Page 240 of 338 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250290 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 5069
    Astonishing Member

More stories of Israeli Defence Forces sexual violence towards Palestinians.

Israeli forces detained Palestinian journalists and health workers, blindfolded them and stripped them down to their underwear in Al-Shifa Hospital, in northern Gaza, according to eyewitness accounts shared with CNN.

Palestinian reporters and hospital staff described scenes of humiliating interrogations where colleagues had been undressed and left outside in the cold, after the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) laid siege to the largest hospital in the enclave in the early hours of Monday. One man who was detained told CNN Israeli forces released him without his ID or mobile phone.

The Israeli military raided Al-Shifa after it claimed “senior Hamas terrorists” were using the facility to “conduct and promote terrorist activity.” It claims to have detained a senior Hamas operative during the operation.

A teacher in the Northwest school district was targeted with bomb threats after messages circulated on social media critical of her support of LGBTQ students.

The teacher received a bomb threat at her home, and there was also a threat against Medlin Middle School in Trophy Club, where she teaches.

A spokesperson for the district said the FBI, Trophy Club police department and the Northwest district are working together to investigate the threats, and that the school district will pursue charges to the full extent of the law.

The threats occurred last week during spring break after messages about the teacher circulated on social media account The Libs of TikTok.
    What an amazing coincidence!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fbi-inves...221338118.html

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Likewise there is no concern shown nor counter evidence presented regarding actual anti-LGBT policy and Republican bigotry — just a need to be “right” while simultaneously providing no real substantial or objective proof to back his opinion.

Analysis of said behavior is treated as an attack because it directly addresses the hypocrisy of repeatedly asking for objective facts and evidence only to ignore or dismiss them while providing few to none in return — however, all such evidence needs to be closely examined to address Republican bigotry objectively.

An individual who wants arrive at the correct solution would not deflect from valid evidence.

The real problem isn’t the lack of “specificity” — it’s that bigotry permeates the entire party.

The sheer volume of evidence presented reflects this reality even if he won’t address it directly.
    Questioning news stories that make claims not backed by the evidence they cite, Questioning word choice when Freudian Slips give one away, Pointing out hypocritical double standards of many types, and more things on the list of things we're told should be done if someone is factually in the wrong by Mets . . is responded to as personal attacks against Mets.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Attachment 138389

Let's see if this works.

Feels like a replay of the lavender scare, really.
    As we're told it's exaggeration I tend to believe it a little bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    The House just voted to condemn Putin’s kidnapping of Ukrainian children.

9 Republicans voted against the resolution.

Chip Roy
    Andy Biggs
    Tom Tiffany
    Clay Higgins
    Eric Burlison
    Thomas Massie
    Matt Rosendale
    Warren Davidson
    Marjorie Taylor Greene
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I'd love to learn what their rationale was for voting against the resolution....other that than they're in Putin's back pocket or are just straight up psychotic.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I believe the answer is 'Yes'
    They are not just for open borders, the House GOP also is all in on child trafficking now. It's the only explanation and I am sure Mets will agree with me and become the Libertarian he's always wanted to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It's good to know who Putin has 8n his Pocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    We call those people Republicans these days
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    These people are 100 percent sick and it shows just how far the party has gone off the rails.
    With this vote, the vote against the Border bill, and the vote for Speaker Johnson, there is far more evidence of the GOP being for open borders and child trafficking than any conspiracy theory about nonexistent basements could hope to have.

The NFL's resident MAGA quarterback regurgitated some godawful sh*t the other day:

Aaron Rodgers suggested immigrants might join the military and turn on the U.S.

Talk about someone who needs to "shut up and play", Rodgers is a classic example.
    I think they should all speak their mind, and let people & advertisers know who to avoid or encourage.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Just looking at recent Presidential polls and it does look like Biden has started to develop a lead over Trump.

It's probably happening because the race has narrowed down to just Trump and Biden and some "undecided" voters are coming to their senses.

However, a +1 lead or thereabout for Biden probably won't be enough for him to win the electoral college, so there's still some work to be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I'm something of a Data person, and no poll yet has been proven to be prophetic this early in the election. Take the results with a huge grain of salt.
    Indeed. The election is still eight months off, and a lot could happen in that time. Still, I won't deny being concerned over the part the Electoral College could play. Just like 2020, Biden will need to win by such overwhelming numbers to keep the EC from being a factor.
    Voting is important, as Georgia showed back in 2020. That's why so much effort has been made by the GoP to put thumbs on the scales at all levels of the election process. Only time will tell how successful they've been.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Dracula View Post
    I’ve often wondered who was funding Project 2025 and the Heritage Foundation. I guess now we know.
    Obviously, rich, white, Christian males was my first thought, so no big surprise there.
    And should Trump lose come November, the plan will simply be renamed Project 2029. Short and sweet, these fanatics aren't going away, even if Trump and MAGA does.
    Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Just a semi-regular reminder that Project 2025 is just the culmination of the marriage between the Seven Mountains theology/prosperity gospel faction of fundamentalist ‘christianity’, billionaire oligarchs whose only care is profit to the exclusion of all else, and white supremacists. A marriage that began under Nixon.

The GOP has been working towards a fascist theocracy for over half a century, and people have called them out repeatedly over the years, only to be waved off as ‘paranoid’ or ‘anti-Christian’ or ‘extremist’.

And now, here we are, with them going PUBLIC with the scheme they’ve played close to the chest for decades. Why? Because the GOP and its disgusting brand of ‘christianity’ are dying. Both literally and socially. So desperation is making them move openly to achieve their goal of a Christian World at ANY COST before they die and their ‘legacy’ amounts to nothing but the pain and misery they left behind them in their desperate quest for power, money and control.
    More evidence of the level of biased blinders that need to be up to ignore such stories & posts when one has discussed them in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Just watching snippets of this farce Biden impeachment hearing. I mean the GOP should just want to stop the bleeding here it is utterly embarrassing. They have absolutely NOTHING and it's just giving the Dems on the committee highlight reel stuff calling out the nonsense. When Rep Lynch was calling them out for having the audacity to Zoom call in as a star witness a convicted felon who was in prison for robbing pensions you cant get any more desperate and they are just showing it.
    I need to check this later.

It's not for lack of trying, Mets, judging by your party's rhetoric.

Yes, it's not going to be as effective -- but targetting trans people in public facing jobs is something your party is doing and regularly and routinely portraying them as threats. This one sided fearmongering is ongoing, and if you think it won't cost some folks their jobs, I hate to tell you that it already has.
    -----
    We know from other trans students in the school, as I had linked to previously, that this was a common experience here.
    -----
    Your parties rhetoric, actions, and legislation contributed to the death of Nex Benedict. Things do not happen in a vacuum. Neither did this, no matter how much ambiguity you'd like to pretend there is to escape your party's moral cuplability.
    None of this is new, none of this is without evidence posted on these forums backing it up, and none of it will ultimately be acknowledged in the end according to historical precedent.

I was bullied in Elementary and High School, but I got off lucky for several reasons, including that those who tried to bully me were very bad at it. I can easily imagine how worse it could have been if thins had been different. Don't underestimate the terrible effects of bulling on young people, especially those who are already having trouble making connections to others in school and/or who are widely ostracized by other students.
    To say nothing of being in an environment where the adults who are supposed to provide safety are hostile to you backed by an administration that suggests you're a threat.
    You'd think a teacher in an environment with bullies & bullied students would have more experience with such behavior, but instead we're seeing things dismissed almost out of hand.

Bullshit, bullshit and bullshit. Trump brought us Misery and death. Biden has done a good job.
    Biden might not have been perfect, and I've had a few gripes with him, but he's Head, Shoulders, and Large Hands above Trump in almost every positive metric one can be judged on.

"But what consequences should a terrorist receive?"

Now, as for The Week I've laid it out simply time and time again and learned through experience that going Quote for Quote with Mets leads to no change in posting or behavior from him regardless of if he himself has posted the evidence or not. To be clear, that link is a 5/23 post describing how he's lied without acknowledging it & the reposting of a 1/23 post with the same misinterpretation/obfuscation tactics on display.

To review:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    in surveys by the American College Health Association, the number of students brought up as girls identifying as transgender soared from 1 in 2,000 in 2008 to 1 in 20. You're going to have different responses to those changes depending on your earlier understanding on politics and culture.
    3 Trans woman 0.2
    4 Trans man 0.3
    5 Genderqueer 0.5
    6 My identity is not listed 0.5
    7 Agender 0.3
    8 Genderfluid 0.5
    9 Non-binary 1.9
    10 Intersex 0.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    can you tell me if they were brought up as boys/girls? Can you tell me how they were assigned at birth? Can you tell me anything other than they were anonymous students who said they were Genderfluid/etc?

