Page 173 of 350 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223273 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 5250
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    And here’s Mets, playing ‘both sides’ nonsense by comparing the demonstrably shitty things that James Gunn said years ago - that he addressed and apologized for - with the demonstrably shitty things that Gina Carano said RECENTLY, has never apologized for, and is suing Disney over (because she faced consequences for her unapologetic shittiness).

Anything to defend your party’s favorite bigots, eh?
    And acting as if ignoring the facts and evidence that he requested somehow proves his point when it actually further exposes his hypocrisy.

Par for course for his “side” — only courts seem to hold them accountable.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-28-2024 at 04:55 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah but “extremism” is in the eye of the beholder. I’m sure many of those polled consider people who support trans rights and a woman’s right to choose as extremists.
    Exactly.

There are people painting LGTBIQ people as "oppressors".

Trump loyalists get their way again thanks to the corrupt-ass SCOTUS, and the Republican controlled SCOTUS is helping him get to become dictator by pretending that his claim of ‘presidential immunity’ from prosecution for felonies is a reasonable excuse to delay the trial relating to his treasonous attempt to overthrow the nation. If they keep pushing it back, he’ll be able to pardon himself right before he starts rounding up queer folks, brown people, and uppity women the way he and they want.

In addition, the GOP is really polishing their ‘pro-life’ bona fides.

And it sure is a good thing that the GOP’s efforts to destroy access to IVF is just liberal paranoia and projection…

Shall we practice our shocked faces…?
    Last edited by zinderel; 02-28-2024 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    We have.

Repeatedly.

And every time, you ignore, condescend, and belittle. Or distract attention to something a ‘leftist’ did that isn’t related but is somehow ‘worse’ than the right repeatedly, and openly embracing Nazis. Like Kieth Ellison wearing a shirt that said he didn’t believe in borders. TOTALLY proof that the left is JUST AS BAD as the GOP, and therefore no one can criticize the GOP, or it’s defenders…

So no one’s willing to cater to your JAQing off in defense of the Nazification of your political party.

But please, continue blaming those of us pointing out the Nazification of the GOP for the Nazification of the GOP. It just proves our point and makes it so we don’t need to go digging through ten years of posts for you to ignore.
    Let's look at a sample argument. I was called out for defending Stephen Miller when he was called a Nazi. You were against me at the time.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...er#post5202663

The specific comment that I had responded to that counted as defending Miller was the view that he probably was not responsible for a 14 word headline in a DHS website article with the words "we must secure" as a dog whistle to Nazis.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post3756611

There seem to be two possibilities.
    1) Stephen Miller is a white nationalist, who pushed a pro-Hitler Easter Egg in a website article, and this is so obvious that if anyone points out that he's Jewish, they should be called out years later.
    2) Anything else.

I believe that what I said at the time was rational, and that it wasn't so bad it should be called out years later. This is why I think you guys don't want to share the specifics. When you dig into it, I'm not the one who seems unreasonable.

13% of primary voters were uncommitted.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...s/72696482007/

It was 11% when Obama was running for reelection i n2012.

This story seems greatly exxaggerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    I would say that they are equally bad, there is no need to play who is more offensive, especially since when it comes to celebrities, people often decide depending on who makes the statement and how much they like them. The stuff he said is horrible. The difference as I understand is that Gunn made those comments in the past and has since apologized and people moved on. If he made those statements when he was employed by Disney and then doubled down, I would be all for him getting fired, no matter how much outcry his friends from GotG made.

I don't think anyone of the two was fired for their political position. I bet people at Disney have many different positions about all sorts of topics. It was about the stuff they posted and their attitude afterwards.

(Also, how does Gunn offend people on the right by the stuff you quoted? He jokes about AIDS and rape, people on the right usually love that stuff.)
    As I said, Disney doesn't fire anyone for pissing off the right.

Gunn's comments upset people across the ideological spectrum.

It's a joke, but so was Carano's comment that her pronouns were "beep/bop/boop."

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Yeah, there is no way he can please everyone, and especially on the Israel/Palestine issue he's in an impossible position. I myself am a bit disappointed in his response so far, but that's not gonna make me vote for the guy who's supporters would love for me to not exist.
    The majority of the public is on Israel's side, so the smart move would be to go to the middle. It seems to be working well for Fetterman, a rust-belt Senator.

https://twitter.com/lxeagle17/status...27681797870058

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah but “extremism” is in the eye of the beholder. I’m sure many of those polled consider people who support trans rights and a woman’s right to choose as extremists.
    Extremism would be more about how unpopular your political positions are, and how much you'll fight for it (IE- Would you expect legislators to flee the state to delay a vote?)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Let's look at a sample argument. I was called out for defending Stephen Miller when he was called a Nazi. You were against me at the time.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...er#post5202663

The specific comment that I had responded to that counted as defending Miller was the view that he probably was not responsible for a 14 word headline in a DHS website article with the words "we must secure" as a dog whistle to Nazis.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post3756611

There seem to be two possibilities.
    1) Stephen Miller is a white nationalist, who pushed a pro-Hitler Easter Egg in a website article, and this is so obvious that if anyone points out that he's Jewish, they should be called out years later.
    2) Anything else.

