Page 209 of 338 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259309 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 5068

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Dracula View Post
    Compared to the Bush v Gore ruling it’s positively glacial.
    They were also quicker to make sure Trump stayed on the ballot as well. The delay here is obviously intended to help him too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Gee, I wonder who will support the rights of liars to spread misinformation . . .

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Both of these are good things, and the US is getting some aid to those who need it. I've always said I want Israel to be better than the US in this situation, and this points out how they still aren't. As always - They aren't worse, but they're not any better either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Porter is smart enough to know what she's doing when she feeds into the 'rigged' malarky. This isn't a good look for her.

In other, more important news:

https://buckscountybeacon.com/2024/0...alism-project/
    Exagerration.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Meanwhile over in Tennessee again...

The GOP continues to be a bunch of racist scum.
    But ... the decorum!!!!
    Yup, bullhorns are worse than active violence.

Pro pollution party at it again.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nearly-ha...204042036.html

They really are just cartoonishly evil.
    More evidence of the GoP working against Americans, in a different way than we've seen in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I have seen so many comments "shocked" that he was pretty good. Even the mainstream media play into the narrative that hes basically a walking vegetable. Even though Trump has literally never had a non rambling, non narcissistic speech that made sense. Yet he gets a pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Maybe pushing the narrative that Biden didn't have it in him and setting low expectations wasn't the best idea for the GOP.
    I'm glad to see this at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post

Ultimate Member

Politics aside, Biden isn't really as "impaired" as he's been portrayed.

Yeah, he has a number of old person's moments but that's not unexpected given his age.

A lot of SOTU responses were ad-libbed and off the cuff which was actually quite impressive.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I suspect people at Biden campaign offices popped champagne whenever she was on camera.
    Between Greene and Katie Britt who gave a train wreck of a GQP response from her kitchen, said to have made even Qpublicans facepalm, who was the bigger fool last night?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Democrats were hyping up the speech, but he lived up to it. And it's very useful in the context of speculation about his age that he was on camera live for longer than many movies, giving a forceful, energetic performance.
    That had to have galled right wingers no end, especially when you compare Biden to Trump who babbles like a loon and often sounds incomprehensible, if not straight up addled.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Let's give Mets credit for admitting that Biden gave a good speech. That crow must have tasted awfully sour in his mouth.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Between Greene and Katie Britt who gave a train wreck of a GQP response from her kitchen, said to have made even Qpublicans facepalm, who was the bigger fool last night?

That had to have galled right wingers no end, especially when you compare Biden to Trump who babbles like a loon and often sounds incomprehensible, if not straight up addled.
    It was very GOP for a female Conservative to give a speech from a kitchen. How does the saying go? "barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

CNN: Trump posts nearly $92 million bond in E. Jean Carroll defamation case

The notice of Trump’s bond and appeal was made with the federal court in New York on Friday.

In January, a federal jury awarded Carroll $83.3 million in damages as a result of Trump’s defamatory statements denying he raped her, saying she wasn’t his type, and accusing her of making up the allegation to boost sales of her book.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Politics aside, Biden isn't really as "impaired" as he's been portrayed.

Yeah, he has a number of old person's moments but that's not unexpected given his age.

A lot of SOTU responses were ad-libbed and off the cuff which was actually quite impressive.
    Beyond Biden's age, he's also had to deal with a stuttering problem, quite the impediment for anyone in public office, much less President of the United States. That Joe sounds as composed as he does when speaking is remarkable in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It was very GOP for a female Conservative to give a speech from a kitchen. How does the saying go? "barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen"
    Yeah, no way in hell that imagery was unintentional. In my opinion, this is all part of a GQP objective to turn the clock back on women's rights at least a hundred years, if not further back than that.

Republicans mock official GOP response to Biden’s SOTU as ‘comical’ and ‘SNL quality’

And from Rolling Stone: “Into the late hours of the night, Rolling Stone was inundated, sometimes completely unprompted, with messages from longtime GOP operatives, right-leaning pollsters, conservative Capitol Hill staff, MAGA lawyers, and even some senior members of Trump’s own 2024 campaign absolutely torching Britt’s absurdly over-dramatic rebuttal.”

“What the hell am I watching right now?” a Trump adviser reportedly asked someone at Rolling Stone, according to the report.

Charlie Kirk, founder of the conservative Turning Point USA group, posted on social media: “I’m sure Katie Britt is a sweet mom and person, but this speech is not what we need. Joe Biden just declared war on the American right and Katie Britt is talking like she’s hosting a cooking show whispering about how Democrats ‘don’t get it.’”
    Conservative commenter and podcast host Allie Beth Stuckey declared: “Never again.”

