Page 296 of 349 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300306346 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,440 of 5221

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Attackers laughed as they raped and murdered a woman in Israel on October 7, witness says

Let Israel do what it needs to.

I think Israel should say you want a cease fire, then release all the hostages and every hamas leader surrender for war crimes. If not, level it because if they don’t do this the hamas will just come back. The original hostages are sad to say probably dead.

Unfortunately, I can't see the Hamas could even be reasoned with. They're flat out savages and unfortunately the lowest of cowards which makes dealing with them extremely difficult. They specifically target and torture women and children, hide behind them to use as human shields, and try to play victim when their shields are killed.
    That's the thing - regardless of Netanhyahu (who clearly needs to go) - if Hamas surrenders, this is over. People who are asking Israel to stop should at least be asking for Hamas to surrender as well (and, again, no one is forcing Hamas to use its own civilians as human shields and to set up operations in hospitals, schools and mosques).
    Last edited by hyped78; 04-12-2024 at 09:58 AM.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

This is my shocked face.

Qatari royal invested about $50 million in pro-Trump network Newsmax

Before and after the investment, senior newsroom leaders urged Newsmax staff to soften coverage of Qatar, current and former employees said.
    The next generation of Hamas is being radicalized by Al Jazeera, Newsmax and Tiktok.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    And if not supplying weapons means Iran can attack and destroy Israel?
    You’re correct. Gaza isn’t the only conflict Israel is facing right now.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    This is my shocked face.

Qatari royal invested about $50 million in pro-Trump network Newsmax

The next generation of Hamas is being radicalized by Al Jazeera, Newsmax and Tiktok.
    Qatar, the same country that hosts the leader of Hamas

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    True, but Germans aren't driven by religious fanaticism like Middle Easterners are. That's a key part of the equation, and why that region continues being a powderkeg today.

Meanwhile, Gray Lensman is right, the next generation of Hamas fighters are already incubating, but I believe they're coming from the scores of increasingly disaffected people who had nothing to do with the terrorist group and only wanted to live their lives in peace, but ended up in an unimaginable hellscape of blood and destruction which they've come to blame Israel for.
    It's a bad thing that the Middle East is full of religious fanatics, but this shouldn't mean we reward them for it by limiting our options in ways that wouldn't apply to different kinds of fanatics.

And again I point out that bombing the hell out of the civilians in Dresden did not produce more Nazis among my people.
    It's a good thing the allies didn't go for a ceasefire, but instead wanted the Nazis to surrender.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 04-12-2024 at 10:24 AM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

And again I point out that bombing the hell out of the civilians in Dresden did not produce more Nazis among my people.
    Unfortunately, it didn’t entirely eradicate Nazism either.

In the case of both Germany and Japan, the allies helped rebuild the economies and infrastructure of both nations after their surrender. IMUO that went a long way towards ensuring peace following the war, especially with the contrasting horrors Russia was inflicting on East Germany at that time. I’d hope Israel might do the same for Gaza but I wouldn’t bet on it. Something tells me the Israelis are going to wind up with more territory than they started with after this whole sad business is done.

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

So, who is going to build the education system that ensures the kids growing up understand all the terrible things Hamas has done?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    So, who is going to build the education system that ensures the kids growing up understand all the terrible things Hamas has done?
    Several other Arab countries have been busy making peace with Israel in recent years. It's not like every part of the Arabian world have "Death To Israel" dyed in the wool like Iran, Hamas and the Houthis in Yemen.

Talk about maxing out your donations to Trump:

https://t.co/FxZuvmPUhR

Belgium launches probe into suspected Russian interference in upcoming EU elections

BRUSSELS (AP) — Belgian Prime Minister Alexander De Croo announced on Friday an investigation into suspected Russian interference in June’s Europe-wide elections, saying that his country’s intelligence service has confirmed the existence of a network trying to undermine support for Ukraine.

“Belgian intelligence services have confirmed the existence of pro-Russian interference networks with activities in several European countries and also here in Belgium,” said De Croo, whose country currently holds the rotating presidency of the European Union.

De Croo said that Belgian agencies are working closely with the Czech authorities after a pro-Russian influence operation was uncovered there. He said that probe showed that members of the European Parliament were approached and offered money to promote Russian propaganda.

“According to our intelligence service, the objectives of Moscow are very clear. The objective is to help elect more pro-Russian candidates to the European Parliament and to reinforce a certain pro-Russian narrative in that institution,” he told reporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Dracula View Post
    Unfortunately, it didn’t entirely eradicate Nazism either.

In the case of both Germany and Japan, the allies helped rebuild the economies and infrastructure of both nations after their surrender. IMUO that went a long way towards ensuring peace following the war, especially with the contrasting horrors Russia was inflicting on East Germany at that time. I’d hope Israel might do the same for Gaza but I wouldn’t bet on it. Something tells me the Israelis are going to wind up with more territory than they started with after this whole sad business is done.
    We can't make the perfect the enemy of the good.

There are still Nazis, but they are not in charge of governments.

If the Palestine region in 2104 has the same level of support towards Hamas-like monsters as Germany currently has towards Nazis, it would be a major success.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

If the Palestine region in 2104 has the same level of support towards Hamas-like monsters as Germany currently has towards Nazis, it would be a major success.
    I think it is would be an astronomical success if they could get that much.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    True, but Germans aren't driven by religious fanaticism like Middle Easterners are. That's a key part of the equation, and why that region continues being a powderkeg today.

Meanwhile, Gray Lensman is right, the next generation of Hamas fighters are already incubating, but I believe they're coming from the scores of increasingly disaffected people who had nothing to do with the terrorist group and only wanted to live their lives in peace, but ended up in an unimaginable hellscape of blood and destruction which they've come to blame Israel for.
    That's the problem, the nature of the conflict will only continue to produce extremist ideology.

As we speak, Israel is in the process of displacing the already displaced Palestinians in Rafah and NO ONE is going to stop them. The world will condemn them, but no one is calling them "savages" for what are quite clearly extremely wicked actions. In this situation, don't the Palestinians have a right to defend themselves when no one else is going to defend them? Don't get me wrong, I won't say what Israel is doing is a genocide but it's a massacre that history will not remember them well for.

Point is war crimes only breeds resentment and Israel has lost the goodwill it once had in the US and many parts of the world because of the numerous extreme actions they have committed in the current conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

I didn’t think I was trying to make the perfect the enemy of the good. BTW the irony of you saying that isn’t lost on me.

There may not be Nazis currently in charge of governments but nearly all the hallmarks of the ideology are alive and well in several countries around the world including our own thanks to the abandonment of basic democracy by the Republicans.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 04-12-2024 at 07:19 PM.

Several other Arab countries have been busy making peace with Israel in recent years. It's not like every part of the Arabian world have "Death To Israel" dyed in the wool like Iran, Hamas and the Houthis in Yemen.
    Real politik… The Arab governments make decisions that are not necessarily liked by their populations. Which can weaken their power…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe