Page 235 of 341 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239245285335 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 5108
    BANNED

"Children [returned to Ukraine] say that it is better for them in Russia, they see more opportunities for themselves to realize themselves there. This is a problem" Alexander Pavlichenko.

Aired on Kiev 24 a week ago, not available on their YouTube channel. I already had the audio checked, this is the translation:

"that some of the children who arrived from these territories, after returning to Ukraine, aspire to go back to Russia as they study there, better conditions were created for them and they see themselves better realized there. And this is a problem because inclusion in various processes is permanent attention and, let's say, the involvement of those children who are returned is not to abandon them, so to speak. They are back and that's already progress which can be stopped"

*eyeroll*.

Anyway.
    In a federal court settlement last week, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ signature “don’t say gay” law — which cost the state millions in business and led to the governor attempting to subjugate a noncompliant Disney — was dealt a significant blow. This comes as the legislature abandoned more than 20 other anti-LGBTQ bills in a sign of a changing tide.

DeSantis’ sleight of hand here was to represent the law as a very narrow targeting of certain kinds of specific speech at particular ages — the boogeyman of a pre-K teacher telling a 3-year-old that maybe they were a different gender, which is much easier to argue is improper.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/editorial...080000921.html

Ultimate Member

“Black gay Republican claims GOP lawmaker took part in racist & anti-gay heckling at right-wing event”

Video clearly shows Missouri State Representative Chris Lonsdale (R) among the crowd surrounding and taunting Rob Smith.

“Rob Smith first posted about the encounter late last year. He wrote in a December 18 X post, “Last night in Phoenix, I was confronted and surrounded by some White Supremacists that don’t like gays or blacks in the Republican Party.”

“However, I served in Iraq,” he said, after detailing the slurs that were hurled at him. “I never back down. Ever.”

Video included in the post showed a group of young white men mocking Smith as he recorded a video of himself on his smartphone repeatedly saying, “I’ve got fans!” The men then started chanting, “Gay sex.” Smith replied, “Yes, [white nationalist broadcaster] Nick Fuentes loves gay sex.” The crowd then booed him. One man in the crowd can be heard saying, “No, he doesn’t,” before another led the group in chanting, “fa***t.” The group then started chanting, “America First….”

“These people started yelling disgusting slurs at [Smith],” the far-right organization said in a statement. “He responded well and held his ground, but this should have never happened to Rob. What’s captured in the video posted by Rob is truly abhorrent, disgusting behavior and it’s unacceptable anyone should have to endure that type of treatment.”

Smith, a U.S. Army veteran and former contributor to LGBTQ Nation sibling site Queerty, “came out” as a conservative in 2018, telling The Daily Mail that he had switched to the Republican party.

On Monday, however, Smith announced that he had left the Republican party.“

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2024/03/...ht-wing-event/
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-19-2024 at 02:31 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Yeah I was thinking just sell him Truth social or something.

He’s just as likely to sell the Saudis, Russia, China and North Korea a few classified documents.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-19-2024 at 03:03 AM.

Ultimate Member

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    “Black gay Republican claims GOP lawmaker took part in racist & anti-gay heckling at right-wing event”

Video clearly shows Missouri State Representative Chris Lonsdale (R) among the crowd surrounding and taunting Rob Smith.

“Rob Smith first posted about the encounter late last year. He wrote in a December 18 X post, “Last night in Phoenix, I was confronted and surrounded by some White Supremacists that don’t like gays or blacks in the Republican Party.”

“However, I served in Iraq,” he said, after detailing the slurs that were hurled at him. “I never back down. Ever.”

Video included in the post showed a group of young white men mocking Smith as he recorded a video of himself on his smartphone repeatedly saying, “I’ve got fans!” The men then started chanting, “Gay sex.” Smith replied, “Yes, [white nationalist broadcaster] Nick Fuentes loves gay sex.” The crowd then booed him. One man in the crowd can be heard saying, “No, he doesn’t,” before another led the group in chanting, “fa***t.” The group then started chanting, “America First….”

“These people started yelling disgusting slurs at [Smith],” the far-right organization said in a statement. “He responded well and held his ground, but this should have never happened to Rob. What’s captured in the video posted by Rob is truly abhorrent, disgusting behavior and it’s unacceptable anyone should have to endure that type of treatment.”

Smith, a U.S. Army veteran and former contributor to LGBTQ Nation sibling site Queerty, “came out” as a conservative in 2018, telling The Daily Mail that he had switched to the Republican party.

To quote a line from a Sherlock Holmes story (The Man With The Twisted Lip), "It is better to learn wisdom late than to never learn it at all". However, Smith should've known he'd get sh*t on for A) being black, and B) being gay. The fact he got through that evening and lived to tell about it was remarkable in itself. Now he knows beyond any shadow of doubt the Qpublican Party has ZERO tolerance for minorities and gays.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Six former Mississippi law enforcement officers who pleaded guilty to a long list of state and federal charges for torturing two Black men will be sentenced by a federal judge starting Tuesday.

