Page 283 of 350 FirstFirst ... 183233273279280281282283284285286287293333 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,245 of 5250

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Cue the sad trombone.
    Sad trombone? I'm gonna laugh like Lamont Cranston.

The weed of crime bears bitter fruit. Hahahahahahaha!

Or maybe laugh like Booster Gold and Blue Beetle. Trump losing money is comedy..dare I say it ....GOLD. BWA ha ha!
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post

Daaaaaamn.
    Still way too high for a company with little earnings and lost $50 million last year.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shalla Bal View Post
    I hear you. I had never experienced this before, and even though it was just a few seconds long-- it was scary.
    It only lasted about ten seconds, but, it felt like a train rumbled overhead while I was in my cubicle. Seriously unnerving.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    And LoTT now gets to ban books officially while engaging in terrorism, even if I know she can't be tried for it yet. The GoP are celebrating their peddlers of misinformation from on high and down low.
    Right? She has no experience in education or literature, and doesn't even live in the state...yet the Oklahoma State Library Commitee said, "That's who we need!"
    Last edited by ed2962; 04-05-2024 at 10:14 AM.

No Labels just perpetuates the myth that the Democrats are just a radical on the left as the GOP on the right. Objectively false. The GOP has become a fascist, right wing Party, while the Democrats are still to the right of most liberal Parties in Europe. No Label is not centrist, it is a conservative movement closer to pre-Reagan Republicans.
    It is also astro-turf to help the GOP win.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Strong US labor market underpins economy in first quarter

Nonfarm payrolls increase 303,000 in March
    Unemployment rate falls to 3.8% from 3.9%
    Average hourly earnings rise 0.3%; up 4.1% year-on-year
    Average workweek rebounds to 34.4 hours from 34.3 hours

https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/u...ly-2024-04-05/

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Still way too high for a company with little earnings and lost $50 million last year.
    It's now down 10%.

Unless the usual foreign powers pump serious money into this, it might be a penny stock before the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Strong US labor market underpins economy in first quarter

Nonfarm payrolls increase 303,000 in March
    Unemployment rate falls to 3.8% from 3.9%
    Average hourly earnings rise 0.3%; up 4.1% year-on-year
    Average workweek rebounds to 34.4 hours from 34.3 hours

https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/u...ly-2024-04-05/
    So the Biden Boom continues as Trump reminds the world he is really bad at business.

Edit:

'Is it too good?' Fox's Bartiromo struggles to spin new blockbuster jobs report

The latest jobs report showed another month of enormous growth, with over 300,000 new jobs created, far above the expected number of 200,000 — and Fox News' Maria Bartiromo struggled to find a negative spin to put on things.

Ultimately, she told viewers that the economy was probably "too" good.

"The household employment was actually up almost 500,000, and the unemployment fell, the work week was stable," said former Trump White House economist Joe LaVorgna. "It looks really good right now, certainly better than consensus expectation. Better than a lot of other data might suggest, the PMIs, for example, purchasing manager surveys, suggest there should be weakening employment. So at least for March, things look good. Even if we look at the private sector, huge job growth, over 200,000, if you take out health care, still looking at private, around 150. It's a good number, no question."

"Well it's a good number, but is it too good for rate cuts?" said Bartiromo, referencing the Federal Reserve's recent suggestion that three interest rate cuts could be coming this year — which would be a sign that inflation is cooling, although generally economic growth slows along with inflation much faster than it is currently. "The economy's on fire like this, and we've got 303,000 jobs in the month of March. Why cut interest rates?"

Bartiromo, who according to previous reporting played a key role in spreading conspiracy theories about the 2020 presidential election, similarly attacked the previous jobs report of 275,000 new jobs added, suggesting that the numbers had been rigged by Labor Department employees: "If you've got government holding the strings and pulling the strings, of course you're going to get a better showing than reality!"
    Last edited by CaptainEurope; 04-05-2024 at 10:54 AM.

Invincible Member

Kid Rock no longer boycotting Bud Lite but he does want to go after Planet Fitness and Ben and Jerry's

https://twitter.com/MonitorFake/stat...41641528488196

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Correction, the epicenter was actually 5 miles northwest of Trump's Bedminster golf course. Make of that what you will.
    A near miss. I’ll have to recalibrate and try again.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 04-05-2024 at 11:02 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    So the Biden Boom continues as Trump reminds the world he is really bad at business.
    Trump the expert businessman might end up being one of the all time biggest myths going. Everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING he's touched turned to crapola, the list being too long to mention. If Trump wasn't bequeathed a fortune from his father and actually had to work for a living like the rest of us, he would've starved in a week.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Dracula View Post
    A near miss. I’ll have to recalibrate and try again.
    My husband suggested that Trump was trying to summon Cthulhu and the elder gods to attack his enemies but got the words wrong in his usual fashion.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Democratic congressmen unveil bill to rename a federal prison after Trump

WASHINGTON — Three Democratic congressmen unveiled legislation Friday to rename a federal prison in Miami after former President Donald Trump.

The bill — offered by Reps. Gerry Connolly, of Virginia; Jared Moskowitz, of Florida; and John Garamendi, of California — comes in response to a measure introduced by a group of House Republicans to rename Washington Dulles International Airport after Trump.

The Democrats' bill would rename the Miami Federal Correctional Institution in Florida the "Donald J. Trump Federal Correctional Institution."

“When our Republican colleagues introduced their bill to rename Dulles after Donald Trump, I said the more fitting option would be to rename a federal prison,” Connolly said in a statement. “I hope our Republican friends will join us in bestowing upon Donald J. Trump the only honor he truly deserves.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    My husband suggested that Trump was trying to summon Cthulhu and the elder gods to attack his enemies but got the words wrong in his usual fashion.
    "Niktu, barada..(cough, cough)...."

Dow Jones is up about one percent on the good jobs data.
    DJT is down 13% now.