Page 34 of 354 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Trump did not want to tweet ‘stay peaceful’ during January 6 riot, key former aide says

A Trump spokesperson denied that Trump resisted including the “stay peaceful” message in the tweet.

The former staffer’s account that Trump was resisting the “stay peaceful” portion of the tweet runs counter to excuses given by Trump allies that the then-President was urging his supporters to avoid violent acts in their protest of the January 6 certification of Joe Biden’s victory. Trump’s reluctance to issue a forceful message was an indication he understood the impact that his Twitter account had on his supporters, the ex-aide said.

The former official, who relayed the account to the House select committee investigating January 6,, says congressional investigators are requesting specific information from Trump staffers who are cooperating with the probe.

Experts: Jack Smith’s “dramatic new proof” so “overwhelming” reluctant witnesses may decide to flip

The report describes a president “shockingly derelict” in immediately intervening to stop the “most serious invasion” of the Capitol by domestic terrorists in the nation’s history, Bennett Gershman, a former New York prosecutor and law professor at Pace University, told Salon.

Scavino informed Smith's investigators that as the violence intensified on Jan. 6, Trump showed little interest in taking further action to curb it, sources told ABC News.

“Trump was ‘very angry’ that day – not angry at what his supporters were doing to a pillar of American democracy, but steaming that the election was allegedly stolen from him and his supporters, who were ‘angry on his behalf,’” ABC News reported. “Scavino described it all as ‘very unsettling,’” sources told the outlet.

The ex-president would occasionally sit silently at the head of the table, arms folded, and gaze fixed on the TV, Scavino said, according to sources.

While speaking with Smith's team, Scavino recalled telling Trump in a phone call the night of Jan. 6: "This is all your legacy here, and there's smoke coming out of the Capitol," sources told ABC News. Scavino said he hoped Trump would ultimately help lead a peaceful transfer of power.

Former Trump aide Nick Luna also shared that when the ex-president was told about Vice President Mike Pence’s need to be moved to a secure location, Trump responded by saying "So what?" Luna perceived this as an “unexpected willingness” on Trump's part to expose a longtime loyalist to potential harm.

“Indeed, Trump’s angry response to Scavino’s comment to him that there’s smoke coming out of the Capitol in effect was, ‘Let it Burn,’” Gershman said. “And his nonchalant indifference to Vice President Pence’s safety and welfare offers chilling proof that Trump’s conscious purpose, namely, his intent, was first to incite an insurrection and then by his inaction to demonstrate his intent that the insurrection effectively stop Congress from doing its constitutional duty to certify the election results.”

What a week last night has been.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I hope it's just MAGA smears.
    Make of this what you will:

Filing alleges ‘improper’ relationship between Fulton DA, top Trump prosecutor
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Drudge Report still not a Trump fan.

With all the evidence proven against Trump and his cronies, I'm just going to wait about ten years or so until the movie comes out, it's title will be: TRUMP His Last Denial! or The Rage Of Innocence
    Hail Hydra!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Considering the motions that have come out from Trump world, this doesn't clarify anything.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Regarding the revelations about Trump getting his freak on at Epstein's mansion, I suspect that won't change any minds. Trump's lemmings don't give a rat's ass he's a raging horndog, hell, they probably admire him for his manliness and all-American libido. As for bible thumpers, they don't care either, Trump delivered on his election promise to kill Roe v. Wade, so they're over the moon happy with him. Perhaps Trump's exploits will sour moderate Republicans, independents and fence sitters, but, in the greater scheme of things, I fear this ends up being a nothingburger because he ultimately won't face any repercussions.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Regarding the revelations about Trump getting his freak on at Epstein's mansion, I suspect that won't change any minds. Trump's lemmings don't give a rat's ass he's a raging horndog, hell, they probably admire him for his manliness and all-American libido. As for bible thumpers, they don't care either, Trump delivered on his election promise to kill Roe v. Wade, so they're over the moon happy with him. Perhaps Trump's exploits will sour moderate Republicans, independents and fence sitters, but, in the greater scheme of things, I fear this ends up being a nothingburger because he ultimately won't face any repercussions.
    They claimed that it "exonerated" him when the first 40 of 250 documents from the trial did not mention him (much). We should make some screen caps.

Special counsel Jack Smith was targeted by attempted swatting on Christmas Day

Special counsel Jack Smith, who is overseeing the prosecution of former President Donald Trump in two federal cases, was the target of an attempted swatting at his Maryland residence on Christmas Day.

According to two law enforcement sources, someone called 911 and said that Smith had shot his wife at the address where Smith lives.

Montgomery County Police dispatched units toward the home but were called off when the Deputy U.S. Marshals protecting Smith and his family told police that it was a false alarm and that everyone inside the home was safe.

No arrests have been made in connection with the incident.

Macron names as new Prime Minister Gabriel Attal, who is just 34 years old, half Ukrainian, and married to a man.

And kind of cute.

A pick to troll Putin?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Macron names as new Prime Minister Gabriel Attal, who is just 34 years old, half Ukrainian, and married to a man.

And kind of cute.

A pick to troll Putin?
    While I know little of French politics, I think it more likely he satisfies some domestic political need. Appointing a PM just to troll Putin doesn't seem likely.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    While I know little of French politics, I think it more likely he satisfies some domestic political need. Appointing a PM just to troll Putin doesn't seem likely.
    He is one of Macron's closest allies and was press secretary before becoming minister of education. He has several academic degrees from respected universities and is considered excellent at communication and public relations, which makes sense considering both the Olympic Games in Paris and the European Elections this year.

Oh, and new allegations of raping minors with Epstein against Trump, too.

https://x.com/allenanalysis/status/1...356168643?s=20

That's it, not voting for Bill Clinton.
    As much as I want this to be come out if true, wasn't Ransome previously discredited? If she has tapes, she should release them to the court. What am I missing here?
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    As much as I want this to be come out if true, wasn't Ransome previously discredited? If she has tapes, she should release them to the court. What am I missing here?
    Yeah, if there's actual video, that would be a big deal.

But if the video never emerges, the claims are likely overblown.

And kind of cute.

A pick to troll Putin?
    If he wanted to stand up to Putin, he could just send the French foreign legion to fight in Ukraine.

They could make a deal that France will be reimbursed for all expenditures from the Russian treasury after Russia is forced to surrender.

It would also help France's military reputation.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member

He is one of Macron's closest allies and was press secretary before becoming minister of education. He has several academic degrees from respected universities and is considered excellent at communication and public relations, which makes sense considering both the Olympic Games in Paris and the European Elections this year.
    Sounds like gold in France.