Page 368 of 368 FirstFirst ... 268318358364365366367368
Results 5,506 to 5,515 of 5515

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Hamas has accepted a ceasefire proposal from Egypt and Quatar that will see the release of 33 hostages for a 40 day ceasefire.
    Now we see who breaks the cease fire first…

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Sen. Tim Scott dodges questions on whether he will accept 2024 Election Results

Everyone has to kiss the ring of Trump these days. I don't know how they can look themselves in the mirror
    To me, he did not dodge it.
    He very clearly said that if the election result shows Biden winning, they WILL overthrow the government and appoint Trump.

When asked if they would accept a loss, he said:

"At the end of the day, the 47th president of the United States will be President Donald Trump," Scott, a Republican, said the first time he was directly asked whether he would commit to accepting the election results on NBC News' "Meet the Press."
    That is not dodging. That is a clear "no we will not accept a loss."

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Is that pessimism or nihilism?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    My money's on Hamas, if not them, then a proxy.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    To me, he did not dodge it.
    He very clearly said that if the election result shows Biden winning, they WILL overthrow the government and appoint Trump.

When asked if they would accept a loss, he said:

That is not dodging. That is a clear "no we will not accept a loss."
    To be honest, I didn't see it that way. Tim Oreo is slurping Trump in hope of becoming his running mate (won't happen), so he spewed that stupid nonsense to kiss up to the Nodfather. There will be no repeat of 2020, that much I'm certain about, and, like four years ago, Qpublicans WILL take it on the chin again.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    However, Trump's legal team will more than likely find a sympathetic right wing judge who will hear the case, regardless of the stupidity.

Exactly that, and more.
    Luckily Amarillo isn't part of that circuit on the federal level, so they can't be assured of getting the specific lawless idiot they want.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Is that pessimism or nihilism?
    It’s…a soupçon of both.

I’ve been alive too long and seen too many Middle East ‘peace talks’ collapse. And I have zero faith in Hamas being honorable, and zero faith that Netanyahu will stop his aggression even if Hamas IS honorable.

I think you’re right. I’m sure Hamas will do something stupid and violent and screw it all up. Probably kill some Israeli children, or seize another aid caravan intended for the starving civilians. And Netanyahu will use that as an excuse to kill tens of thousands of Palestinian civilians, in retaliation.

And the cycle will continue…as it has for decades. And children on both sides will continue to suffer and die over whose magic book is true…

To be honest, I didn't see it that way. Tim Oreo is slurping Trump in hope of becoming his running mate (won't happen), so he spewed that stupid nonsense to kiss up to the Nodfather. There will be no repeat of 2020, that much I'm certain about, and, like four years ago, Qpublicans WILL take it on the chin again.
    Of course it will be Hamas. Maybe they’ll wait a while but it will definitely be them.

This horror show is going exactly like they hoped it would.

Commit a terrorist attack so brutal that it goads the lunatic Netanyahu into going way overboard with his response and Israel comes off looking like the brutal oppressors and loses support from the west.

It used to be taboo to even question Israel’s actions but now a whole generation of young people are very much opposed to supporting them.

This could very well give Trump the election which would throw the world into even more chaos. The point of a terrorist attack is to disrupt, and spread fear and hatred. They obviously know they can’t beat Israel and the west with just firepower. But the Oct 7th attack will have very long lasting effects.
    Last edited by Robotman; Today at 12:17 PM.

TBH My money is on Netanyahu and/or his people in government. I can't see them accepting a cease fire when the temptation to take action is staring them in the face.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    TBH My money is on Netanyahu and/or his people in government. I can't see them accepting a cease fire when the temptation to take action is staring them in the face.
    From the sounds of it Netenyahu isn't even accepting it, and still plans to start the next offensive.
    Dark does not mean deep.