Page 312 of 355 FirstFirst ... 212262302308309310311312313314315316322 ... LastLast
Results 4,666 to 4,680 of 5317
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Those numbers aren't correct if you look at the full picture of removals and returns. Besides the CNN article, the granularity behind the numbers is on the Migration Policy Institute website:
    https://www.migrationpolicy.org/arti...r-chief-or-not

I believe the figures you are using only consider "removals", not "returns" - but deportation is both. On "removals" alone, Obama is the 'winner'. But on total deportations, he's not even close.

Please note that I am not defending what Mets is saying/ not saying, btw. Nor am I saying that deporting more = good, deporting less = bad. I think it's more nuanced than that, and at different times there is differing pressure on the migration system.
    None of which changes anything that was said regarding Republican bigotry and policy.

Once again proving the original point — that you don’t care about the racism and bigotry in question.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    None of which changes anything that was said regarding Republican bigotry and policy.

Once again proving the original point — that you don’t care about the racism and bigotry in question.
    I don't care, why do you say that? I mean, I don't vote in the US but I would never vote for the GOP (I would only ever consider voting for them if the party transforms itself significantly, which isn't likely to happen at all, given the way things are)
    Last edited by hyped78; 04-19-2024 at 01:31 AM.

Ultimate Member

I don't care, why do you say that?
    he asked, after ignoring all discussion of Republican homophobia and bigotry to focus on an irrelevant detail regarding exact deportation numbers rather than the racist misrepresentation of Democratic border policy.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 04-19-2024 at 01:38 AM.

he asked, after ignoring all discussion of Republican homophobia and bigotry to focus on an irrelevant detail
    As I've mentioned, I haven't read pages and pages of posts/discussion, nor do I honestly care to do so.

I was having a nice breakfast, read your comment, which contained wrong data/assumption - if you think that's an "irrelevant detail", then why did you even write that it had been "established that bla bla"? Next time you can just leave out that "irrelevant detail", and so you don't risk getting corrected and you get folks to instead concentrate on the core of your message/argument

How would you characterize Biden's border policy, thus far?
    Last edited by hyped78; 04-19-2024 at 01:48 AM.

Ultimate Member

As I've mentioned, I haven't read pages and pages of posts/discussion, nor do I honestly care to do so.

I was having a nice breakfast, read your comment, which contained wrong data/assumption - if you think that's an "irrelevant detail", then why did you even write that it had been "established that bla bla"? Next time you can just leave out that "irrelevant detail", and so you don't risk getting corrected and you get folks to instead concentrate on the core of your message/argument
    That can be done regardless of whether you agree with the source in question.

Thanks for the confirmation of the original argument regardless.

That can be done regardless of whether you agree with the source in question.

Thanks for the confirmation of the original argument regardless.
    It's not a question about agreeing with the source, it's that the source you used is using incomplete figures, only using "removals" instead of also using "returns". I sent you the full numbers, as referred in the CNN article (ironically the deporter in chief is a Democrat, but it's Clinton), you are free to read and understand or to ignore.
    You have an interesting bar as to what constitutes an "irrelevant detail", to say the least...

You're projecting your "confirmation of the original argument", which I'm not even sure what it's supposed to be. I think Mets doesn't address the racism and bigotry in the GOP and you don't address (or you dismiss) the border situation. One is worse than the other but they are not mutually exclusive.

"Parents Rights Movement" - never heard of that.

Racism is bad. Bigotry is bad. These are universal values.
    Last edited by hyped78; 04-19-2024 at 02:16 AM.

Ultimate Member

You have an interesting bar as to what constitutes an "irrelevant detail", to say the least...

You're projecting your "confirmation of the original argument", which I'm not even sure what it's supposed to be. I think Mets doesn't address the racism and bigotry in the GOP and you don't address (or you dismiss) the border situation. One is worse than the other but they are not mutually exclusive..
    Now you are just lying to try to argue — no one “dismissed” the border issue.

Can’t say you weren’t given a shot — it’s a shame nothing has changed.

Now you are just lying to try to argue — no one “dismissed” the border issue.

Can’t say you weren’t given a shot — it’s a shame nothing has changed.
    You haven't dismissed the border issue? I asked you some posts ago: "How would you characterize Biden's border policy, thus far?" (post #4669) You didn't reply at all.

Apparently you ignored the question, so apparently you're failing to acknowledge the border issue, no? (like Mets is failing to acknowledge racism and bigotry in the GOP, when you ask him)

But feel free to point me to a past post where you've actually acknowledged the border issue, instead of dismissing the whole thing as "racism" or "but the GOP" (shutting down the bipartisan bill). Please point me to a post of yours, instead of calling me a liar, which just reflects badly on you.

"cant' say you weren’t given a shot" - I don't need you giving me 'a shot', thank you.
    Last edited by hyped78; 04-19-2024 at 07:44 AM.

Ultimate Member

You haven't dismissed the border issue? I asked you some posts ago: "How would you characterize Biden's border policy, thus far?" (post #4669)

Apparently you ignored the question, so apparently you're failing to acknowledge the border issue, no? (like Mets is failing to acknowledge racism and bigotry in the GOP, when you ask him)

"you weren’t given a shot" - I don't need you giving me 'a shot', thank you.
    You’re welcome.

And to be clear — Mets is not being “asked” to acknowledge anything.

Factual observations are made about the party which he supports and this upsets him — he can address said issues or ignore them but others will not.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 04-19-2024 at 02:35 AM.

You’re welcome.
    So again, you dismiss/ fail to address the border issue, after being directly prompted about it. Noted.

You can't really ask of others (Mets) what you don't do yourself.

If anything, Democrats need to be more vocal about fixing the border, like Sen. Ossoff was with Mayorkas (video posted earlier) or the statements by Mayor Adams in NYC, etc.
    Last edited by hyped78; 04-19-2024 at 02:36 AM.

Ultimate Member

So again, you dismiss/ fail to address the border issue, after being directly prompted about it. Noted.

You can't really ask of others (Mets) what you don't do yourself.
    Mets is not being “asked” anything — read the posts of others before commenting.

Adios.

Mets is not being “asked” anything — read the posts of others before commenting.

Adios.
    If you say that Mets "fails to address", it's because he might have been asked to address something, no? It seems logical.

On the other hand, I've asked you to address the border situation and you've chosen not to. Obviously you're not forced to, but I wonder why! And I think I've been polite to you, you jusy don't seem to have a good attitude.
    Last edited by hyped78; 04-19-2024 at 02:50 AM.

Ultimate Member

That's old news (I was referring to that some pages ago when I mentioned the GOP). We all know the GOP did that for purely political game reasons, to try to win votes. If you had watched the more recent Ossoff video I posted, he clearly mentions that, before asking Mayorkas to fix the border.
    The situation with the border didn't start in 2024, btw.

How is this related to your position regarding the border, where you attack others for having "racist" positions about the border but then you actually don't say what your position is, dodging the issue.
    Last edited by hyped78; 04-19-2024 at 03:48 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Clearly, Qpublicans dismissed the border issue, mainly because Trump told them to so he'd have something to campaign against Biden on.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!