Page 167 of 339 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217267 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 5072
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    After doing a couple of movies for Daily Wire, she's now trying to sue to get Disney to re-hire her supposedly.
    She should wait and get cast in their version of Snow White. I mean....if your career is this bad , go for the GOLD. lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Yes.

People are so mean to the disadvantaged millionaire celebrity in a high-profile gig, with a team of handlers and assistants, who outed herself as a transphobe and anti-Semite when she said transphobic and anti-Semitic things, and then doubled down on them after she got fired.

Why won’t people stop being so classist?! She has too much money to waste time on Google! She’s too busy to educate herself even SLIGHTLY before speaking publicly! It’s unfair and condescending and mean to call a famous person a transphobe or an anti-Semite just because her off-the-cuff statements were transphobic and anti-Semitic, and her actions afterwards showed that she was transphobic and anti-Semitic, and she didn’t have even the slightest modicum of compassion towards trans people (or the slightest self-awareness about her anti-semitism).

And facing CONSEQUENCES for the things she said? That’s just persecution of her religious and political views, and Disney should be sued.

…OR…she said and did stupid **** and is facing the consequences of her actions from a society that has had enough of willful stupidity and deliberate cruelty in the name of Jesus and opinionshAmerica. And bringing her up as an example of a ‘victim of leftist extremism’ when the GOP presidential front runner is literally a Russian asset, and the GOP are openly fighting to oppress women and queer folx and people of color?

Sus, bro.
    Her argument seems to be that she compared the treatment of conservatives in this country to the beginnings of Naziism and then Disney proved her right in how they reacted, spread opinions she believed were true about Covid and that most conservatives including the president were saying), and refused to add personal pronouns to her twitter or x or whatever it was.

Of course, the truth is far different no matter how many times she gets together with conservative podcasters and they keep spreading lies.

She specifically mentioned the Holocaust in her original comments (although Bill Burr has defended her on that one because liberals have likewise compared things to the Holocaust that are exaggerated and trivial by comparison), dis spread misinformation that most conservatives seem to have also believed, but the big one was that she did NOT just refuse to post her personal pronouns. She mocked and ridiculed people for "making a thing of it". If she had just said no, it might still have been different for her. Granted, nobody likes anyone "demanding" they do something. But she could have said no and disengaged.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Her argument seems to be that she compared the treatment of conservatives in this country to the beginnings of Naziism and then Disney proved her right in how they reacted, spread opinions she believed were true about Covid and that most conservatives including the president were saying), and refused to add personal pronouns to her twitter or x or whatever it was.

Of course, the truth is far different no matter how many times she gets together with conservative podcasters and they keep spreading lies.

She specifically mentioned the Holocaust in her original comments (although Bill Burr has defended her on that one because liberals have likewise compared things to the Holocaust that are exaggerated and trivial by comparison), dis spread misinformation that most conservatives seem to have also believed, but the big one was that she did NOT just refuse to post her personal pronouns. She mocked and ridiculed people for "making a thing of it". If she had just said no, it might still have been different for her. Granted, nobody likes anyone "demanding" they do something. But she could have said no and disengaged.
    If I recall right it wasn't even the pronouns stuff that got her fired, it was further anti trans comments later on, she already got waaaay more free passes than she should have before it finally blew up in her face. Maybe it was a bad idea to tweet a bunch of anti trans **** when the actual star of the show has a trans sister, i'm sure that couldn't have helped...

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Why are we discussing Gina Carano anyway? Wasn't she just fired from a job when her employer concluded that she was creating negative public image? That is I believe an allowed action for private companies in democratic countries. If she thinks it's unjust, she's free to sue for unlawful termination and let the court decide, I doubt that one can seriously claim that US justice system is "woke".
    I think it's interesting in that it is indicative of what's happening in our country right now.

I've been told that there are certain times in history where social attitudes change so drastically that there is a real division in society that is almost 50-50. Some of it will be generational, but not all.

People here keep saying the Right has gone crazy. No, they haven't "gone" crazy. They've just stayed largely the same while other parts of society change- a lot.

Think about it. Think how completely whacko it would seem fifty years ago if someone advocated trans rights, puberty blockers, personal pronouns? It would seem bonkers. And, gosh, I am in no way implying that conservatives are living in the past (and liberals in the future).

Conservatives tend to be science deniers because the results of evidence don't lead to the results they want to believe. There's a reason that they tend to generally be less educated and have fought to keep our society uneducated.

The results are that they would elect a guy charged with dozens of Federal crimes if he pushes the ignorant policies they want. So, Gina Carano is just a symptom, an example. But it plays perfectly into the Conservative political scenario because it plays to the persecution complex. The problem is she can "seriously" claim the U.S. Justice system is woke. That's what Trump is doing on a far bigger scale than Carano, and it is working because massive numbers of the Conservative voters believe it completely because, in their minds, we are moving away from anything good, decent and sane (ie. what was "normal" and acceptable during their formative years).