Ok, GOP. Never again. I know y’all were going for the relatable mom speaking in her kitchen from her heart, but it didn’t work. Just a straight, strong speech will do in the future. Thanks
    Sarah Longwell, a former Republican turned never-Trumper and publisher at the Bulwark, had one last thing to add:

For months I’ve been saying that Katie Britt is at the top of Trump’s VP shortlist. But I’m going to stop saying that now.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post

Republicans baffled by Katie Britt’s State of the Union response: ‘One of our biggest disasters’

Katie Britt’s Republican response to Joe Biden’s State of the Union address drew responses ranging from the baffled to the satirical to the appalled, even among fellow right-wingers.

“What the hell am I watching right now?” an unnamed Trump adviser told Rolling Stone.

“It’s one of our biggest disasters ever,” another unnamed Republican strategist told the Daily Beast.

Delivering the official State of the Union response can be a thankless task, as the former Lousiana governor Bobby Jindal and the Florida senator Marco Rubio, deliverers of previously panned speeches, would ruefully attest.
    That pointed to widespread confusion over the setting for such a figure to give such an important speech: a kitchen.

As a Gallup poll showed 57% of American voters think the US would be better off if more women were in elected office, Alyssa Farah Griffin, a Trump aide turned never-Trumper, said: “Senator Katie Britt is a very impressive person … I do not understand the decision to put her in a KITCHEN for one of the most important speeches she’s ever given.”

Speaking to CNN, Griffin added: “The staging of this was bizarre to me. Women can be both wives and mothers and also stateswomen, so to put her in a kitchen, not at a podium or in the Senate chamber where she was elected after running a hard-fought race, I think fell very flat and was completely confusing to some women watching it.”
    Kirk asked followers if they liked the speech. Blue-ticked conservative verdicts included “Man, it was so disappointing”, “No, very babysitter-reading-a-bedtime story-like”, “way too dramatic”, and “the up and down emotion was bizarre”.

Among satirical responses, Tom Nichols, an anti-Trump conservative columnist, spoke for many when he said: “There is no way that this Katie Britt address does not end up as part of the Saturday Night Live cold open.”

Elsewhere, the gonzo filmmaker Tom Arnold said: “Katie Britt is so bad she couldn’t be in one of my movies.”

Julia Ioffe, Washington correspondent for Puck News, said: “Imagine you’re sleeping over at a friend’s house and you get up in the middle of the night to pee and you hear a weird sound so you follow it to the kitchen, where your friend’s mom is drunk, crying, and rambling about the national debt. Those are the vibes from Katie Britt right now.”
    From the other side of the political spectrum, however, the gun control advocate Shannon Watts highlighted a darker side to Britt’s performance, as expressed in a particularly lurid passage.

With wavering voice, the senator described meeting a migrant woman who she said described being “sex trafficked by the cartels starting at the age of 12” and who, Britt said, spoke of being repeatedly raped “on a mattress in a shoebox of a room”.

Watts said: “Senator Katie Britt says sexual assault is the worst thing that can happen to a woman while encouraging Americans to vote for a convicted sexual predator.

Last month, Donald Trump, the presumptive Republican nominee for president, was ordered to pay $83.3m in a civil defamation case arising from a rape allegation a judge said was “substantially true”. Accused of sexual assault or misconduct by more than 20 other women, Trump also faces trial this month on 34 charges arising from hush-money payments to an adult film star who claimed an affair.

Britt endorsed Trump last December.v

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I haven’t seen the Katie Britt deal but it’s being joked she came off as mentally unstable now. Someone posted on my fb …maybe it wasn’t a good move to have her do the political speech after it all. One person believes she likely tanked any Presidential aspirations she had.
    Remember years ago, when there was a Republican candidate that had been accused, of all things, witchcraft? And she started her campaign commercial by very sweetly saying to the camera "I'm not a witch." THAT'S who this person was reminding me of.

I liked Tom Arnold's take, but let's be honest. Britt couldn't pass muster to be in a Tommy Wiseau film.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

RNC elects Michael Whatley, Lara Trump as new leaders

The Republican National Committee (RNC) on Friday officially voted to make Michael Whatley and Lara Trump its new chair and co-chair, respectively, cementing former President Trump’s remaking of RNC leadership as he sets his sights on November.

RNC officials gathered in Houston for the group’s leadership meetings, where they agreed to replace outgoing chair Ronna McDaniel, who resigned amid discord with Trump during the primary process.
    Lara Trump will serve as co-chair and will have a major focus on fundraising. The RNC has lagged far behind Democrats in bringing in cash over the past year, a setback heading into what will be a lengthy and bruising general election campaign.

The ex-president’s daughter-in-law told Newsmax last month she would spend “every single penny” to ensure Trump’s election.
    Wonderful. Grift all their money to Trump and not on candidate races, fine with me.

And that's coming from the party that gave us the 1/6 Insurrection. Talk about startling to the nines.