As it is impossible to do so from the data provided, you know exactly how The Week inflated their numbers in order to make the transphobic lie quoted here:

Everything else is used to disguise that fact & how you refuse to admit it,
    Notice how there is no mention of other studies or analysis, just a direct statement that "This Study Says 1-in-20" when the posted evidence shows that isn't the case. Mets feels this is true, so the fact that they are wrong and won't admit it is acceptable to him (as has been shown by his own posts - He stands by what he said). However even after having the way Daily Kos operates explained he maintains it's trash when it doesn't update it's stories when they are wrong. He hasn't checked to see if/how they've addressed it since or responded to that, he's simply maintained that them not updating old stories makes them Trash in this case. The Double Standard on display now is a new one, but I may have a way to see if I can get the concept of what The Week did through to Mets in a way he understands.

To be clear: He = The Week

Ultimate Member

Notes about Trophy Club, Texas

The school district is the biggest employer in the city with a famous high school.

30 minutes from Dallas.

Household income is $185K

77% White population.

The mayor was a write in candidate winner and SOUNDLY won by 63%.

70% for Trump.

Fantastic Member

Bullshit, bullshit and bullshit. Trump brought us Misery and death. Biden has done a good job.
    I don't know. My life has only gotten worse with each new president. My life was better under Trump than it was Biden and it was better under Obama than it was Trump. Like I said, I see nothing but misery and death in our future regardless of who is in office.

Trump considering Marco Rubio as a potential VP pick. considering what Mike Pence went through, ,anyone who wants the job of Trump's VP should have their heads examined for brain injury.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Fantastic Member

Trump considering Marco Rubio as a potential VP pick. considering what Mike Pence went through, ,anyone who wants the job of Trump's VP should have their heads examined for brain injury.
    Who would you guys like to see him pick as his VP?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbi View Post
    I'd like to see him picking between orange jumpsuits.

Fantastic Member

I dont think you have a say. I think they assign that to you.

I dont think you have a say. I think they assign that to you.
    Straight faced delivery. I approve.

I suppose if his recent “diet” (think most assume some sort of pill?) continues to work it might be choice between large and extra large.

Knowing the Donald he’d pick extra large, to ensure he got more material at tax payer expense….maybe hoping to keep it at end of his work stint, cut it up into handkerchiefs, sell them to the faithful at 1000 bucks each. (“Rubbing down body will cure all evil thoughts”).

Given state of his finances after paying his various court fines, he going to need to be inventive.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    UKRAINE’S STOLEN CHILDREN

Systemic stealing of children is genocide.
    Do stolen children often want to get back to their kidnappers after being reunited with their family?

I only check Ukrainian media to confirm what I already know from the other side. Otherwise you end up believing stories like this one, or the one about widespread rape. (Where is Lyudmila "rape lady" Denisova now, BTW?).

My dad was a POW with the Americans and he was always grateful it was them and not the Russians who captured him after he had deserted Hitler's army somewhere in Belgium. For one, he survived. They gave him enough food and clean living quarters. They also let him work as a translator and taught him how to drive so he could work for them as a chauffeur. He was 17 to 19 years old while he was in the POW camp.
    A German teenager raised in Nazi Germany, fighting for the Nazi army, but not a Nazi, a deserter. When did he desert, exactly?

Edit:

Yeah, he was 17 at the time and had been in the war for 3 years. He said he hadn't had to kill anyone (directly) at that point and he had no plans to. Threw his uniform and gun into a dung heap and asked for help in a Belgian monastery. That's where the Americans found him after a few days.
    So he deserted just as he was about to be overrun? But he never had to kill anyone, he deserted for "moral" reasons? I'm sure that's what he told the Americans.

My Dad guarded German POWs. Maybe they knew each other.
    I'm sure they would all have made a happy family.
    Last edited by comictimes; 03-21-2024 at 12:16 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Can you explain why you're posting this?
    Because there was a lot of uproar about the topic (just as much as there was about mass rape) and this seems to contradict that (just as the sacking of the aforementioned "rape lady" indicated the other was also a sham).

Mel Gibson.

Let’s just put all the racism and misogyny and religious extremism and far right worship of Hollywood ‘tough guys’ on the table.

Jim Caviezel likes both of them, and he played Jesus in that one snuff film? The one so focused on making Christ’s misery, and bloodshed, and suffering as cinematic as possible? The one that completely missed the POINT of all that suffering entirely?

So…
    Last edited by zinderel; 03-21-2024 at 12:20 AM.