Page 211 of 338 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261311 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 5068
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    I guess the news about the mass protests AGAINST the far right and Putin puppets in Germany over the past few months also did not make it into your bubble. Wow.
    Why am I not surprised you miss the point?

BANNED

"27 Gaza detainees have died in custody at Israeli military facilities since the outbreak of the war, according to figures obtained by Haaretz
    The detainees died at the Sde Teiman and Anatot facilities or during questioning in Israeli territory..."

https://twitter.com/haaretzcom/statu...75236530635180

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    If I were a member of Congress and was asked by my party to give the reply speech to the President's SOTU, I would choose a more professional or meaningful location.

Examples: In my Office; In the Capitol Building Rotunda; in front of the Lincoln Memorial; and so on...many better choices than at home in a kitchen.

And if being at home was warranted, then best to do it in Living Room surrounded by family, or something like that.
    I think it was meant to enforce the narrative that the GOP are just regular folks with the best interests of the working class at heart.
    A narrative that rings less true after Biden pointed out several times how they typically push for tax breaks on the billionaires and corporations and oppose any minimum wage increases and consumer protections.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Dracula View Post
    I think it was meant to enforce the narrative that the GOP are just regular folks with the best interests of the working class at heart.
    A narrative that rings less true after Biden pointed out several times how they typically push for tax breaks on the billionaires and corporations and oppose any minimum wage increases and consumer protections.
    I don't get why she didnt push back thought on the setting and coaching they were giving. She was clearly trying to "act" and that awkward stuff where she abruptly switched tones. "Enough is Enough" or when she was talking about awful things but still creepily smiling in delivery in the quiet kitchen.

And hearing her breathe and whisper was freaky.

Ultimate Member

Marjorie Greene violated two Congress rules last night-no hats or campaign material. Yet she was not removed and various Democrats asked for her to be removed.

Trump’s State of the Union Response: Social Media Glitches and Mocking Filters

Former President Donald J. Trump promised Americans a “play-by-play” of President Biden’s State of the Union address on Thursday night.

That, Mr. Trump declared before the event began, would happen on “Truth Social, the real voice of America,” praising the social media platform in which he has a financial stake that would be his bully pulpit for the night.

But shortly after, that voice sputtered.

Truth Social began experiencing outages toward the beginning of Mr. Biden’s remarks, with more than 3,000 reported outages on the site by 9:30 p.m., according to Down Detector, a website that tracks user reports of web disruptions. The outages paused the barrage of derogatory posts that made up Mr. Trump’s response to Mr. Biden’s remarks, which included an unusual video that deployed Snapchat filters to mocking effect.
    After the event ended, Mr. Trump’s accounts on Truth Social and Instagram featured a video in which Snapchat-like filters toggled over what appeared to be Mr. Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris at the 2023 State of the Union.

One segment showed Mr. Biden and Ms. Harris with googly eyes and wide, menacing smiles while he discussed the Buy American Act; another gave them cowboy hats and braided hair as Mr. Biden talked about insulin caps.

Mr. Trump had assistance with his social media Thursday night and did not make the posts himself, according to a person familiar with the matter.
    Assistance from a 12 year old??? Sounds like it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Middle East CrisisGaza Authorities Say Accident Involving Airdropped Aid Kills 5

Here’s what we know:

If confirmed, the deaths would underscore the difficulty of getting food to people facing severe hunger in the enclave. The U.S. said it had conducted another airdrop on Friday, but that all of that aid had landed on the ground safely.

The Gaza authorities said several others were injured when at least one parachute attached to a pallet of aid failed to open.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Boisterously Confused

I'm gonna vote for Biden, but wouldn't you hate to be his press director having to explain that it's somewhat awkward to mention "having a come to Jesus" with a militantly Jewish prime minister.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I'm sure everyone who watched the SOTU address last night saw Marjorie Trashy Greene, a.k.a. Capitol Storming Barbie, a.k.a. Madam Howler Monkey in full MAGA attire, complete with the obligatory red hat and looking every bit the four alarm fool. After her ridiculous appearance, people on social media are wondering this morning if Greene should've been kicked out because of the pathetic way she was dressed, my answer to that is a solid no. That would've meant giving her exposure she didn't deserve, making her a martyr to the Trump crowd, and that would've been a mistake. Hell, Greene was probably hoping, if not daring the Sargeant at Arms to manhandle her so she could scream bloody murder about it on Faux News and other right wing outlets for days. In the end, ignoring that skank was the best way to go.
    Isn't she in trouble for not being dressed properly. I saw some article where she was quoted saying she'd pay the fine that was coming. Of course my reaction to that was since when does any republican pay what they owe?

Also, it never ceases to amaze me how that walking bag of crap can't get it through her head that the State of the Union isn't about her.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Dracula View Post
    And now Trump controls the purse strings for potential candidates and can withhold funding to those who fail to show absolute loyalty.
    This is how authoritarian politicians consolidate power.
    I wonder when the orange baboon will start growing that little mustache now that he doesn't have to hide what he's trying to do.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Rising star? National contender? Not after last night, at least not to me. Members of her own party were either confused from her rebuttal, or straight up trashed her, including Charlie Kirk, FWIW. Hell, as things stand, if that debacle isn't the cold open for SNL tomorrow night, the producers ought to be fired on the spot.[/i]
    If the producers were smart, they'd play the actual speech on a movie screen and just have the cast of MSTK3000 do commentary. There's just no way to top the f*cking trainwreck reality with a parody.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Marjorie Greene violated two Congress rules last night-no hats or campaign material. Yet she was not removed and various Democrats asked for her to be removed.
    There's no way they were going to give her the megaphone of being removed from the chamber. As much as I would've howled in laughter to see it.

Worse yet, they expelled George Santos from his position and yet he was sitting next to Rapey McForehead last night and announced he's running for office again.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I'm gonna vote for Biden, but wouldn't you hate to be his press director having to explain that it's somewhat awkward to mention "having a come to Jesus" with a militantly Jewish prime minister.
    As a Jew who's had a Christian supervisor use that phrase in my presence, I don't have a problem with it. It's a little tone deaf on Biden's part, yes, but not really that big a deal.
    Watching television is not an activity.

A series of bomb threats made against the Maine state capitol and at least two state lawmakers early Friday morning became at least the second round of threats to disrupt the legislature this year, as it has taken up bills related to health care for transgender children.
    The Maine State House was evacuated Friday morning because of the threats, Derek Grant, secretary of the Maine Senate, confirmed to USA TODAY. Annina Breen, communications director for the Maine Democratic Party, told USA TODAY the party’s offices were also evacuated and searched for an explosive device this morning. Nothing was found, Breen said.

Those bills, and the legislators targeted by the threats, have also been publicized by the right-wing social media account Libs of TikTok. That influencer – as USA TODAY first reported – has tweeted about schools, hospitals and other public institutions that quickly became targets of bomb and death threats dozens of times in recent months.
    Wow! A LibsOfTikTok post followed by bomb threats? What a shocker.

But I'm sure Chaya just didn't realize this would happen, again. She is definitely not providing her followers, which she knows includes people who will make bomb threats, a list of harssment targets. Definitely not a thing at *all*.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...re/ar-BB1jzhIj

Weird how all the people who cry about 'cancel culture' are oddly quiet about the dangers to free speech inherent in violent threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Wow! A LibsOfTikTok post followed by bomb threats? What a shocker.

But I'm sure Chaya just didn't realize this would happen, again. She is definitely not providing her followers, which she knows includes people who will make bomb threats, a list of harssment targets. Definitely not a thing at *all*.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...re/ar-BB1jzhIj

Weird how all the people who cry about 'cancel culture' are oddly quiet about the dangers to free speech inherent in violent threat.
    ‘Free speech for me, not for thee!’

Left wing free speech: “trans people are human beings who deserve respect! Genocide is bad! Drag queens are far less harmful to children that pastors and coaches! The immigration system we have is deeply flawed and changes need to be made that don’t demonize immigration! Treason is bad! Rape is bad! Forced pregnancy is bad! ‘Kill the gays’ laws are bad! Book burnings are bad! Cops are not supposed to be executioners!”

Right wing free speech: “your mother’s fat and ugly! Go back where you came from! God hates fags! Slavery was good for black people! Women’s bodies have ways of dealing with rape, so it’s no big deal! Hillary Clinton ran a pedophile ring in a magic basement of a pizza joint that never had a basement, and killed Benghazi to distract from Obama’s tan suit releasing COVID after it had gay sex with a bat in drag that immigrated illegally!! Insurrection is when you vote in ways I don’t approve of! The people who violently attacked the Capitol in front of everyone were just ‘tourists’ and are ‘political prisoners’! Jesus said immigrants are bad! JEWS HAVE SPACE LASERS!!!!”

Left wing free speech: “can you MAYBE try to form a coherent thought? Or, like…do the job we’re paying you an EXORBITANT amount to do?”

Right wing free speech: “F*** YOU, SNOWFLAKE! Stop trying to cancel me! Free speech!!! I’m being oppressed!!!”

And then a mass shooting or bombing attempt happens against targets the far right demonizes daily - a synagogue or a mosque, a black church or a grocery store in a black neighborhood, a school where ‘libruls indoctrinate muh kids inta cats!’ or a ‘librul university teaching wokeness’. A gay bar or an abortion clinic. A government building that ruled in a way the far right dislikes, or MIGHT.

And then comes the righteous outrage from decent human beings, followed by prevarication and obfuscation and distractions by the right that attempt to pretend that their words and policies aren’t the driving force behind domestic terrorism in America since ABOUT the time of the Southern Strategy (and a generation of white young men influenced by literal Nazis came of age…).

And then come reasonable demands from decent people that something be done to prevent the next far right-motivated act of domestic terrorism, followed by whining from the people on the right (who benefit financially and politically from aligning with extremists and domestic terrorists pretending to be ‘christians’…) that the left is demonizing them unfairly and trying to stifle their free speech, and here are some names and addresses of people and organizations we don’t like, and wouldn’t it be a real shame if something were to happen to them...

And then a domestic terror attack against people the far right hate happens…

Rinse.

Repeat.
    Last edited by zinderel; 03-08-2024 at 11:17 PM.