Page 276 of 349 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286326 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 5223
    Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

I'm not sure if Newsmax has a new intern, but the MAGA mobsters are losing their **** over the right wing propaganda channel turning on Trump with this tweet:

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Supposedly Kyle Rittenhouse did so poorly on the Marines Entrance exam that he's barred from trying again.

https://www.politicalflare.com/2024/...pplying-again/

There's got to be more to the story than this though. Especially with recruitment so low these days. I wonder if there isn't something more that he said or did that made them reject him permanently.
    Perhaps Kyle the Killer ISN’T one of those “Few Good Men” the Marines are looking for. Just a guess.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 04-03-2024 at 04:20 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Nikki Haley still getting 13% in the Wisconsin Presidential Primary, DeSantis 3.
    Trump is looking damaged with 78.9%. By comparison, Biden got 87.9%.

Total votes:

Joe Biden: 494,632
    Donald Trump: 456,187

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Nikki Haley still getting 13% in the Wisconsin Presidential Primary, DeSantis 3.

Total votes:

I'm sure it must gall and frustrate Trump no end that Haley is still enjoying a modicum of support, even though she dropped out of the race weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I'm sure it must gall and frustrate Trump no end that Haley is still enjoying a modicum of support, even though she dropped out of the race weeks ago.
    To the GOP's utter dismay, some voters are paying attention.

Focus groups: Wisconsin swing voters blame GOP for failed border bill

Why it matters: Interviews with voters who backed Trump in 2016 and flipped to President Biden in 2020 suggest that Biden's State of the Union speech last week left them feeling that Trump's GOP is more responsible for Washington's lack of action.

Context: The border plan negotiated by Republican and Democratic senators became dead on arrival after Trump, the GOP's presumed presidential nominee, said he opposed it — and made clear he wanted to campaign on the chaos at the border.

In response, Biden vowed to tell voters "every day between now and November" that Trump and congressional Republicans were responsible for refusing to fix the crisis.
    That includes during the State of the Union, where Biden again challenged Republicans to pass the bipartisan border bill.
    Between the lines: "With the State of the Union, Biden successfully got swing voters mad at Trump for tanking a congressional deal on immigration," said Engagious president Rich Thau, who moderated the panels.

In the NY Primary, Biden got 91.5%. Trump 82%.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

More like utter horror. And, if it isn't, it should be, because if the GQP loses swing voters because the party kowtowed to Trump's demand for chaos instead of solutions, then they've got BIG trouble. Meanwhile, Biden needs to continue using the world's biggest bully pulpit to drive home the GQP's failure regarding the border crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yup, Nikki got double digits in all the contests yesterday, and the protest vote against Biden is fizzling out.

More like utter horror. And, if it isn't, it should be, because if the GQP loses swing voters because the party kowtowed to Trump's demand for chaos instead of solutions, then they've got BIG trouble. Meanwhile, Biden needs to continue using the world's biggest bully pulpit to drive home the GQP's failure regarding the border crisis.
    And other issues, too. People need to know.

Texas women of reproductive age have significant gaps in knowledge regarding the state's near-total abortion ban — which prohibits terminating pregnancies unless the life of the mother is in danger — with more than 8 in 10 lacking an accurate understanding of what medical exceptions are allowed under the law, according to recently released results of a survey by Austin-based collaborative Resound Research for Reproductive Health.

One-third of the 763 respondents in the poll, or 32%, incorrectly believed that victims of rape and incest can legally get an abortion in Texas. Nearly 25% falsely believed that the abortion ban does not apply to pregnant patients facing fatal fetal diagnoses.

Furthermore, 73% of the survey respondents were unaware that clinics in the state cannot terminate pregnancies, according to the survey results released March 21.
    https://eu.statesman.com/story/news/...s/73169174007/

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    This is what happens to anyone who goes into business with Trump:

Trump sues Truth Social co-founders, says they're not entitled to stock shares
    If you aren't Trump, you are expendable to Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Supposedly Kyle Rittenhouse did so poorly on the Marines Entrance exam that he's barred from trying again.

https://www.politicalflare.com/2024/...pplying-again/

There's got to be more to the story than this though. Especially with recruitment so low these days. I wonder if there isn't something more that he said or did that made them reject him permanently.
    Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    There’s the fact that he’s ‘Kyle Rittenhouse’. That should be enough to make any decent employer with a diverse workforce say, “we’re gonna pass.”
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Per the article, he took the test six months before he shot and killed two men. So he was no infamous then. But it's possible that he talked too much about killing rabbits or something.
    While I'm pleased I'd expect such a violent mind would be A-OK for the military these days. I'm pleasantly surprised to see they still have standards.

I'm not sure if Newsmax has a new intern, but the MAGA mobsters are losing their **** over the right wing propaganda channel turning on Trump with this tweet:

LOL!

Total votes:

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I still don't trust the voting public to vote against another 4 years of Trump.

This is a positive sign, but I still don't trust them. The Dems need to get out there and inform rather than just warn.

And other issues, too. People need to know.

https://eu.statesman.com/story/news/...s/73169174007/
    The ignorance is part of the goal, if you don't know what you can do legally you are less likely to try and do it to begin with.

Yup, Nikki got double digits in all the contests yesterday, and the protest vote against Biden is fizzling out.
    The guy who headed the protest vote movement in Michigan openly said it was about steering US policy - and while it is shifting slower than they would like, it IS shifting. People on the fence over it might be thinking it has already worked.
    Dark does not mean deep.

In other news, I wish the change to electric vehicles hadn't been fought so hard that now they are trying to make the change from gas to electric without the stops at hybrids in between them. I'm taking a trip at the end of May, and my rental choices are gas guzzler, full EV, no hybrids, and I'm going to a place without the EV infrastructure AND very high gas prices. It's annoying.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    In other news, I wish the change to electric vehicles hadn't been fought so hard that now they are trying to make the change from gas to electric without the stops at hybrids in between them. I'm taking a trip at the end of May, and my rental choices are gas guzzler, full EV, no hybrids, and I'm going to a place without the EV infrastructure AND very high gas prices. It's annoying.
    If you had competitive rental places to choose from and you were able to choose the one that offers the hybrid, and more people did the same that would get the point across. However, its not always that simple. Good luck with your trip.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Meanwhile in New Jersey

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Limited and very fragile value. If anything happens to Trump, anything takes him offline permanently, Truth Social would barely last one ScaramuccI.
    Hah! One Scaramucci being a week or less.
    Oh, those heady, rollicking days when literally anyone could be in his administration if Trump took a shine to them…or fired with a 2:00am tweet if they fell out of favor.
    I’m sure the staff probably had bets going on how long some people would last.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe