Page 203 of 341 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213253303 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 5110

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Oddly that is not how it worked out for Germans who saw their parents killed by allied bombing. Maybe the difference is that fascism is not a religion with promise of a better life in the next world.
    Neither for the Japanese people for the matter… I rather think that the narrative is shaped by the victors.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Neither for the Japanese people for the matter… I rather think that the narrative is shaped by the victors.
    I keep thinking about how Al Jazeera cut away from the old Palestinian man at a Gaza hospital when he started cursing out Hamas for hiding in hospitals and putting them all at risk. It seems there is a diversity of views there that doesn't always make it to media reporting.

So, I’m gonna make an active effort to not fall into doomsaying about Trump.

He’s a toxic rathole of a ‘human being’, but he’s also simply another example of how ‘the real monster was us, all along’. If he wins, it WILL be horrible. For everyone. His campaigning has emboldened people like Mark Robinson, a useful idiot and hateful ‘token’ minority who thinks that hating the same people that the people who hate him hate will make him rich and powerful. Even though he’s a quisling for a party that wants HIM as dead as they want the gay people he calls ‘maggots’ to great applause from them.

The monstrousness of the GOP platform (and their 2025 plan, as laid out by the Heritage Foundation (a well-documented white-nationalist, authoritarian, ‘Christian’ extremist organization) is apparent to everyone but the willfully uniformed. I have to believe that we’re better than that. That the monstrousness will rally voters. That it will erode the enthusiasm of at least SOME of his supporters who might have a SHRED of decency left in them, somewhere.

The man is a blatant criminal and undeniable monster who has raised at LEAST three fellow monsters. His family are economic parasites, and bigoted beyond belief. That HAS to mean something.

So, I’m going to try to not give up before it’s over.

IMG_2672.jpg

So, are the only candidates still in the GOP primary race David Stuckenberg and Donald Trump?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

He also wants to take away women's right to vote.
    Would that include the legions of trailer park trash MAGA skanks; hardcore, plastic faced Trumpettes and right wing loons like the harridans from Moms For Liberty? Robinson might want to rethink that statement.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I keep thinking about how Al Jazeera cut away from the old Palestinian man at a Gaza hospital when he started cursing out Hamas for hiding in hospitals and putting them all at risk. It seems there is a diversity of views there that doesn't always make it to media reporting.
    On that point:

https://www.newsweek.com/my-fellow-p...n-1875962?s=09

"My Fellow Palestinians: Stop Blaming the Jews—Hamas Is Starving Our Brothers and Sisters in Gaza"

By Bassem Eid, Palestinian Human Rights Activist

Hamas started this, they are a terrorist organization who kidnapped, raped and murdered innocent Israeli civilians, and now they use their own Palestinian civilians as human shields, while using hospitals and schools for their terror operations. Besides terrorists, they are cowards.

I hope that Palestinians get their own state sooner than later. But it's painfully obvious that there will be no Palestinian State while Hamas exists.

I despise Netanyahu. But the difference is that Netanyahu can be removed from power through democratic or legal means. Hamas can only be removed from power by force.
    Last edited by hyped78; 03-07-2024 at 05:58 AM.

So, are the only candidates still in the GOP primary race David Stuckenberg and Donald Trump?
    One of many reasons why I dislike the way States spread their primary elections over several months. My state isn't gong to be voting until June. If it wasn't for the State Senate race and a few smaller local ones no one would bother showing up. The winners of the Presidential Primaries have already been declared in all but delegate count.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Oddly that is not how it worked out for Germans who saw their parents killed by allied bombing. Maybe the difference is that fascism is not a religion with promise of a better life in the next world.
    Japan and Germany also weren't occupied for generations either. They were rebuilt by the Allies and were delivered a better life in this world.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 03-07-2024 at 06:09 AM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    One of many reasons why I dislike the way States spread their primary elections over several months. My state isn't gong to be voting until June. If it wasn't for the State Senate race and a few smaller local ones no one would bother showing up. The winners of the Presidential Primaries have already been declared in all but delegate count.
    Someone once proposed a much different primary system where after the initial 2 or 3 ( Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina) states get put into 4 groups, starting with less populous states and working up towards the biggest ones. That way even at the end it's likely there is still the possibility of a shift in the front-runner.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I also recall in a documentary an old Palestinian who didn’t hold the Hamas in high regard…

The problem of the Palestinians is one of representation, between the cruel Hamas and the corrupted Fatah… Without anyone to represent them, they are alone against Israel which consider them at best as a surplus…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

If the mom is a murderer and rapist, sure.
    Agreed. Does that make it OK to beat the child?
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    I wasn't agreeing with the analogy. It was a bad one that doesn't make sense.
    Where is the disconnect. Seems like both are justifying what is being done to "A" because of what "B" did.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Who wants to defund the police again?

This is, of course, a shot fired at these law enforcement agencies to warn them away from investigating Republicans.
    Is there no end to their sycophancy?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Japan and Germany also weren't occupied for generations either. They were rebuilt by the Allies and were delivered a better life in this world.
    I grew up listening to British Forces radio, which is where I learned much of my English.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Agreed. Does that make it OK to beat the child?
    The child got hit in the head by the teeth beaten out of the rapist murderer mother's mouth.

OK, this is gross. Find better analogies.