Page 92 of 351 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 5258
    Ultimate Member

Moderate Republicans — white nationalists hiding behind lies about “open borders” and “invasions”.

Ultimate Member

This under the heading of strangely ironic:

Floating sauna rescues occupants of Tesla that plunged into Oslo fjord

Two motorists whose car plunged into a freezing Oslo fjord escaped unharmed when a floating sauna came to their rescue, Norwegian police have said.

A video clip filmed by witnesses and obtained by Agence France-Presse on Thursday appears to shows the vehicle, a Tesla, partly submerged in the water, with its occupants sitting on the roof.
    In the video images, the car can be seen sinking under the water just as the floating sauna pulls up next to it, as people on the sauna boat pluck the motorists from the freezing waters.

“One of the guests came running and told me a car had landed in the water. I accelerated to full speed in the direction of the people,” the sauna boat’s “skipper”, Nicholay Nordahl, told Norwegian daily VG.

“With the help of two guests, we pulled them up. They were able to warm up in the sauna.”

The owner of the car, who was not identified by name, said he had thought the car was in park mode when he hit the accelerator pedal.
    Tesla, the car brand that is underwater. You'd be much safer traveling in a floating sauna.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post

Moderate Republicans — white nationalists hiding behind lies about “open borders” and “invasions”.
    I'm not sure what this is all about from DeSantis.

I understand there is trouble at the border but stunts like these are out of order.

Not to mention it appears the House GOP don't want any sort of border deal, then it means that nothing will be sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I read that phrase in the Economist. Some even want to change the metrics for a recession, because the current ones are so out of whack with individual sentiment. I remember a research company during the Bush recession (the 2008 one, not the one in 1991) identifying a large group of people behaving like they were in economic peril, even though they weren't. So, maybe it's just a thing that happens.
    I love that we have to specify which Bush presided over which recession.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

I understand there is trouble at the border but stunts like these are out of order.

Not to mention it appears the House GOP don't want any sort of border deal, then it means that nothing will be sorted out.
    DeSantis is embarrassed that his Presidential campaign was such a a failure, so he's posturing to make himself feel better.

Ultimate Member

Joe Madison the Black Eagle of an American radio talk-show host and activist heard daily on SiriusXM Urban View has died.

https://www.joemadison.com/bio

In 2015, Madison set the Guinness World Record for the longest on-air broadcast, 52 hours. During the record-breaking show, he raised more than $250,000 for the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture. Five months later, Madison made history again by broadcasting live from Cuba and becoming the first American radio host to do so in more than 50 years.

​In 2021, Madison went on a 73-day hunger strike to encourage passage of voting rights bills. Unbeknownst to his listeners, he was fighting prostate cancer during his hunger strike. When asked if he understood the danger he was in, he replied, “I am willing to die.”

A few months after his hunger strike, the Emmett Till Antilynching Act passed in the Senate with the help of Madison’s continued push on the radio. His efforts were noticed by many, including Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, who publicly thanked him for another fight for justice.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Word has it Trump told Qpublicans to back out of the deal to hurt Biden politically, and, predictably, they obeyed.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    DeSantis is embarrassed that his Presidential campaign was such a a failure, so he's posturing to make himself feel better.
    He could just be lashing out because the writing is most likely on the wall as far as any potential political future he might have believed he had.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    He could just be lashing out because the writing is most likely on the wall as far as any potential political future he might have believed he had.
    Wretched Ron might try another presidential run in ‘28, but, chances are he won’t do any better than he had this year, even with Trump out of the picture. More than likely he’ll pivot to becoming a Faux News talking head after his days as governor are done.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

It's about licking anyone's ball sac that he can to re-establish himself as a so-called "Republican Tough Guy" now that he stands exposed as an utter moron on the national stage.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Ted Cruz may have had a Trump-Like Confusion moment when he supposedly referred to TikToK as Tic Tac. Confirmation or otherwise welcome.
    Last edited by Tami; 02-01-2024 at 09:38 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

Most Republican Senators Barred From Re-election in Oregon After Walkouts
    The Oregon Supreme Court ruled they could not seek re-election after they repeatedly boycotted legislative sessions.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/01/u...eme-court.html

The majority of Oregon’s Republican state senators are prohibited from running for re-election as a result of their repeated boycotts of legislative sessions last year, the Oregon Supreme Court ruled on Thursday.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I don't believe his voters will care at all, but I don't believe for one fucking second that spending all his days at his trials in a general election is going to help him win. Bullshit and he's a moron. So are all the people who work for him.