Page 123 of 188 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2814
    Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Is it really that cushy? People in Trump's cabinet end up leaving unhappy.
    Maybe because they're in handcuffs.

Scott just knows that if he wants to continue in the Republican party, supporting Haley is a career-limiting, potentially career-ending, move. Haley and her son can stamp their feet and cry all they want. There's nothing she can do to him.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    What a moronic thing to do, apologize.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    #Rigged is trending because of the government's alleged tampering with the Super Bowl and the President's official twitter account posts "Dark Brandon"

"This is the way"
    I'm not into sports but I heard the game was satisfying and pretty close by the end. Conservatives are so unhappy they can't even enjoy football now.

I hope Swift has an interview with Biden and AOC and he asks them what they will do as POTUS. AOC will obviously go first, since Swift first has to beat Beatles and Elvis records in the music industry and climb the ranks in Hollywood as a director.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I'm not into sports but I heard the game was satisfying and pretty close by the end. Conservatives are so unhappy they can't even enjoy football now.
    They've claimed to be boycotting the NFL since 2016..

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Maybe because they're in handcuffs.

Scott just knows that if he wants to continue in the Republican party, supporting Haley is a career-limiting, potentially career-ending, move. Haley and her son can stamp their feet and cry all they want. There's nothing she can do to him.
    My guess is he's not interested in the cabinet. Trump support still makes sense for other stuff, even if he wants to stick around in the Senate.

He also has an outside chance of being running mate, which didn't go well for Pence but would help his plans to be elected President (If Trump wins in '24, he's the frontrunner next time and might get the job anyway; If Trump loses, he'll have raised his profile being on a national ticket.)

I could see him being chosen as the Vice President if Trump's unable to serve, and the VP is a white lady (Kirsti Noem, Elsie Stefanik, Katie Britt, Sarah Huckabee Sanders.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

You keep talking like there will be an open election in 2028 if Trump is elected in 2024. Do you really believe Trump would allow that?
    Watching television is not an activity.

Is it really that cushy? People in Trump's cabinet end up leaving unhappy.
    True. But for some reason, they all bend over backwards to get a Cabinet position. Maybe they think it will give them power and influence in Trump's government, and they are just too stupid to realize Trump will do whatever he wants and will steamroll over anyone to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post

I hope Swift has an interview with Biden and AOC and he asks them what they will do as POTUS. AOC will obviously go first, since Swift first has to beat Beatles and Elvis records in the music industry and climb the ranks in Hollywood as a director.
    It was actually a fairly boring game until the 3rd quarter. It got really good in the 4th.

While I'm happy KC won, I am a bit sad that the 49's lost. Purdy had a great showing, and the fact that the game went into OT when the 49's lost a bunch of people to injuries during the game says a lot about that team.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    True. But for some reason, they all bend over backwards to get a Cabinet position. Maybe they think it will give them power and influence in Trump's government, and they are just too stupid to realize Trump will do whatever he wants and will steamroll over anyone to get it.
    I think it may be they simply donít want to wind up on his enemies list.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

ďItís your party and you can cry if you want to.Ē - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    You keep talking like there will be an open election in 2028 if Trump is elected in 2024. Do you really believe Trump would allow that?
    Yes.

This is not a proxy for whether I think he'll do a good job as President.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Yes.

This is not a proxy for whether I think he'll do a good job as President.
    So you don't think that he and his hand picked Republicans won't try to find a way to keep trump in Office and/or prevent or undermine any future elections?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    So you don't think that he and his hand picked Republicans won't try to find a way to keep trump in Office and/or prevent or undermine any future elections?
    Seriously. Given what they have already tried. All they have to do is look at the roadblocks that "stopped" them from getting away with it last time and replace those people in some cases. The first round of officials he had was bad enough. But even some of them wouldn't let him get away with his worst impulses at times.

But hell this time just get some of the craziest MAGA cult leaders in there and go nuts. I dont think thats over reacting or hyperbole. I think he actually would pardon a lot of the Jan 6 people too any left in there.

You can guarantee that Trump's next VP will not certify an election where the Republican candidate (Trump) isn't the President. It'll be a criteria for selection. We know that Republicans in Congress will back him up. So will state and local Republican election and county certification boards. We know that judges like Alito and Thomas will support it. And that he will spend four years installing loyalists in the military, justice departments, etc.

Trump congratulated the great state of Kansas for the Chiefs' win. If that was Biden, the media would be all over it. But. it's Trump so it's nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    That's a bit of a motte and bailey from the initial goal post of whether we should expect there to be no open election in 2028 if Trump wins again, since we're not talking about whether they're expected to succeed, but whether they'll make the effort.

But here's what I think...
    I predict that if Trump wins in the next presidential election, there will be no serious or semi-serious effort to cancel future elections and keep him in the White House longer, or to allow him to run again in 2028 when he will be 82 (Biden is 82, but legally able to run for another term; if he loses, a big part of it will be his age.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets