Page 205 of 338 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 5068
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    One of the races to watch this year will be the race for Governor of North Carolina, where the state's Attorney General Democrat Josh Stein will face off against the Republican Lieutenant Governor Mark Robinson. And WBE, if you are reading, you have my condolences on this gem, as Robinson:
    - Is a Holocaust Denier, calling it 'hogwash'
    - Wants a total ban on abortion
    - Has called LGBTQ people filth and says that transgendered people should be arrested if they use the 'wrong' bathroom
    - Is an election denier
    - Has called teachers 'wicked people'
    - Called the Civil Rights Movement 'crap'
    - Said he owned an assault rifle in case the government got to big for it's britches.
    - Has said that black people should be PAYING reparations

And that's just the high(?)lights.
    Sometimes I think the party of racist fascists nominates people like Mark Robinson just so they can turn around and say, "see? We warned you that Black people are bad!"
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    No they didn't. Not the Blitz on London, not the fire bombing of Tokyo or Dresden, not in Stalingrad, not Hanoi....
    I think that is one of the problem with the TikTok kids calling this a genocide: They do realize that Hamas provoked a war, but they were expecting a neat war full of heroes, like something from Star Trek or My Little Pony.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I think that is one of the problem with the TikTok kids calling this a genocide: They do realize that Hamas provoked a war, but they were expecting a neat war full of heroes, like something from Star Trek or My Little Pony.
    A surgical Hamas only strike, as if that was possible! Agree, some people are clueless

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    This is a really fast development by Supreme Court standards, especially since it's a sensitive and complex question.

I wonder if the timing makes a difference. At this point, Trump won the votes in the Republican primary. The next big event is the RNC convention in mid-July, so that's the deadline. There is a separate question of the extent to which the Supreme Court should compromise to accomodate elections.
    Compared to the Bush v Gore ruling it’s positively glacial.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

In spite of conservative states like Bavaria and Saxony dragging their feet, more than half of Germany's energy production came from renewable energy in Germany in 2023. 31% alone came from wind power.

Invincible Member

To be fair, it's not just Tik Tok kids criticizing the way the IDF has handled the conflict.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Sometimes I think the party of racist fascists nominates people like Mark Robinson just so they can turn around and say, "see? We warned you that Black people are bad!"
    In the case of Robinson, it's more a case of: "See? We warned you black people are stupid!"

I mean, this cretin is running for political office, despite having pissed off the following groups:

--Jews
    --women
    --LGBTQ people
    --teachers
    --Blacks

That doesn't leave much left for this scumbag to pick from in terms of support, other than fellow racists, fascists, homophobes and misogynists. I could be wrong, but, I don't see him winning, or even keeping the race close.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    To be fair, it's not just Tik Tok kids criticizing the way the IDF has handled the conflict.
    No, it's not. And criticism of the IDF and this Israeli Government has, in my opinion, merit. But there's a difference between criticizing and saying "This is Genocide! Israelis are Nazis! This is a Holocaust!". The latter is just factually dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Also, in past wars greater effort was made to avoid civilian casualties.
    Others have already pointed this out, but at no time in the history of warfare is that true. Innocent civilians always end up getting killed, and in some cases, that's the whole point of an attack. Destroying the civilian population seriously erodes morale and, theoretically, leads to faster victory. Of course, that's not often the case (the London Blitz and Putin's current attack on the Ukraine are prime examples of that).

Heroes on both sides, like Star Wars.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Lol @ people still maintaining the position that Israel's systematic expulsion and slaughter of Palestinians isn't a genocide.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Lol @ people still maintaining the position that Israel's systematic expulsion and slaughter of Palestinians isn't a genocide.
    The population of Palestine has grown from 1.9MM people in 1990 to 5.4MM people now, it has more than doubled over that period. In fact, that’s an 184% increase.

If this is “genocide”, then the Israelis are extremely incompetent.

So “LOL” back at you, you really sound like one of those TikTok kids Paul mentioned above.

Maybe try calling on Hamas to release the hostages and surrender, so this can end and the path can be forged towards Palestinian statehood - without terrorists Hamas at the helm.
    Last edited by hyped78; 03-07-2024 at 03:51 PM.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...-billionaires/

Porter doubles down on claims California Senate race was ‘rigged by billionaires’ after loss
    Rep. Katie Porter (D-Calif.) is doubling down on her claim that California’s Senate race was “rigged by billionaires” after she lost the chance to advance to the general election.

“Thank you to everyone who supported our campaign and voted to shake up the status quo in Washington. Because of you, we had the establishment running scared — withstanding 3 to 1 in TV spending and an onslaught of billionaires spending millions to rig this election,” Porter said in a post on X, formerly Twitter, after the race was called.

“‘Rigged’ means manipulated by dishonest means,” Porter said in a separate Thursday statement after facing online blowback for her choice of words, arguing a few billionaires spent millions on attack ads against her in the race.

“That is dishonest means to manipulate the outcome. I said ‘rigged by billionaires’ and our politics are — in fact — manipulated by big dark money. Defending democracy means calling that out,” Porter said — but she clarified that her arguments about a “rigged” election don’t refer to the vote count and election process in the state, which she called “beyond reproach.”

Porter is smart enough to know what she's doing when she feeds into the 'rigged' malarky. This isn't a good look for her.

In other, more important news:

Approximately 100 right-wing organizations have signed onto Project 2025, an expansive plan for controlling (and in some cases dismantling) federal agencies in the event that Trump or another Republican wins the presidential election this year. Many of these organizations are led by Christian fundamentalist political operatives, suggesting that they may use the plan to force all Americans to submit to their extreme religious beliefs.

The Bucks County Beacon has just uncovered explosive new evidence that seems to validate this concern.

The Beacon’s discovery follows an earlier report by Politico journalist Heidi Przybyla, which tied the Center for Renewing America (CFRA), an official Project 2025 partner, to an internal memo expressly listing “Christian Nationalism” as a priority for a second Trump term.

Przybyla further reported that CFRA founder Russ Vought, a Project 2025 co-author, had stated last year on X (formerly Twitter) that he’s “proud” to work with William Wolfe, a former Trump official and Visiting Fellow with CFRA, “on scoping out a sound Christian Nationalism.” In a social media post, Wolfe had called for an end to no-fault divorce and abortion and for reduced access to contraception. (Link to archived tweet.) Wolfe, who has attended Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, has also called himself a “Christian Nationalist.”

Soon after Politico’s report, Wolfe changed his social media profile to remove the reference to his work with CFRA, thus burying his connection to Project 2025 leader Russ Vought.

Meanwhile, Vought and other Project 2025 leaders have tried to mitigate the damage from Politico’s report not by rebuking Wolfe, but rather by attacking Przybyla. After Przybyla correctly stated in a TV interview that Christian Nationalists believe their rights come from God, they accused her of attacking mainstream Christianity and launched a blizzard of targeted media hit pieces, as well as a petition to demand that Politico publish a formal apology. They have also parked mobile billboards outside Politico’s DC headquarters, again demanding a formal apology.
    https://buckscountybeacon.com/2024/0...alism-project/

Meanwhile over in Tennessee again...

The GOP continues to be a bunch of racist scum.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Meanwhile over in Tennessee again...

The GOP continues to be a bunch of racist scum.
    But ... the decorum!!!!