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    If I recall right it wasn't even the pronouns stuff that got her fired, it was further anti trans comments later on, she already got waaaay more free passes than she should have before it finally blew up in her face. Maybe it was a bad idea to tweet a bunch of anti trans **** when the actual star of the show has a trans sister, i'm sure that couldn't have helped...
    Yes. I guess I didn't say that clearly enough. She didn't just refuse. She went on a posting spree ridiculing trans people. I have heard also that the Disney company even asked her to stop. They gave her a chance, something that, of course, the Conservative tale-spinners always fail to mention.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    She should wait and get cast in their version of Snow White. I mean....if your career is this bad , go for the GOLD. lol
    She is conspicuously absent from "Lady Ballers". Most of the rest of the Daily Wire crew make cameos in it...

For the GOP, civility isn't about respect. It's about control.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tennessee...025526183.html

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Republicans in the Tennessee House voted Monday to advance a bill that would prevent local governments from reappointing state lawmakers who were expelled due to behavior.

The proposal is one of several restrictions being considered after the GOP's high-profile expulsion proceedings last April against Democratic state Reps. Justin Jones and Justin Pearson. It would bar what happened after: Jones and Pearson were reappointed and quickly went back to work.

One of the Legislature's staff attorneys expressed concerns about the bill last week, telling House lawmakers during a committee hearing that it raises constitutional questions and suggesting proposing the change to voters in a constitutional amendment instead.

Rep. Johnny Garrett, a Goodlettsville Republican who sponsored the bill, argued that the Tennessee Constitution would allow the change.

“I believe that the language is absolutely clear,” Garrett said.

Toughening restrictions on expelled lawmakers likely will face more scrutiny in the Senate, where Speaker Randy McNally says his chamber will await the House’s action before considering any of the proposals.

Pearson, who proposed multiple amendments that were voted down, said the proposal amounted to a government overreach that strips constitutional power from local officials.

"Truthfully, I am so tired of the retaliatory, racist reaction of bills targeting Rep. Jones and myself,” Pearson, of Memphis, said just before Republican House Speaker Cameron Sexton ruled his comments out of order.

BANNED

Couldn't find this on CNN or the like: Aaron Bushnell, US military pilot, protests Gaza genocide with self-immolation

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

It's sickening and worrying how many people glorify suicide on social media. And for the second time this year, in a different context.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    It's sickening and worrying how many people glorify suicide on social media. And for the second time this year, in a different context.
    I often wonder where we should draw the line on glamourising/ glorifying things on tv/films/ social media.

The out and out whitewashing of con men/women on film and tv always irritates me (partly because a couple of friends fell victim to cons at a particularly vulnerable part of their life).

The reality that con men are heartless and wreck many lives…but on screen they are nearly always portrayed as heroes.

Similarly I guess most of are concerned at portrayal of violence on screen at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I often wonder where we should draw the line on glamourising/ glorifying things on tv/films/ social media.

The out and out whitewashing of con men/women on film and tv always irritates me (partly because a couple of friends fell victim to cons at a particularly vulnerable part of their life).

The reality that con men are heartless and wreck many lives…but on screen they are nearly always portrayed as heroes.

Similarly I guess most of are concerned at portrayal of violence on screen at some point.
    I think even Hollywood would shy away from a movie where the lead's heroic act is setting himself on fire and dying painfully.

Cornell West is literally celebrating the guy's suicide. I am going to vomit.
    GHTvx4nWoAAxUQs.jpg
    Last edited by CaptainEurope; 02-27-2024 at 01:44 AM.

BANNED

So the problem isn't the act itself, or what motivates someone to go down that way, or that it's absent from the news. It's that someone might use it?

Left wing terrorist Daniela Klette (of the Rote Armee Fraktion) was just arrested in Berlin after 30 years of her being one of Germany's most wanted. She is suspected of robbing money trucks and bombing the construction site of a jail in 1993.

Internal Pentagon review finds no ‘ill intent’ during Austin’s hospitalization

The Pentagon on Monday released the results of a 30-day review that found no attempt to hide Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin’s secret hospitalizations in December and January, effectively absolving officials of any wrongdoing.

Although a brief, unclassified summary of the review found processes could be improved, “nothing examined during this review demonstrated any indication of ill intent or an attempt to obfuscate” the transfer of authority during Austin’s hospitalizations, according to the document.

The rest of the review, which was carried out by Defense Department (DOD) officials, remains classified.

The three-page summary claims Austin’s staff was limited in several “significant ways” in failing to share information, including by medical privacy laws and staff “hesitant to pry or share any information that they did learn” due to privacy reasons.

The report also claims that because Austin’s medical situation remained in flux, “timely secured communications could not be assured.”

Austin, who reviewed the report, directed that its recommendations be implemented, according to a memo released alongside the unclassified summary. Among the recommendations are better information sharing and new guidance that would make an acting secretary better prepared to quickly step into the role if a transfer of authority is required.

The Pentagon chief also earlier this month apologized for the gap in information.

“I want to be crystal clear: We did not handle this right. I did not handle this right. I should have told the president about my cancer diagnosis,” Austin said in a Feb. 1 press conference. “I should have also told my team and the American public, and I take full responsibility. I apologize to my teammates and to the American people.”
    I've had friends and family members deal with cancer diagnoses, and I can imagine that mistakes happen during those hectic days.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    I think even Hollywood would shy away from a movie where the lead's heroic act is setting himself on fire and dying painfully.
    For what it's worth, there have been quite a few cases of self-immolation in Central and Eastern Europe, mostly as protests against communism. A few years ago, a Czech movie was made about the most famous one and it was relatively well received, even got nominated for some awards.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred