Page 358 of 358 FirstFirst ... 258308348354355356357358
Results 5,356 to 5,360 of 5360

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    You have repeatedly done so on this forum but there is no point in wasting time making this about you when it isn't -- that is a separate issue where your deliberate ignorance of evidence is just a symptom of a larger problem.

Feel free to comment or don't -- it's your choice -- but don't lie and attempt to misrepresent others as "extreme" regarding your party's bigotry in arguments when you could just comment on the bigotry in question.

Every post you spend avoiding discussing the videos posted documenting exactly what is being discussed is just further evidence that you'd rather discuss anything but the evidence provided.

If you really want to prove your claim that you address bigotry, then just address the documented bigotry.

And if you truly think you are on the "right side" when your party is openly breaking laws in attempting to keep black people from voting then you should explain why it is acceptable to support said party.
    If you think I should respond to a video, you could ask me to comment on it. "Mets, what do you think about this news report?" would be an example of a non-loaded question.

Otherwise I don't think there's any reason to expect a response from a poster to a general comment.

You seem to like videos and post these frequently. Sometimes you don't clarify why the video is compelling to you, or why anyone should care. That can appear evasive since you're not willing to commit to what aspects of the video you agree with, or to what extent.

I don't watch cable news all that much, so I'm less inclined to respond to those kinds of posts. There is also the issue that people are often not always going to be able to watch videos when they're on CBR. Either they don't have the time or they're in an environment where reading is acceptable, but headphones/ political audio blaring from a device is not.

I don't think I'm misrepresenting particular statements of yours as extreme. Sometimes you say things that go beyond the normal limit. This would include the expectation that someone online watches a video that you posted and responds to it. Or when you went after me personally in response to a comment I made on news item posted by someone else. Or your expressed views that Republicans only care about power and forcing others to bow to a white nationalist agenda. And then there's the response to left-wing posters who aren't sufficiently partisan.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I think we have to remember that many of these college protesters are 18, 19, or 20 years old. Still basically kids.

I’m definitely not saying that young people’s opinions don’t matter but do you remember what you were like at 19? I sure as hell was a lot less rational than I am at 40. In collage I was a firebrand who wanted to change the world, but looking back I clearly didn’t have a full understanding of many of the issues I was passionate about.

We’re taking quotes from these supposed leaders of a movement who are still incredibly young. Unfortunately their quotes and actions can have a detrimental effect on events thanks to social media and sensationalist news.
    We should also consider that since media organizations are all about viewership they aren’t incentivized to air the interviews of the people who have non-controversial opinions.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    If you think I should respond to a video, you could ask me to comment on it. "Mets, what do you think about this news report?" would be an example of a non-loaded question..
    Still no factual data-based response to your party's blatant racism and bigotry despite being provided numerous examples of said behavior.

As stated earilier there is nothing more to discuss.

To be clear: no one needs to ask you what you think about white nationalists running your party -- especially when you dodge facts about them and defend their views.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I don't think I'm misrepresenting particular statements of yours as extreme. Sometimes you say things that go beyond the normal limit.
    As someone who supports a party of white nationalists led by a white nationalist, you do not get to determine the "limit" for other people -- whether on this forum or otherwise.

One can easily construe that as racist behavior in that it marginalizes the concerns of those who are targeted by racist Republican policies.

If there truly were no "limit" you'd hear exactly what you need to hear about supporting racists and trying to dictate and police the behavior of those your party victimizes.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; Today at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I think we have to remember that many of these college protesters are 18, 19, or 20 years old. Still basically kids.
    Yeah, generally this is what I try to keep in mind. Also, it's not that long ago that students went through school without the panopticon of social media making a permanent record of every tiny detail of their lives.

We’re taking quotes from these supposed leaders of a movement who are still incredibly young. Unfortunately their quotes and actions can have a detrimental effect on events thanks to social media and sensationalist news.
    But some of them aren't so young as to be given this much of a berth. The student who made the comments about Columbia starving students is 33.

And at least some of the most awful stuff that's been said has been said by professors.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Great points here. I think a lot of the protesters just don't think things through. They have a simplistic understanding of the issues and don't want to listen to anyone else. Kind of sad really.
    Moronic college students not thinking. Hey now, who needs to think when mommy and daddy are footing the bill. Honestly, fuck those poseur type protestors.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.