U.S. District Judge Tom Lee will sentence two defendants each day on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday after twice delaying the proceedings. Each faces the potential of decades behind bars.

The former law officers admitted in August to subjecting Michael Corey Jenkins and Eddie Terrell Parker to numerous acts of racially motivated, violent torture. In a January 2023 episode, the group of six burst into a Rankin County home without a warrant and assaulted Michael Corey Jenkins and Eddie Parker with stun guns, a sex toy and other objects.

The terror began on Jan. 24, 2023, with a racist call for extrajudicial violence.

A white person phoned Rankin County Deputy Brett McAlpin and complained that two Black men were staying with a white woman at a house in Braxton, Mississippi. McAlpin told Deputy Christian Dedmon, who texted a group of white deputies so willing to use excessive force they called themselves “The Goon Squad.”
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/6-former-...043844273.html

Ultimate Member

Geez, how racist was the police force that someone could confidently report interracial dating and expect a positive (for them) response?

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Musk, much like JK Rowling, is a good example of 'wealth rots your brain'.
    He was born with both.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Trump is trying to get Musk to bail him out. My assumption. Musk is likely dumb enough to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    I think he does not have time for that. They will seize his assets at firesale value.
    After burning so much money on twitter and the Tesla stock losing a third of its value, I doubt Apartheid Clyde can just cough up half a billion bucks on short notice, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Yes. He should be made to sell his assets. Or if not, he gets no appeal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Ok, I literally LOL.

Also, one would think Trump's son-in-law would have funds aplenty after dealing with VIPs in Saudia Arabia.
    Considering how close Trump & his family is to foreign dictators & investors from hostile foreign powers, I think they are going to have to sneak any money to him through somewhat legitimate means. Considering the eyes on thismoney, I don't think that will be easily possible, but I have no doubts that they will try. I have my doubts that Musk will see any profit in trying to prop up Trump when he spurned the offer to return to Twitter.

You guys are the best.
    It's always nice to be appreciated for doing what you'd do without it.

The repeated misuse of 'grooming' by hateful bigots to paint a target on people is harmful to survivors of *actual* grooming, to say nothing of the violence that often accompanies the accusation.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/free-mom-...113902653.html
    The GoP loves accusations of Groomer, except when they are refusing to outlaw child marriage or shown GoP members that have groomed others.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    To quote a line from a Sherlock Holmes story (The Man With The Twisted Lip), "It is better to learn wisdom late than to never learn it at all". However, Smith should've known he'd get sh*t on for A) being black, and B) being gay. The fact he got through that evening and lived to tell about it was remarkable in itself. Now he knows beyond any shadow of doubt the Qpublican Party has ZERO tolerance for minorities and gays.
    Slurs, Threats, and Hate, even towards their own if they aren't the allowed type.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Geez, how racist was the police force that someone could confidently report interracial dating and expect a positive (for them) response?
    Hmmm, that such animus against interracial dating still exists and was embraced to the level of torture by American conservatives in positions of authority seems to disprove past claims that we were exaggerating concerns about it. I don't expect any acceptance of that or admittance of wrong, but it is worth pointing out.

Quote Originally Posted by comictimes View Post
    "Children [returned to Ukraine] say that it is better for them in Russia, they see more opportunities for themselves to realize themselves there. This is a problem" Alexander Pavlichenko.

Aired on Kiev 24 a week ago, not available on their YouTube channel. I already had the audio checked, this is the translation:

"that some of the children who arrived from these territories, after returning to Ukraine, aspire to go back to Russia as they study there, better conditions were created for them and they see themselves better realized there. And this is a problem because inclusion in various processes is permanent attention and, let's say, the involvement of those children who are returned is not to abandon them, so to speak. They are back and that's already progress which can be stopped"

UKRAINE’S STOLEN CHILDREN

Systemic stealing of children is genocide.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Slava Ukraini!

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

My dad was a POW with the Americans and he was always grateful it was them and not the Russians who captured him after he had deserted Hitler's army somewhere in Belgium. For one, he survived. They gave him enough food and clean living quarters. They also let him work as a translator and taught him how to drive so he could work for them as a chauffeur. He was 17 to 19 years old while he was in the POW camp.

My dad was a POW with the Americans and he was always grateful it was them and not the Russians who captured him after he had deserted Hitler's army somewhere in Belgium. For one, he survived. They gave him enough food and clean living quarters. They also let him work as a translator and taught him how to drive so he could work for them as a chauffeur. He was 17 to 19 years old while he was in the POW camp.
    Kudos to your dad for deserting!
    Slava Ukraini!

My Dad guarded German POWs. Maybe they knew each other.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!