I believe that what I said at the time was rational, and that it wasn't so bad it should be called out years later. This is why I think you guys don't want to share the specifics. When you dig into it, I'm not the one who seems unreasonable.
    So now you’re pretending Stephen Miller isn’t a white supremacist, just because he’s descended from Jewish immigrants, again?

Despite literally every bit of advice he gave your president? Despite all the instances of blatant racism on his part?

You’re going to pretend that it’s more likely that a known white nationalist and anti-immigrant racist ‘accidentally’ posted white nationalist nonsense? Rather than the far more reasonable - and far more likely - explanation that, like with the ODAL rune at CPAC and the openly partying Nazis at CPAC, Stephen Miller’s track record of Nazi propaganda and policies shows that the choice was a deliberate signal to a branch of Republican voters that you deny the existence of again and again and again.

Also?

Way to prove the point everyone has been making here about you ignoring evidence that doesn’t fit into your ‘The GOP are the best and everyone else is garbage, even if the GOP is supporting Nazism’ narrative. You, again, claim that it’s somehow unlikely that Stephen Miller, a descendent of Jewish immigrants, could be a white nationalist. You intimate that I’m paranoid.

And then reality proved that Stephen Miller WAS a filthy goddamned racist, despite his Jewish upbringing, and everyone calling him a white nationalist/white supremacist was right. And you were wrong.

So wrong that you use a post that PROVES you wrong to defend yourself. Because you ignore or dismiss anything that gets in the way of your condescending, pedantic narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    See. For me this begins to get into classism.

A lot of stuff where words are really important (like the pronoun stuff that kicked the whole thing off) are a matter of one's education and how educated one's circle is. A lot of this stuff begins to get into class signaling when it's not being handled with a care that not everyone gets on the uptake at the same time on these things.

People are so concerned with being right, they lose interest in what works.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Tyler Boebert 2044.
    Tyler Boebert for VP.

Ultimate Member

McConnell’s — and the Republican Party’s — legacy to the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    As I said, Disney doesn't fire anyone for pissing off the right.

Gunn's comments upset people across the ideological spectrum.

It's a joke, but so was Carano's comment that her pronouns were "beep/bop/boop."
    And here we see you minimizing a bigot’s bigotry in defense of her right to be a bigot. For someone who regularly bogs down the thread with pedantry when defending Nazis and bigots, you’re strangely unconcerned with the ACTUAL SPECIFICS of why people turned on Carano so hard. Almost like you know that those specifics don’t help your case and you’re hoping no one will bring them up. If ‘beep/bop/boop’ was all there was to it, then you MIGHT be right. But as you are WELL aware, it was not just her stupid ‘beep/bop/boop’ ‘joke’ that got her fired. It was that, her lack of apology or self-awareness, and her comparison of ‘Republicans being held accountable for their words and actions’ with ‘Jewish Holocaust victims’, and her doubling down on the transphobia, and her refusal to listen to the people paying her that got her fired.

Another cute try at defending a bigot whose bigotry is acceptable to you, though.

(PS, Disney doesn’t fire anyone for offending the right, because when the left get offended, it’s on behalf of disenfranchised people who have been the butt of jokes and bigotry for too long. When the right gets offended, it’s because they have to acknowledge the existence and humanity of people they wish they could erase. And Disney doesn’t want to exclude anyone. Except those who, by their behavior and statements, choose to exclude themselves from decent society.)
    Last edited by zinderel; 02-28-2024 at 06:02 PM.

Let's not forget that the star of the Mandalorian, Pedro Pascal, is pro-trans-rights and his sister, Lux, is a trans woman.

Carano decided not just that being a bigot was more important than her job but that it was more important than the people she was literally working with.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Let's not forget that the star of the Mandalorian, Pedro Pascal, is pro-trans-rights and his sister, Lux, is a trans woman.

Carano decided not just that being a bigot was more important than her job but that it was more important than the people she was literally working with.

Exactly.

It has to made clear to racists and bigots that people do not have to put up with their nonsense.

Please clearly explain the beep/bop/boop "joke".

I've got no issue with a protest vote now. But if this conflict drags on until November, and these people decide to vote third party or something that swings the election to Trump, they are beyond stupid if they think that will help the Palestinians.

So the Conservative SC is just going to drag this thing out as long as possible. Great.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-68353437
    The GOP's wet dream, I bet it's not long before it's uncovered that some US Christian hate group has some involvement(not that African Christian's aren't capable of being horrible people on their own).
    Pretty sure that was already proven, actually.

The Church the Ghanaian State Built: How conservative Christian theology has shaped anti-LGBTQ laws in Accra.

Please clearly explain the beep/bop/boop "joke".
    Twitter added a space for people to list the pronouns they used in conversation. Instead, Gina listed her pronouns as beep/bop/boop.

A stupid joke, one she got a warning over from Disney. I think it was her Holocaust comparisons that finally drove them to fire her.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Dracula View Post
    Mitch McConnell putting party before country is the reason we’re now in this mess. He could’ve pushed Senate Republicans to impeach Trump after Jan 6 and no sane voter would’ve held it against him.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Twitter added a space for people to list the pronouns they used in conversation. Instead, Gina listed her pronouns as beep/bop/boop.

A stupid joke, one she got a warning over from Disney. I think it was her Holocaust comparisons that finally drove them to fire her.
    Oh I know the context, I meant for Met's to explain why it's a "joke".