Page 201 of 360 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 5399

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    So, Trump has clearly lost weight.

Do you think it's because of:

- Ozempic injections

- Stress

- Cancer or some other disease

- A strenuous workout regime and a healthy diet?
    My money is on anything but 4.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    During those 50+ years both sides have attacked each other and committed atrocities, a fact that you conveniently left out. On more than one occasion, Israel was attacked by a coalition of its neighbors, for example. Why do you think Gaza is even under Israel control right now, when it was a part of Egypt before? Perhaps you should study some history.

If Hamas hadn't kidnapped (and raped, murdered) hostages, they wouldn't have run the risk of getting killed by either side. They would've been at home with their families.
    You conveniently leave out, in your history lesson, the fact that the 1948 Arab–Israeli War started just months after the UN Partition Plan decided that, after the British left, some other Europeans were going to stay in their place.

The footage I've seen of Palestinians (not necessarily Hamas members) killing unarmed Israelis, doesn't preclude the possession of weapons just before the clip starts. Most settlers carry weapons, all have military training and even the people at the concert had armed security. I haven't seen a single Palestinian killing a hostage. I haven't seen any proof of rape, neither has the UN found any. I saw the press conference a couple of days ago, and that woman wasn't very convincing, she kept speaking of "reasonable grounds" and such and, when questioned, admitted she wasn't looking for evidence. It wasn't her job.

About the "at home with their families" bit. They aren't aren't home anywhere in Palestine. There were Jews living peacefully there, before WWI, and they had a home, not afterwards. Is that hard to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Pretty much.

The main impediment to a two-state solution is the actions of supporters of Palestine.
    Like in the West Bank, where there's no Hamas, you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Typically the first step is to stop shooting at each other. Then people work towards some form of agreement. And sadly for the victims on both sides of this (both the civilians HAMAS killed or otherwise brutalized and the Palestinians who were bombed) reconciliation and justice are often an either/or choice. Getting one prevents the other unless there is total victory by one side.
    This seems to be a situation where total victory is needed.

It's similar to Russia and Ukraine, as well as past conflicts- What Hamas did is Nazi-level.

It's not only about a desire for justice, but I don't think you can expect people in Israel to feel safe if Gaza and the West bank are run by people who support mass rape and murder.

If the mom is a murderer and rapist, sure.
    I was going to say something similar but not as clever.

- Ozempic injections

- Stress

If any celebrity/ rich person (someone who can afford $10,000 a year on this stuff) lost weight, it's probably Ozempic.

Quote Originally Posted by comictimes View Post
    You conveniently leave out, in your history lesson, the fact that the 1948 Arab–Israeli War started just months after the UN Partition Plan decided that, after the British left, some other Europeans were going to stay in their place.

The footage I've seen of Palestinians (not necessarily Hamas members) killing unarmed Israelis, doesn't preclude the possession of weapons just before the clip starts. Most settlers carry weapons, all have military training and even the people at the concert had armed security. I haven't seen a single Palestinian killing a hostage. I haven't seen any proof of rape, neither has the UN found any. I saw the press conference a couple of days ago, and that woman wasn't very convincing, she kept speaking of "reasonable grounds" and such and, when questioned, admitted she wasn't looking for evidence. It wasn't her job.

About the "at home with their families" bit. They aren't aren't home anywhere in Palestine. There were Jews living peacefully there, before WWI, and they had a home, not afterwards. Is that hard to understand?

Like in the West Bank, where there's no Hamas, you mean?
    This is why I said "supporters of Palestine" and not just Hamas.

If the Palestinian government were competently run, the schools and public media didn't teach garbage about hunting Jews, and there was cooperation into criminal investigations whenever anyone launched a rocket, we would have a two state solution.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

One of the races to watch this year will be the race for Governor of North Carolina, where the state's Attorney General Democrat Josh Stein will face off against the Republican Lieutenant Governor Mark Robinson. And WBE, if you are reading, you have my condolences on this gem, as Robinson:
    - Is a Holocaust Denier, calling it 'hogwash'
    - Wants a total ban on abortion
    - Has called LGBTQ people filth and says that transgendered people should be arrested if they use the 'wrong' bathroom
    - Is an election denier
    - Has called teachers 'wicked people'
    - Called the Civil Rights Movement 'crap'
    - Said he owned an assault rifle in case the government got to big for it's britches.
    - Has said that black people should be PAYING reparations

And that's just the high(?)lights.

Perspective: Liberal cowards join in the Supreme Court’s unanimous ruling in favor of Trump
    The unanimous ruling in favor of Trump, clearing the way for him to appear on the ballot in the 2024 US presidential election despite the fact that he led a violent coup attempt after he lost the 2020 election, is another milestone in the decay of American democracy and in the normalization of the far right.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Hunger and starvation intensifying in Gaza
    https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/202.../ouno-m06.html
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

JUST IN: SCOTUS schedules Trump immunity oral argument for April 25—the last day of hearings this term.

Truly shameful.

- Ozempic injections

- Stress

His wallet!
    Hail Hydra!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

- Ozempic injections

- Stress

Workout regime? Healthy diet? To quote Ted Kord: BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thanks for the good laugh!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Perspective: Liberal cowards join in the Supreme Court’s unanimous ruling in favor of Trump
    The unanimous ruling in favor of Trump, clearing the way for him to appear on the ballot in the 2024 US presidential election despite the fact that he led a violent coup attempt after he lost the 2020 election, is another milestone in the decay of American democracy and in the normalization of the far right.
    Given all the circumstances I do not see how any fair judge on the Supreme Court could give any other ruling. The failure (in this case at least) lies elswhere…he needed to be prosecuted in a criminal court and found guilty.

JUST IN: SCOTUS schedules Trump immunity oral argument for April 25—the last day of hearings this term.

Truly shameful.
    US politics constantly surprises me.

But I’m going to make a prediction. And just for once “put my money where my mouth is”.

Here goes: there is no way that “Team Trump” can win that one. To grant immunity for anything he’s done in a personal capacity (as opposed to acts carried out in discharge of Presidential duties) is completely against all the tenets of natural justice.

If that prediction turns out to be wrong will donate 50 quid to Salvation Army…I think I’d have to encourage some one to fight on my side in the Apocalypse that would follow.

Ultimate Member

Nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    US politics constantly surprises me.

But I’m going to make a prediction. And just for once “put my money where my mouth is”.

Here goes: there is no way that “Team Trump” can win that one. To grant immunity for anything he’s done in a personal capacity (as opposed to acts carried out in discharge of Presidential duties) is completely against all the tenets of natural justice.

If that prediction turns out to be wrong will donate 50 quid to Salvation Army…I think I’d have to encourage some one to fight on my side in the Apocalypse that would follow.
    I agree, but I believe that is exactly why the case was scheduled for the last day of the term. I bet it's going to be the last decision released as well. Even though they aren't willing to decide this in Trump's favor, they will play the schedule to his benefit.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    McConnell endorses Trump after years of acrimony between the two men

Hive Mind, Repub Cult, or just IDGaD mentality
    Well, it is the most Republican thing he could ever do.

- Ozempic injections

- Stress

3 is my lucky number.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe