Page 140 of 338 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190240 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 5069
    Astonishing Member

Trump: Michigan, get out and vote on November 27th

(The Michigan primary is in February, not November)

What is with the gloves? And I am glad Biden team called out the gaffe. It would be all over media if Biden had done it. Oh he's senile blah blah. But You won't see nary a mention of yet another Trump gaffe on FauxNews.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Trump: Michigan, get out and vote on November 27th

(The Michigan primary is in February, not November)

What is with the gloves? And I am glad Biden team called out the gaffe. It would be all over media if Biden had done it. Oh he's senile blah blah. But You won't see nary a mention of yet another Trump gaffe on FauxNews.
    By all means, Michigan MAGA, cast your votes three weeks AFTER the general election! I’m all for that!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Not that easy, as there is much more scrutiny on this.
    Also, at some point, if his prospects for the Presidency dims, why on earth would they give him a dime. He is useless if he doesn't win.
    Any hypothetical billionaires might want to help Trump in order to help other Republican candidates, and reduce Democratic wins.

But I would take a look at the lawyer fees of anyone trying novel ways to finance the Trump campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    That statement by Carlson should be the last straw in the coffin of the argument that Tucker Carlson isn’t a sociopath.
    Dude is nuts.

The craziest thing he's said is that what people believe to be UFOs are probably some different malevolent force like demons.

https://www.newsweek.com/why-tucker-...t-ufos-1853522
    https://www.nationalreview.com/the-m...nd-these-days/

He brands himself as a skeptic, and this is the bullshit he believes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It's perverse.

The obvious point would be that there are differences in ways leaders kill individuals.

A military strike against a terrorist is different from using pretext to arrest a critic, and having him killed in jail.

And now someone with a really cynical view of the world justifies supporting atrocities because of lies about civilized leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Attachment 137843

Just saw this floating around and just lol'd.

Literally doing the thing.
    Here, the argument seems to be that Democrats are outperforming Biden, which is a legitimate point for an outlet like Newsweek to investigate;.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    I understand that you have your opinions.

Transgender people know their own lives and experience better than you. Therapists, psychologists, social workers, doctors and the legion of other professionals whose work includes gender affirming care, all know their jobs better than you.

You are opposed to gender affirming care, despite what transgender people say and despite what the professionals say.

I dunno, are there other groups that you feel equally ... um, paternal? ... towards?

I mean, you can say you're not making sex the most important factor, but can you say what is the exact reason you are certain that you know better than everyone actually involved or affected, in this one area?

Or, again, or there other areas where you enjoy such superior wisdom and clarity?
    You start by saying that these are my opinions, so I'm curious what you disagree with in the post.

"Sexual function is important, but there is also the specific concern that people are giving up something without any experience of it." Do you disagree with this?

"The ability to have children is also important to the majority of the people on the planet." Do you disagree with this?

"There are additional side effects." Do you disagree with this?

"I'm curious about the idea that people in the center and right treat similar situations differently. If these were side effects of an anti-depression drug (which is kind of how it's described) there would be serious concern, especially for its use on minors. It wouldn't mean that anyone's reducing mental health rights to sex." What are similar situations in which the center and right

"In this case, there are serious trade-offs." Do you disagree that there are tradeoffs?

"Although it could be that the advantages make up for it." Presumably you agree that a sober analysis of the tradeoffs can come out in favor of gender-affirming care.

"It could also be that we discover ways to mitigate the trade-offs." I don't think anyone believes we've reached the limits of quality of gender-affirming care.

I think you're going after impressions of what I've said, rather than the specifics.

I haven't said I know better than others. I am disappointed by basic factual mistakes and gaps in knowledge by overzealous supporters of transgender rights, which does worry me about their conclusions. I'm generally more ambivalent than certain on this topic.

On whether this is a topic where people like me are too paternal, there are four relevant points.

There are many different views in American politics. All of us disagree with most of them.

The views of therapists and the trans community aren't going to address whether someone who identifies as trans at twelve in a different environment than most transgender adults will identify as trans at thirty-two.

There would be a question about how to identify relevant stakeholders, and that's got implications. If a city allocates money towards gender-affirming care, who decides how it should be spent? I'm pretty sure you could find some activists who will waste the money on something different or ineffective.

In this society, we generally make decisions based on a variety of viewpoints and experiences. Voters and their elected officials are not a hivemind. I know there are arguments on the right that the local police and the military should be allowed to do what they feel is best, without any oversight, and we generally recognize that's ridiculous. We're allocating finite resources, and codifying what everyone can do.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 02-19-2024 at 06:52 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    like Newsweek to investigate;.
    Democrats have been outperforming the polls generally for quite some time, so trying to say 'this is bad for Biden' is just transparently ridiculous.

Don’t Fall for the Latest Changes to the Dangerous Kids Online Safety Act

The authors of the dangerous Kids Online Safety Act (KOSA) unveiled an amended version this week, but it’s still an unconstitutional censorship bill that continues to empower state officials to target services and online content they do not like. We are asking everyone reading this to oppose this latest version, and to demand that their representatives oppose it—even if you have already done so.
    We’ll dive into the details of KOSA’s latest changes, but first we want to remind everyone of the stakes. KOSA is still a censorship bill and it will still harm a large number of minors who have First Amendment rights to access lawful speech online. It will endanger young people and impede the rights of everyone who uses the platforms, services, and websites affected by the bill. Based on our previous analyses, statements by its authors and various interest groups, as well as the overall politicization of youth education and online activity, we believe the following groups—to name just a few—will be endangered:

- LGBTQ+ Youth will be at risk of having content, educational material, and their own online identities erased.

- Young people searching for sexual health and reproductive rights information will find their search results stymied.

- Teens and children in historically oppressed and marginalized groups will be unable to locate information about their history and shared experiences.

- Activist youth on either side of the aisle, such as those fighting for changes to climate laws, gun laws, or religious rights, will be siloed, and unable to advocate and connect on platforms.

- Young people seeking mental health help and information will be blocked from finding it, because even discussions of suicide, depression, anxiety, and eating disorders will be hidden from them.

- Teens hoping to combat the problem of addiction—either their own, or that of their friends, families, and neighbors, will not have the resources they need to do so.

- Any young person seeking truthful news or information that could be considered depressing will find it harder to educate themselves and engage in current events and honest discussion.

- Adults in any of these groups who are unwilling to share their identities will find themselves shunted onto a second-class internet alongside the young people who have been denied access to this information.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Volodymyr Zelenskiy pleads for more arms as frontline Ukrainian city falls

Volodymyr Zelenskiy issued a desperate plea for fresh arms on Saturday as his army commanders announced that Ukrainian troops were pulling out of the key eastern city of Avdiivka, handing Moscow its first major military victory since last May, just days before the second anniversary of the Russian invasion.

Ukraine’s leader told the Munich Security Conference that the slowing of weapons supplies was having a direct impact on the frontline and was forcing Ukraine to cede territory.

“Keeping Ukraine in the artificial deficit of weapons, particularly in deficit of artillery and long-range capabilities, allows Putin to adapt to the current intensity of the war,” he said.
    The retreat from Avdiivka hands the initiative in the conflict to Vladimir Putin, a month before rubber-stamp elections that will hand him another six years in office, and a day after the death of the leading Russian opposition politician Alexei Navalny.

Putin called the capture of Avdiivka “an important victory”, the Kremlin said in a statement on its website.

Referring to the US Congress’s decision to call a two-week recess instead of voting on a $60bn military aid package, Zelenskiy warned that “dictators don’t go on vacation”.

“Hatred knows no pause,”
    he said. “Enemy artillery is not silent due to procedural troubles. Warriors opposing the aggressor need sufficient strength.”
    The US Senate has approved a bill that allocates $60bn in new aid for the Ukrainian military. But it has been held up in the House of Representatives, which last week announced a sudden two-week recess.

President Joe Biden said he had told Zelenskiy that he was “confident” the US Congress would renew war aid, but added that without American help Kyiv could lose further territory to Russian advances.

Failure by US lawmakers to approve the new funding would be “absurd” and “unethical,” Biden told reporters after attending church in Delaware on Saturday, adding: “I’m going to fight to get them the ammunition they need.”
    I hope everyone enjoys their two-week recess in peace and comfort of their safe homes.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

gophilarity.jpg

I really hope that the GOP adopts this Heritage reccomendation. It already mostly has.

'Ending recreational sex' is sure to help them win more elections!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Trump was here in Philly yesterday pushing his latest scam to fleece his empty headed followers: Footwear!

Trump launches sneaker line a day after judge’s order to pay nearly $355 million

I found that ironic since Trump probably never wore sneakers in his miserable life. By the by, what wasn't mentioned in that article was that he was booed. After all, Trump called my town, a place where "bad things happen" back in 2020, clearly an inference to how support for Joe Biden here four years ago blew Caramel Caligula out of the water.
    Someone bought a signed pair for $9k. He said his children will inherit the shoes.

Astonishing Member

And those shoes are fugly.

Ultimate Member

gophilarity.jpg

I really hope that the GOP adopts this Heritage reccomendation. It already mostly has.

The GOP won't be happy until all of society is just WASP drones, living only for work and dying rather than retiring.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Someone bought a signed pair for $9k. He said his children will inherit the shoes.
    Do tell. He was probably one of those clowns who bitched about the high price of gas and groceries, but, he had nine grand to waste on gaudy ass sneakers that were made in China for ten bucks. SMDH.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

gophilarity.jpg

The generation synonymous with ‘free love’, the only generation in the history of ever who were allowed to have all the consequence-free sex they wanted, is the same generation now demonizing sexuality.

Astonishing Member

Donald Trump GoFundMe Raises $84K of $355 Million Target in 24 Hours

n online fundraiser for former President Donald Trump has racked up $84,354 out of a $355 million target in just 24 hours following the final judgement in his civil fraud trial in New York.

On Friday, Trump was fined roughly $355 million by New York Judge Arthur Engoron following a monthslong trial. The trial was to determine how much Trump and his associates would pay after New York Attorney General Letitia James filed a lawsuit in September 2022 accusing the former president, his two adult sons, Donald Jr. and Eric, The Trump Organization and two firm executives, Allen Weisselberg and Jeff McConney of fraudulently overvaluing assets to secure more favorable bank loans and taxation deals.
    Within 24 hours, the GoFundMe page has raised $84,354 from 2,170 donations. The highest donation, which was sent anonymously, was for $2,500. There were also quite a few $100 donations and some $200 donations. Meanwhile, others donated smaller amounts like $5 to $25.

Newsweek reached out to Trump's campaign via email and Cardone via GoFundMe for comment.

Cardone called herself "an ardent supporter of American values and an advocate for justice" who stands "unwaveringly with President Donald Trump" on the fundraising page.

"Now, more than ever, it's time for business owners and entrepreneurs to unite, to show our collective strength and resolve," she wrote. "Let's stand with Trump to ensure that justice prevails and that we continue to fight for a country that respects freedom, honors courage, and rewards the unwavering spirit of its people."
    LOL y'all go ahead and pay for the big Orange fraud and his cokehead goofy children. I saw some comments saying paying for this type thing criminal settlements etc is against the GoFundMe rules. Won't be shocked if more fraudsters are trying to siphon money meant to go to their king fraud.

I bet each one that donated and bought the tacky shoes can give you an incoherent dissertation On the "corrupt Bidens" But they are sitting here willing to hand over cash to pay for fraud judgements and rape/defamation judgements of their Orange leader.
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 02-18-2024 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Donald Trump GoFundMe Raises $84K of $355 Million Target in 24 Hours

LOL y'all go ahead and pay for the big Orange fraud and his cokehead goofy children. I saw some comments saying paying for this type thing criminal settlements etc is against the GoFundMe rules. Won't be shocked if more fraudsters are trying to siphon money meant to go to their king fraud.

I bet each one that donated and bought the tacky shoes can give you an incoherent dissertation On the "corrupt Bidens" But they are sitting here willing to hand over cash to pay for fraud judgements and rape/defamation judgements of their Orange leader.
    That should take care of the interest on the judgement for one day, at least.
    Last edited by 4saken1; 02-18-2024 at 02:45 PM.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.