning.
    We have, indeed, not.

By all accounts open supporters of open borders are in good standing in the Democratic party among elected officials and the shadow party of activists and media. This is a completely different goalpost from the question of whether fascism is worse than open borders.

You could consider how you want Republicans to shut down supporters of fascism, and whether Democrats are doing the same thing to shut down supporters of open borders.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    I don't want to beat this horse to the death if others want to move on from this topic, but if we are going to continue it, can we get some examples of equally terrible comments made by Disney employees that pissed of the right? For the sake of comparison.
    I'll note that I don't want anyone to get fired for political views or related behavior, unless it's something really extreme (closer to what Roseanne said.) Comments by Disney stars that would piss off the right that are at least as bad as a person writing on a Twitter profile that her pronouns are Beep/Bop/Boop (and I wouldn't call for anyone's firing) would include Pedro Pascal comparing the experiences of undocumented migrants in 2018 to people murdered by the Nazis in 1944, or comparing Trump supporters to confederates and Nazis, Samuel L Jackson tweeting about after-dick mints for Republicans who worked with Trump, Taika Waititi saying that Americans **** the bed after the 2016 election, and anyone calling for a ceasefire in Gaza.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Open borders(which I don't support) aren't the same as fascism, it's not even close.

And it was pretty much the consensus of the entire free world that American's **** the bed after the 2016 election and that it's incredibly worrying that Trump is even part of the discussion for the next president so it shouldn't be viewed as controversial for anyone else to say it.

Instead of feeling offended by that perhaps Republicans should stop and reflect on why so many people in the world disagree with their policies. But no, there will be no realization that they've gone off the deep end.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 02-29-2024 at 12:25 PM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I love it. CNN just had a professor from the U of Texas on who is an immigration expert and asked her to "explain to our international users why it's such an immense crisis on the US Southern Border."

And the lady just very calmly said that that's just the political rhetoric around it, that it's certainly a situation with humanitarian hardship, but nothing the US cannot handle and has not handled before.

Not the narrative the media has been feeding.