Page 278 of 349 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288328 ... LastLast
Results 4,156 to 4,170 of 5221

So it looks like y'all can chill, people can still misgender others in Scotland:

No One Ever Said J. K. Rowling Might Be Jailed for Misgendering

But I'm sure all the media panic served its purpose.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    So it looks like y'all can chill, people can still misgender others in Scotland:

transphobiauk.jpg

Just another day on TERF Island.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Suddenly, I wonder if Trump even gives a damn about those documents anymore, if the ultimate goal was to delay the trial by any means necessary.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Suddenly, I wonder if Trump even gives a damn about those documents anymore, if the ultimate goal was to delay the trial by any means necessary.
    Thing is even if the trial (trials) is (are)) delayed, if and when Trump loses the election it wont matter. He'll still be in hot water. The trick is too make sure that he loses the election.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Former supreme court judges say UK arming Israel breaches international law

I knew that the US was sending weapons to Israel, but I didn’t know about the UK…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post

I know it’s not something you want to “hear” but factually it’s not true that nobody said Rowling might be jailed for misgegendering people.

People have asked for it to happen, which is why Police have given a ruling on those words of hers already in public domain. (Not sure if that involved reading the Harry Potter and her detective novels under Galbraith name…)

And..of course…in recent Scottish Parliament debate, minister concerned admitted she wasn’t sure what Police would decide (on issue of Rowling’s arrest.j

Assuming Police decision is correct…I assume you believe it is…it’s now official that she didn’t commit the offence of hate speech, she just said offensive things. (Personally I think it’s a correct legal decision , but that Rowling should moderate her behaviour.)

Again, I don’t see why Tendrin refers to UK as “Terf Island”, as from my own experience it’s a comparatively enlightened place.
    Last edited by JackDaw; 04-03-2024 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Yup, Nikki got double digits in all the contests yesterday, and the protest vote against Biden is fizzling out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The guy who headed the protest vote movement in Michigan openly said it was about steering US policy - and while it is shifting slower than they would like, it IS shifting. People on the fence over it might be thinking it has already worked.
    "Uncommitted..." was fifteen percent of the vote in Rhode Island's Democratic Primary...

If Nikki getting double digits is noteworthy, how is "Uncommitted..." getting double digits something "Fizzling Out..."?

https://turnto10.com/politics/rhode-...an-independent

Rhode Island presidential preference primary returns

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I know it’s not something you want to “hear” but factually it’s not true that nobody said Rowling might be jailed for misgegendering people.

People have asked for it to happen, which is why Police have given a ruling on those words of hers already in public domain. (Not sure if that involved reading the Harry Potter and her detective novels under Galbraith name…)

And..of course…in recent Scottish Parliament debate, minister concerned admitted she wasn’t sure what Police would decide (on issue of Rowling’s arrest.j

Assuming Police decision is correct…I assume you believe it is…it’s now official that she didn’t commit the offence of hate speech, she just said offensive things. (Personally I think it’s a correct legal decision , but that Rowling should moderate her behaviour.)

Again, I don’t see why Tendrin refers to UK as “Terf Island”, as from my own experience it’s a comparatively enlightened place.
    Read the statistics I linked again. Reconsider your perspective and experiences.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    "Uncommitted..." was fifteen percent of the vote in Rhode Island's Democratic Primary...

If Nikki getting double digits is noteworthy, how is "Uncommitted..." getting double digits something "Fizzling Out..."?

https://turnto10.com/politics/rhode-...an-independent
    It did much worse in the other primaries yesterday. Rhode Island has the population size of the city of Cologne, Germany.

It did much worse in the other primaries yesterday. Rhode Island has the population size of the city of Cologne, Germany.
    Which ones?

From the looks of things it was also double digits in in Connecticut.

Seems like there was one primary where it didn't really play in. Otherwise, it was double digits and at over eight percent in Wisconsin.

(Never mind that Phillips/Williamson are still getting a small piece of the pie...)

Which ones?

From the looks of things it was also double digits in in Connecticut.

Seems like there was one primary where it didn't really play in. Otherwise, it was double digits and at over eight percent in Wisconsin.

(Never mind that Phillips/Williamson are still getting a small piece of the pie...)
    How did the big online campaign to "vote blank" in New York work out?

Republicans Worry They Could Lose the House—Before the Election

When Republicans gained control of the House in November 2022, many in Washington wondered how they would be able to govern effectively with one of the slimmest majorities in history. Some Democrats even speculated if they might be able to take back the House before the term ended.

Sixteen months later, as the Republican majority has shrunk even further, House Speaker Mike Johnson is admitting that possibility. He told Fox News on Monday that there is a slim chance he could lose the speakership to Democratic House leader Hakeem Jeffries in the next few weeks amid a wave of early retirements.
    As Republicans grapple with the ongoing wave of early retirements, party leadership has little room for error as even a single additional departure could tip the scales in favor of the Democrats, which has never happened in the middle of a congressional term. Buck, who stepped down in March due to what he called growing dysfunction in Congress, has hinted that Republicans could see more resignations in the coming months if bitter divisions inside the GOP continue to escalate.

How did the big online campaign to "vote blank" in New York work out?
    If the New York state primary was the only primary that took place this week?

I guess that would feel like it actually amounts to something.

Meanwhile, out in actual reality?

In most of the primaries that took place, some version of "Uncommitted..." came in at at least eight percent.

Don't know if I think it(or Haley still getting roughly similar numbers...) will amount to much, but it also does not exactly feel like it is "Fizzling Out... " or whatever.

"At least 8%" - and how is that different from previous election years?

If the New York state primary was the only primary that took place this week?

I guess that would feel like it actually amounts to something.

Meanwhile, out in actual reality?

In most of the primaries that took place, some version of "Uncommitted..." came in at at least eight percent.

Don't know if I think it(or Haley still getting roughly similar numbers...) will amount to much, but it also does not exactly feel like it is "Fizzling Out... " or whatever.
    "At least 8%" - and how is that different from previous election years?
    Making a "protest vote" in what is effectively a meaningless Primary is very different from making a protest vote in November when the stakes will be incredibly high. Most of these people will not be dumb enough to vote uncommitted and hand Trump the win in November.